24" IPS?

NEC will use the S-IPS panel in their 24 inch which comes out this fall. I dont believe anyone else is currently using it but you can count on LG once they have a 24 wide.

LG Phillips have been manufacturing the 23" AS-IPS LCD module since november, they dont do 24".

I might as well throw my question in here.. Has anyone got a list of 20" and 21" monitors which have IPS panels (or S-IPS/AS-IPS)?

kleox64 said:
LG Phillips have been manufacturing the 23" AS-IPS LCD module since november, they dont do 24".

Yes they do make a 24 inch S-IPS panel. Like I said there will not be a monitor with it until this fall. I will take some pictures of it when we get the engineering sample from Japan if you still dont believe me.

20/21 inch LCD's with S-IPS

NEC 2190UXi - NEC panel
Eizo L997 - HItatchi panel

NEC 2090UXi - LG-Phillips panel
NEC 2070NX - LG-Phillips panel
NEC 20WMGX2 - LG-Phillips Panel
BenQ FP2092 - LG PHillips Panel
Viewsonic VP201S - LG-Phillips Panel
LG L2000C - LG-Phillips Panel (this had the same issues the dell 2007FP had)

travbomb said:
Yes they do make a 24 inch S-IPS panel. Like I said there will not be a monitor with it until this fall. I will take some pictures of it when we get the engineering sample from Japan if you still dont believe me.

iam talking about whats available now.

kleox64 said:
Yes, this is the present scenario. Also, it seems that NEC will have few surprises for us, as they will introduce the 24" and 26" panel versions, according to travbomb. Althought, few months ago, I recieved info from NEC that they are not planning the 24" (or larger) GX2 version and that they are preparing the GX3 line for the next year.

LG.Philips finally revealed the new panels availability and if anyone is waiting for the larger S-IPS based panels, it would be interesting to see the developments in this sector:

http://www.lgphilips-lcd.com/homeContain/jsp/eng/prd/prd200_j_e.jsp

On the TFTcentral you have very nice table, compilation of the new panel specs:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/newscontent.htm#lg.philips

Of course, we are still unsure who and how will integrate them.

DVL73 apparently you have done your homework. NEC most likly will not have a 24 inch in the GX2 or 3 line but rather in the MFM line which is new all together.

As for the GX3 I am not sure if and when this is happening. There will be a refresh at some point in the GX2's with 2 ms panels but I am not sure when this is. If the GX3 does happen it will be quite aways down the road.

travbomb said:
DVL73 apparently you have done your homework.
Thank you very much ;)

travbomb said:
NEC most likly will not have a 24 inch in the GX2 or 3 line but rather in the MFM line which is new all together.
That was my impression too. In essence, we will not see the up-sized 20WGX2 versions. We will have LCD2690WUXi/LCD2490WUXi ... and they will probably extend the LCD2090UXi legacy with the wide screen form, better overdrive and new CCFL.

PS

We believe you, no probs with that. However, last minute spec change is always possible (even because of the market advantages) and it may happen that something we have now will not emerge in the final stage. Of course, any further info, pictures or inside info from NEC you may have it's much appreciated and welcomed :)

Something particularly interesting:

LM260WU1 LG.Philips panel:

92% of the colour space and 500 luminance level may suggest the new generation of CCFL, massive 1000:1/3000:1(W/DCR) contrast rate new DFC revision or something similar and impressive 5ms G2G is also interesting for the screen of this size, especially S-IPS variant. Also, it seems that default - not DFC processed - contrast level is 1000:1, which is already very good for S-IPS variant.

Travbomb, will this panel end up in LCD2690WUXi ? Specs are really good, may I say intriguing. Why LG.Philips classified this as 26 TFT LCD Panel for Notebook PC" ? This must be an error, right ?! ;) as I'm not sure about the 26" notebook existence.

wow to the 26" model, 3000:1 contrast ratio, 500mcd, 92% gamut and 5ms g2g.

Travbomb and DVL73......
thanks for all the info, it is much appreciated by all of us.
Wow, those new "S-IPS" panels coming out this Fall (24", 26", 30" sizes) really sound great.
Which Monitor mfrs or vendors will be selling Monitors that use them?
Model names? Prices? Release dates?
If you're not sure, please make a "best guess".
Big Thanks

in any case these monitors will not be cheap, I suggest people start saving and hold off for the next couple of months.

kleox64 said:
in any case these monitors will not be cheap, I suggest people start saving and hold off for the next couple of months.
Perhaps so. But when they hit market, the $2200 Dell 30" will no longer be "the only 2500x1600 LCD " and will nosedive in price.

Zak said:
Travbomb and DVL73......
thanks for all the info, it is much appreciated by all of us.
Wow, those new "S-IPS" panels coming out this Fall (24", 26", 30" sizes) really sound great.
Which Monitor mfrs or vendors will be selling Monitors that use them?
Model names? Prices? Release dates?
If you're not sure, please make a "best guess".
Big Thanks

The only information I have currently is for the NEC products but they are as follows.

NEC 2490 - $1250 - October/November
NEC 2690 - $1400 - September - (92% adobe color gamut)

DVL73 - I believe that panel you spec'd out is correct. The specs I have on our 26 are slightly lower but they have not been updated in a some time and may have been preliminary. I will post new info once I have it.

travbomb said:
NEC 2490 - $1250 - October/November
NEC 2690 - $1400 - September - (92% adobe color gamut)
A 26" in Sept?
Sounds intriguing and price is good. Have you seen one? Silver? Black? HDCP compatible? What kind of output connectors? What does "92% Adobe" mean?
Sorry for all the questions but this 26" is first new size in LCD monitors in a long time, and I've been hearing claims that NEC monitors are higher quality than most. Is that true?

Zak said:
A 26" in Sept?
Sounds intriguing and price is good. Have you seen one? Silver? Black? HDCP compatible? What kind of output connectors? What does "92% Adobe" mean?
Sorry for all the questions but this 26" is first new size in LCD monitors in a long time, and I've been hearing claims that NEC monitors are higher quality than most. Is that true?

Yes I have seen an engineering sample and it looks pretty nice. Looks very similar to the other NEC 90 series products except that it is widescreen. Black. HDCP ready. As of right now it has a VGA, DVI-I, DVI-D. they are still up in the air about the s-video, component, composite connectors. Adds quite a bit of cost to put those in. Current LCD's can cover about 72% of the adobe color gammut and normal CRT's coudl cover about 85% of this. So this new technology is a big deal since it should surpass the color range that even CRT could handle. The adobe color gammut is basically that traingle you will often times see layed over the color pallet. It is a standard measurement for visible colors.

Thanx, Trevbomb, those 26" "Color" specs blow away most everything on market.
After reading them I hopped over to Circuit City store and looked at a 26" lcd-tv just to see how big a 26" screen actually is.
wow, it makes my HP's 23" screen look kinda SMALL.

Back