/me points to sig!

ilkhan

[H]F Junkie
/me points to sig!

Just sent my mother (who works at HP) the confirmation email ;)

dual 1.66, 2x512, GMA950 (940?), 60GB, 802.11b/g/BT, 14.1" 1440x900 (a res I never expected to use and thus have no desktop wallpapers for!), DVD+-RW DL, um...basically the base e1405 with upgrades for the free memory, the screen, DVD burner, and wireless IIRC.

30% off $999+ means Im paying approx $820 including tax. Damn cheap for a dual core with all those goodies. Yay coupons! i figured the M1210 gaming power wasn't worth the extra (at least) $500 they wanted.

It'll get formatted ASAP to get rid of the dell crap!

Looks like the same notebook I ordered. except I went with an 80gb harddrive. Tax must be more for you because mine was $811

http://support.dell.com/support/order/details.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&order_number=133234487

Upgrades were better screen, BT wifi, DVD+-RW/DL, and second AC adaptor.

I know how much a replacement adaptor can cost, if I lose one, I have the extra at $25 vs $90+ for a decent replacement AC. Those fuckers are expensive!

tax was 56.69, 7.375%
I'll be getting a second battery for it as well at some point in the future. If Im gonna use it for a while, its gonna be very nice...*might* go for a merom, but not sure on that one.

Around feb-march Im planning on throwing a gaming box together for SupCom, and that one will be merom or conroe based, dual screens and DX10 GPU, with a kentsfield replacing it in, oh, june or so.

Gotcha, I didnt get the BT or a second adaptor.

I did go for the better screen though. I wouldnt be able to handle anything less then 1440x900.

Mines already on Boxing. So hopefully it will ship soon.

Raines8416 said:

I did go for the better screen though. I wouldnt be able to handle anything less then 1440x900.
edited above post, and Im used to 16x12 and 20", it will be nice when I go home and game at 720p on a 57" DLP though. :) The 20" is staying and shall be my second screen for this box, primary for the server. Ive already found a remote control plug-in for winamp, so I can adjust the music from the desktop without having to get up from bed or outside.

BT will let me play with my phone. Im wondering if you can use like an MX900 on the built it. Thatd be cool.

Raines8416 said:
Mines already on Boxing. So hopefully it will ship soon.
throw your order status link up here and we can see how far apart we are. :)

glad to see you chose a lappy, I just ordered mine yesterday (hp nc8430)...merom was taking too long (need it for college) and the 100 mail in rebate put it like 20 bucks below my max budget - thank goodness that it was a tax free purchase

after seeing the price you paid for yours though I feel a little sick :D

my merom plan was to just see how long intel uses this socket and then upgrade whenever it's life cycle is completed thus saving cash...I doubt I'll need 64 bit before that time. It isn't really cost effective for me to get merom for a 20% increase in CPU speed. I think I'll be happy for a while. Until then I'll probably either get vista 32 (hopefully cheap through school) or see if I can downgrade this hp to 2000. I don't like xp for some reason.....if I'm lazy i'll just use xp classic mode.

I ignored the HP offerings, big, bulky, and more expensive. But glad you found something you liked.

/me is impatient. How long does it take to fly from asia to america and put a laptop in a box anyway?!

GLSauron said:
I ignored the HP offerings, big, bulky, and more expensive. But glad you found something you liked.

/me is impatient. How long does it take to fly from asia to america and put a laptop in a box anyway?!

Is that what "Boxing" means? :D

its what I was told long ago, and it does make sense.
Also, their ETAs are always conservative. My sig shows several days before the "official ETA"

Hopefully you used some type of coupon with it?

If you didnt I have a coupon for 30% off any EPP including XPS systems. You might be able to call and get a credit or something?

phobic said:
Got me one of these: :D
http://support.dell.com/support/order/details.aspx?c=us&cs=24&l=en&s=pub&order_number=126220634

Thanks to UPS they quickly shipped the laptop where it will sit in a warehouse until Monday. I couldn't speed up thi shipping since I ordered it through AAFES (Army/Air Force) store. Shipping was free and there was no tax at least. My mom will then Fed Ex it to me here in Qatar (which will cost me like $150+).
Waiting for toys sucks.
very nice, but yeah, very much hope you used some sort of discount. The M1210 is very overpriced coming straight from dell.

and MINE GOT SHIPPED! :D

Unfortunately, I didn't get any of those snazzy coupons. To be honest, I'm not even sure they would work since I ordered it through a military store. There wasn't even a spot to put in a coupon. I paid roughly $1700 but now I'm seeing people get the same thing I got for like $1100.

Oh well...

Edit: I just looked at AAFES and the M1210 is now starting at $999 instead of the $1200 that I started my config at. I wonder if I can still save some money. Time for a call...

phobic said:
Unfortunately, I didn't get any of those snazzy coupons. To be honest, I'm not even sure they would work since I ordered it through a military store. There wasn't even a spot to put in a coupon. I paid roughly $1700 but now I'm seeing people get the same thing I got for like $1100.

Oh well...

Edit: I just looked at AAFES and the M1210 is now starting at $999 instead of the $1200 that I started my config at. I wonder if I can still save some money. Time for a call...

yeah man, definately look into that :( hopefully you can do a return or something, that's a lot of gas money :D

Hey GL, has your tracking updated at all?

Mine is still at "Origin"but still "On Time" So im kinda skeptical that its gonna make it here on the 5th due to the holiday. I dont know if UPS has today and tommarow off.

Raines8416 said:
Did you get a UPS or DHL Tracking number yet?
nay
Are the links to the build info/tracking info invisible for some reason?

Thats very strange. Most likely the status just isnt getting updated, but it will be there this week. Hopefully :-/

I just checked my status and its actually very close now. So it might actually get delivered today if they are delivering on the 4th. I guess I will have to check the tracking later to see if its "Out for Delivery"

let us know if you got the laptop. We are eager to know.

and I find it comical that your backup rig is faster than your prime. How did that happen?

Still in transit, so I doubt they are moving stuff around for the 4th. :(

GLSauron said:
let us know if you got the laptop. We are eager to know.

and I find it comical that your backup rig is faster than your prime. How did that happen?

Still in transit, so I doubt they are moving stuff around for the 4th. :(

yeah mine would have been here today but fedex (among others) is/are shut down I guess

ah well i'll grill and watch germany vs. italy (missed it, don't tell me the result!!!! lol it's a miracle I haven't seen it on the internet yet)

Well it wasnt here today, but mine is at the place that it gets delivered from. So I have no doubt that it will be here tommarow. UPS usually comes before noon. I'll put my camera batteries on the charger now so I can take a bunch of pics tommarow ;)

I hope yours comes soon though :( It sucks that you ordered it a day before me but mine is getting here first.

As for my backup being faster. Its because I havent felt the need to upgrade this one (and I decided I am not building a new one until Windows Vista is released), and the backup was actually a prebuilt too good to pass up ;)

Also. Can anyone recommend a bag for me? Im looking for a really good quality, durable bag. I also prefer it to messanger saddlebag style.

Like this, unlike the ones that zip open like a book.

201676717_001.jpg

All the ones like that I find are all for "up to 17inch" I would really prefer an up to 15 inch so it isnt as bulky. Thanks for any help!

GLSauron said:
/me points to sig!

Just sent my mother (who works at HP) the confirmation email ;)

dual 1.66, 2x512, GMA950 (940?), 60GB, 802.11b/g/BT, 14.1" 1440x900 (a res I never expected to use and thus have no desktop wallpapers for!), DVD+-RW DL, um...basically the base e1405 with upgrades for the free memory, the screen, DVD burner, and wireless IIRC.

30% off $999+ means Im paying approx $820 including tax. Damn cheap for a dual core with all those goodies. Yay coupons! i figured the M1210 gaming power wasn't worth the extra (at least) $500 they wanted.

It'll get formatted ASAP to get rid of the dell crap!

it isnt 500 more...

i just ordered the m1210
core duo @ 1.66ghz 167fsb
1gb ram @ 667mhz
geforce 7400 256mb
60gb 7200rpm hdd
bluetooth
the battery upgrade

grand total....$1134 :D

it is in testing right now...

does anyone know how long of a burn in test dell does on their laptops?

KaReeM oF WHeat said:
it isnt 500 more...
Damn stoners are even getting better deals than I am now!

Just found out the college grant isn't going through (guess there is a downside to dropping all but 2 class and changing majors midway through the semester). Couldn't afford anything more anyway.

GLSauron said:
Damn stoners are even getting better deals than I am now!

Just found out the college grant isn't going through (guess there is a downside to dropping all but 2 class and changing majors midway through the semester). Couldn't afford anything more anyway.

lol :D hey wait thats not funny :(

KaReeM oF WHeat said:
it isnt 500 more...

i just ordered the m1210
core duo @ 1.66ghz 167fsb
1gb ram @ 667mhz
geforce 7400 256mb
60gb 7200rpm hdd
bluetooth
the battery upgrade

grand total....$1134 :D

it is in testing right now...

does anyone know how long of a burn in test dell does on their laptops?

Yea, I got a 30% off EPP coupon the other day that works with the 1210. I thought about canceling my order. But I didnt really wanna spend the extra $300 for a mediocre video card and a smaller screen. The 14inch is PERFECT for me.

Raines8416 said:
Yea, I got a 30% off EPP coupon the other day that works with the 1210. I thought about canceling my order. But I didnt really wanna spend the extra $300 for a mediocre video card and a smaller screen. The 14inch is PERFECT for me.
I picked the 14 because I knew 15.4 was too big, from playing a couple of other people's laptops.
Im still worried Id rather have a 12", as well as the gaming ability. The 7400 at least is WAY beyond the GMA950. We shall see. I dont game that much, and what I do is older. At least until SupCom comes out...

yeah i ordered the e1405 (later canceled) the day before i orderd the m1210. i knew i wanted the smaller screen but didnt know about the coupon. when i found the coupon it pretty much sealed the deal.

i am not sure how much gaming i will really do on the 1210. but i am looking forward to seeing how bf2 looks on it. i got it for the portability. i am finishing up school and wanted something small.

There's a few threads over at notebookforums.com and notebookreviews.com's forums. People are doing game tests on the M1210 and I'm pretty surprised at what it can do. You can even play Oblivion and some pretty good settings. I can't wait to get mine which is in France now damn it. Hurry up Fed Ex!

Well my E1405 should be here any minute now, tracking says out for delivery UPS usually comes between 10am-12

yay for you, boo for mine still saying in transit to carrier... :confused: :(

the dell page still says in transit, but damn if I aint looking at the prettiest peice of "in transit" laptop on my desk right now :eek: :D
Pics and impressions to come.

GLSauron said:
the dell page still says in transit, but damn if I aint looking at the prettiest peice of "in transit" laptop on my desk right now :eek: :D
Pics and impressions to come.

COOL! I told you it was probably on its way, they just didnt give you a tracking number.

insert pictures of an *identical* e1405 *here* (but in more tasteful bedsheets ;)

also please note that wireless connections work better when you use the same WEP key for the AP *and* the laptop. :d'oh!: works now.

Back