dell 2007 or vx2025

frankyk

Gawd
i'm a little concerned of vx2025's 'quality' after reading a lot of posts.

some people say dell has more quality and is the superior monitor, anandtech had a great review on the 2005, what about the 2007?

the banding issue a big one for the 2007?

Another vote for the Dell. Its S-IPS panel looks great, and even w/a listed response time of 16ms, gaming is a blast on it (at least for me, this is my first LCD).

Very similar thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1072656

I would have to say the Dell. S-IPS panel, slightly less ghosting, much better viewing angles, better stand, better input connections.

The viewsonic has lower price going for it. But wait for a good sale on the Dell and it shouldn't be that far off. Dell is definitely worth more money in this case.

I have and love my VX2025. I dont know much about the Dell's but I really love this thing. Probably the best thing I bought for myself in quite awhile

Yes, you can beat it. That monitor is in a completely different price range, therefore, it loses by default.

I have had both the viewsonic and the dell now, and I have to say the dell is quite a bit better. I was just never quite happy with the vx2025. After I received my third one (after returning the other two) and still having horrible backlighting, and a stuck green pixel enough was enough.

So I got the dell, and the first one was perfect, no weird x-shaped pattern in a black background, and no dead pixels. Also no ghosting either. On top of that it has more inputs and usb. Those of you on the fence between the two, I strongly recommend the 2007wfp. Here are some pics comparing the two: (dell on the right)

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture009.jpg

If you forget some technical problems you get with the ViewSonic, which one did you prefer?
(design, ergonomy, price, ...)

I have an Acer 2051, which is the VX2025 w/ a glossy coating. If not for the glossy coating I'd have picked the Dell.

if you forget some technical problems you get with the ViewSonic, which one did you prefer?

Dell 2007. Design, and price: well the viewsonic is cheaper, but I definitely like the design of the dell better. It just looks more expensive. Its hard to not base your opinion on the technical aspects, but you have to ask yourself if saving $50 when you buy the viewsonic is worth it. After I got the dell I realized how bad the backlight is with the viewsonic. A black background is very splotchy with the 2025vm. Gaming with the dell is more vivid and there seems to be a hair less ghosting. There are alot more features(usb, composite input, svideo input, picture in picture) that the dell has that is just iceing on the cake for me.

On the picture of the monitors playing Troy, why does the Viewsonic show more of the shot?

I took the shots at slightly different times.

Heres a couple pics of the dell, one in portrait, and one in landscape. It works really well for web pages.

Picture.jpg

Picture015.jpg

What settings did you use to take pics in the dark like that? Did you use a tripod or brace the camera?

Man I keep thinking about lag on the conversions of all lcd's and say crt maybe BUT I want something LOL

ok Dell has the 2007WFP today for 374....AHHHHHH

I don't know what to do

will a p5b/6600 conroe with X1800XL 512m drive this thing in games with good frame rates and some eye candy turned on like AA and AF?

sparks

sparks said:
Man I keep thinking about lag on the conversions of all lcd's and say crt maybe BUT I want something LOL

ok Dell has the 2007WFP today for 374....AHHHHHH

I don't know what to do

will a p5b/6600 conroe with X1800XL 512m drive this thing in games with good frame rates and some eye candy turned on like AA and AF?

sparks
Your specs are great for the screen resolution, you'll have no problems. Go to slick deals and grab a 20% off LCD coupon then buy. Problem solved

What settings did you use to take pics in the dark like that? Did you use a tripod or brace the camera?

Its just the auto setting on my canon a610. I didn't use anything to brace the camera besides my hands.

Even if the monitors were equal, the horrible service of Viewsonic makes this an easy answer in my opinion. Here's a link to my personal ordeal: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1081598

With that said, and having used both quite a bit, there's no doubt that the Dell is much better. It's a higher quality screen, has little to no backlight bleeding, considerably less ghosting compared to the VX2025wm, has four USB ports, composite and s-video connections, full adustability including height and rotation adjustments, and though it may mean less to some, I love the picture-in-picture abilites - great for watching TV while browsing. That was a bit of a run-on, but you get the idea. The Dell costs a little more, but there's no question as to which is better.

Though, for the record, if my VX2025wm had worked, I would have been plenty happy with it. It's not a bad monitor at all.

Damn you, Damn All of you to hell
I Already have a VX2025 and Now you've made me order a 2007Wfp because I had to check and got it for 350 shipped (Give or take 15, It's late, so sue me)
*Sigh*
Now what am I gonna do?

do all of you consider the 2007 the best game monitor for its size?
is everyone gettting $350 ?
I keep getting $379 + shipping....coupons are just ignored
sparks

sparks said:
do all of you consider the 2007 the best game monitor for its size?
is everyone gettting $350 ?
I keep getting $379 + shipping....coupons are just ignored
sparks

No, the NEC is better for gaming, unless you play mostly older games, then the Dell's scaling is a must.

In the $350 range, I think a lot of people think the LG 204 is the best for gaming. And if you prefer glossy like I do, then the Acer F-20 or 2051w.

I'm using both at the moment....I prefer the Dell for everything but gaming....for gaming I prefer the Viewsonic:)

I'm using both at the moment....I prefer the Dell for everything but gaming....for gaming I prefer the Viewsonic

Why is that? It seems better on the dell with me(better colors, same black, less ghosting)

Back