Possible problem with my VX2025WM (windows tearing)

Hello there I just got my new ViewSonic VX2025WM today and I am having an issue with it or windows I am not sure. The problem only occurs when I am moving windows across the screen horizontally parts of the window will move slower/faster than the rest making the window look all jagged and nasty. I am not having this problem when playing games at all. I am running an abit IT7 with a P4 1.6A, SB Audigy, Abit Ti4200. I have tried running the newest drivers for the geforce and that hasn't helped I also did a clean install of xp with the latest chipset drivers, graphics drivers, and soundcard drivers with no improvement. It seems strange I would have this issue with moving windows around and not when playing a FPS. I am hooked up through the DVI input and also tried the vga. Vsync doesn't help either. Do any of you folks have anything for me to try? I would like to get this fixed as I love this screen otherwise. Thanks for any help you can give me I have been messing with it all day now and am about to give up.

herbalicous said:
Hello there I just got my new ViewSonic VX2025WM today and I am having an issue with it or windows I am not sure. The problem only occurs when I am moving windows across the screen horizontally parts of the window will move slower/faster than the rest making the window look all jagged and nasty. I am not having this problem when playing games at all. I am running an abit IT7 with a P4 1.6A, SB Audigy, Abit Ti4200. I have tried running the newest drivers for the geforce and that hasn't helped I also did a clean install of xp with the latest chipset drivers, graphics drivers, and soundcard drivers with no improvement. It seems strange I would have this issue with moving windows around and not when playing a FPS. I am hooked up through the DVI input and also tried the vga. Vsync doesn't help either. Do any of you folks have anything for me to try? I would like to get this fixed as I love this screen otherwise. Thanks for any help you can give me I have been messing with it all day now and am about to give up.

Your system is not that powerful of a system "in todays time" try lowering the Res.

Very odd, did you make sure the refresh rate was correct for both VGA and DVI? Try putting the monitor on another computer to see if it continues. If thats not possible, swap out the video card.

Your system may also be simply choking at the resoluation, your specs arn't that impressive by todays standards. In which case, decrease quality settings, reduce resolution or upgrade the PC.

I am going to try and set my oc back to how I had it since I have only tried running it all stock. The 1.6A I have will do 2.8 on air so that might help a bit if it is performance problem but it doesn't do it in games any they play smoooth. I also tried it on my xp 2200+ but that isn't any faster thats for sure. Still did the same thing. I will let you all know if increasing my speed helps any.

herbalicous said:
I am going to try and set my oc back to how I had it since I have only tried running it all stock. The 1.6A I have will do 2.8 on air so that might help a bit if it is performance problem but it doesn't do it in games any they play smoooth. I also tried it on my xp 2200+ but that isn't any faster thats for sure. Still did the same thing. I will let you all know if increasing my speed helps any.

Your scenario i've experienced at my previous job when LCD drivers are not loaded correctly or the video card has an issue, either hardware of software. Look at both of those as well.

Ya he is talking about desktop, i.e. 2D performance here. I can't see not being able to run 2D properly being a hardware issue at all here.

Sounds like a software issue to me as well.

Well I bumped my oc back up to 2.8ghz with no difference. I am almost sure that this has to be something software also but I don't know what to try. I did a clean install of XP home with sp2, installed intel chipset driver, intel application accelerator, 81.98 forceware driver, latest audigy driver, then I installed the drivers for the monitor. There was no difference bofore and after installing the viewsonic drivers. I also tried the new 91.31 drivers. I have to be doing something stupid here.

This is normal, at least in my experience.

Every LCD I've had has done this, and in fact it happens on CRTs too depending on what the mouse polling rate is set as and how it relates to the refresh rate of your monitor.

Take a smallish window and drag it back and forth horizontally across the screen, and look closely at the window edges as you go back and forth. Odds are you will see 'tearing' or 'banding'.

Back