Project: Fruitf***er

altmann

Limp Gawd
HI all,

After having completed my Annarchy case last year for PAX05, and having recieved such a warm reception for it (Thread is here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=948002&page=1&pp=20) I decided that for PAX06 that i had to make something EVEN BETTEr.

OK, so what could top off the Annarchy case? What could possibly stir the readers of Penny Arcade?

Frutfucker.

So I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what i could do to re-create the phallic shape of our little juicing appliance friend. I finally settled on a regular dome-topped trash can from Target.

The Idea is to bondo the door to the trashcan and paint the entire case.

The case will end up a flat Grey. The idea is to have the Fruitfucker look CEL SHADED as it's coming from a comic strip. There will be black lines around many of the pieces to accomplish this feat.

For now, I can show you some of the mock-ups we've done so far:

180224855_7265a175d4_o.jpg

This is the Fruitfucker /\/\/\ for reference.

180216696_36eac8c736_b.jpg

Mocked up w/tape and cardboard arms for scaling purposes.

180215329_410d617aa4_b.jpg

Another angle.

180215572_322f28b541_b.jpg

After having cut out the bottom of the case. (anyone notice the computer in the background?)

The Idea here is that the bottom of the case will be attached to the legs (probably made of Electrical Conduit) and then the case top will slide down onto it. This will make it easier to transport. We're thinking of doing the MOBO mounting and chassis inside out of acrylic pieces.

I'll keep you updated as things come along. Today I'm going to try and hit up Tap Plastics http://www.tapplastics.com/ (they're a great place for acrylic/plastic pieces btw).

For now, that's all I have to show you!

Sorry Killer,

but with the amount of pieces I've got to add, making everything match the chrome would just be a super-bitch. Plus fingerprints/scratches. I decidede I'd be better off painting it. You'll see!

-Altmann

hahahahahahaahahah

i want a fruitfucker case, that wouldbe awesome on my desk...

lMAOF as well!
I would also call the second mockup picture, an interesting self portrait...
Do you plan on making some effect with the fruit feeder/mouth? (hope I got this right...)

/subscribed

I mulled over the idea of putting a juicer in it. I even bought one, but the dynamics just don't work out. Getting the Orange in there is way too hard. So, I'm resorting to putting a resivoir of orange-juice in it that will come out of the... spout.

bwhahaha.. this is awesome. I can't wait to see it come together. Subscribed. ^_^

I'm a fruitfucker fan, so I am subscribed

I can't see those pics at work though, blocked, but I'm assuming he will be dripping juice in some form?

SWEET FANCY MOSES! FRUIT FUCKER PRIME!

/subscribed

Edit: I had an idea. The..uh, appendage that the FF uses. What about having it fold out or slide out (sort of like the metal chute on the top of salt cans)? Then on the inside there could be a fan to act as a juicer...

That is beautiful.

You should find a cheap Dreamcast on eBay to make into the Dreamcast character.

This mod promises to be very entertaining. Can't wait to see how you get where you're going :)

the black knight always triumphs!

Is that a "my little pony" case in the background by the toilet paper? You know, the pink one with the hearts on it. ;)

I was wondering why a project would have a swear word in it :D

I'll keep an eye on it.

Fruitfu**er is one of the best PA characters ever. Next year, do an evil Merch :-P

I'll be looking forward to this, remember lots of pics.

Just got the Motherboard, CPU and some other Misc. Parts. I'll be posting pics tonight of the pieces and what the plan is for them.

Anyne know the best way to cut an egg shaped piece of wood in half perfectly?

Use a ruler/calipers/whatever and find the longest point-to-point line on it. That should be halfway, if you wanna cut it the long way. If you want to cut it the short way, do that, then measure halfway along it and cut at a right angle to the top to bottom line.

Might not be the easiest, but it should work.

the black knight always triumphs!

UPDATE:

CPU and Motherboard are in:

184235416_7442ab4bf7.jpg

184234554_c37b4618f9.jpg

184233175_aabf8b3c71.jpg

Picked up both for $200 at everyone's favorite, NewEgg.

Also (and I'll have pics tonight) picked up some wooden stuff I needed for hands and some misc items for the eyes and top antenna.

anyone know a good place to get 1" black ribbed tubing? We want to cover the arms and legs with it so it looks proper, but can't seem to find that one place that sells it. Thanks!

-A

The corrugated tubing (also known as looming) you're talking about should be available at Home Depot where they have the home electric wiring stuff. Also some home electronics and car electronics places might carry it. However it will probably have a split down one side (so you can stuff wires into it).

Thanks Inquisitor. Yeah, I've checked out the stuff with the split down the side, I'm not too keen on that due to the split detracting from the overall "polish" of the work being done.

I've got my feelers out to my construction friends. I'll try to grab something tomorrow from OSH or HomeDepot, though a cursory check has turned up nothing.

P.S. I love your work on the case you're doing. It's about time someone made a WH40K mod and a great one at that!

-A

That drain hose could work well, but how well does it hold paint on it?

maybe... that could work. I'm looking for black though. I know, I'm so pickey. I feel like such an a-hole when I talk to these construction guys and I'm like "yeah, but do you have it in THIS COLOR?"

Lowes also has this stuff:

IMG_0240Small.jpg

It's PVC electrical conduit, and is bendable with the use of extremely hot water (dip the piece in for 5 minuits, bend, let cool to shape). It also comes in 1/2" and 3/4", I think.

Back