7600 Gt SLI.. Will post pics!

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
So my wife just called and there is a fedex box waiting for me..
Inside is my BFG 7600gt oc's twin, ready to go sli in my system. :D

I know its not much (2x 7600gt's ~ 1x 7900gt), but for a budget gamer like me, this is pretty cool. As far as I know it, there are only 1 other 7600gt SLI user here in the hord (last I checked, using the 3dmark thread), so I'm pumped to get the chance to test this setup.

I am at work right now, but will be leaving in an hour. I will post up pics and run some benches when I get home.. right now, im all smiles :D

Im confused with the budget gamer thing, since two 7600gt's cost just as much as a single 7900gt :confused:

wee96 said:
Im confused with the budget gamer thing, since two 7600gt's cost just as much as a single 7900gt :confused:

Its like purchasing a 7900gt for two easy payments of 130$ :)

Ha, thats a good way to say it, also, you should all post your 3dmark scores, just to get more in that thread. GL with your cards man.

MH

wee96 said:

Youre not married huh?
Wife sees that you want a video card..
You tell wife "$300 for a 7900gt"
She castrates you.

Lets try that again.
You tell wife "$140 for a 7600gt"
She looks dirty at you, but lets you order it.
2 months later, you explain that you are "upgrading the computer" and it will cost $140.
She looks at you dirty and your set again.

TADA!!! SLi!

Anyways, I just got it hooked up and im going to play some BF2 to test it out :D

lloose said:
Youre not married huh?
She castrates you.

Lets try that again.
2 months later, you explain that you are "upgrading the computer" and it will cost $140.

TADA!!! SLi!

Anyways, I just got it hooked up and im going to play some BF2 to test it out :D

Good thinking, I will have use that. :p

Its not much of a "setup", but is completely home built. Most people prefer a quiet case, I prefer one that doesn't have 10,000 lights flashing/glowing in the dark.. I keep it simple.

1rn8.jpg

2rd0.jpg

More coming soon, along with my benchmark submission.

Been married for 4 years :) Gotta put your foot down like me and splurge! :D

BTW I love the setup, dont get me wrong.

lloose said:
Youre not married huh?
She castrates you.

Lets try that again.

TADA!!! SLi!

I do the same thing with my wife... :)
finaly talked her into letting me build a new system when we get the tax money back in feb.
got a $2500 budget...!!!
will be the bigest comp i've ever built for my self!

lloose said:
Youre not married huh?
She castrates you.

Lets try that again.

TADA!!! SLi!

Im married, so lets try my version:

You tell wife "$700 for a 7950GX2"
She castrates you, boils em up, eats em, poops em out lights that on fire, stomps out the fire, and proceeds to tell U what her and the kids could do with that kind of $$$.

Lets try that again.
She looks dirty at you, but tell her U just bought her A NEW CAR!!!
2 months later, you drink a beer knowing U won in the long run......your set again!!!!!!

TADA!!! SLI!

solobaricsrock said:

She castrates you, boils em up, eats em, poops em out lights that on fire, stomps out the fire, and proceeds to tell U what her and the kids could do with that kind of $$$.

Lets try that again.
2 months later, you drink a beer knowing U won in the long run......your set again!!!!!!

TADA!!! SLI!

rofl.. I may have to try that when we have $700... and get it before she goes off and buys some god aweful looking pair of shoes.

solobaricsrock said:

Lets try that again.

TADA!!! SLI!

I used a diamond , cheaper than a car and makes her friends even more jeolous

she needed a new car......so I got it for her and the kids, and my rig listed below.....all for the value price of 25500 made in monthly installments lol :)

I have officially made it a project to get the most out of this beast. I have named my project... SLiCK 76

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2129043

I got the stock scores. I am getting a x2 +4400 at the end of the week, so keep posted for scores.

I will overclock and see what I can do then. I am aiming to beat a few 7900gt scores with a little bit of overclocking :D

Keep posted and dont forget about the Midrange SLi Club

jacuzz1 said:
I used a diamond , cheaper than a car and makes her friends even more jeolous

We'll, im 19 and still in school, so I don't have to worry about this stuff yet ;)

::takes notes anyway::

hahahaha.. I am already beating 7900gt's in the same cpu class.

Say what?
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2129043 My project name is "SLi_CK 76"
This is my STOCKscore.. wait till I overclock.

7900gt's that are paired with a faster processor than mine still SCORED LOWER. They are scoring in the mid 7000's.. my stock score was 8727. Don't believe me? Search for yourself.

Keep in mind too that my Amd 64+3000 is running at a stock 1800mhz.. not like these that are running <2000mhz.

7600gt sli ftw.

lloose said:

Say what?
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2129043 My project name is "SLi_CK 76"

7900gt's that are paired with a faster processor than mine still SCORED LOWER. They are scoring in the mid 7000's.. my stock score was 8727. Don't believe me? Search for yourself.

Keep in mind too that my Amd 64+3000 is running at a stock 1800mhz.. not like these that are running <2000mhz.

7600gt sli ftw.

I score almost 8600 without overclocking on my system...

Nakamori said:
We'll, im 19 and still in school, so I don't have to worry about this stuff yet ;)

::takes notes anyway::

Grow strong with the "Man Force" my young padiwan...... *chewbacca growl*

I used to be the owner of 7600GT SLI. But as soon as I heard about V'modding on the 7900GT, I decided that would be a fun path to take. Highest 3dmark06 with my 7600GTs= 5700. Highest 3dmark06 with my single 7900GT= 6400. Dual monitor hassle with SLI= I will subtract 500 points for inconvience, so more like 5200. I do understand the wife situation though! Enjoy your cards!

After further review:

My 7900GS in my notebook: 9047 your 7600GTs: 8272

The difference between the 7900GS and the 7900GT?
GS= 20 Pixel Pipelines
I believe 6 Vertex Shaders
Slower Clock Speed (forgot exactly, but believe it is 400/1000)

GT: 24 Pixel Pipes
I know 7 Vertex Shaders
Faster Clcok Speed (450/1350-1400) assuming you don't have an OC edition.

Also you ran the tests at 1024x768, gl with 1280x1024. A 7900GT spits on your card (no offense).

I remain unimpressed.

Herea re the current 3dmark06 Standings
7900GT: 7400- Highest Single Card
7600GT SLI: 6700 Highest Single Card (most of which is processor on both of these card

lloose said:

Say what?

7600gt sli ftw.

3 posts to prove you wrong and all it comes down to is....

Heres your computer specs.
coold8.jpg

Look at my sig for my computer specs. No shit, you got a better score... Gee, I wonder why.. 2 gigs of DDR2 ram? Dual Core processor? Much Faster CPU (in terms of mhz)? huh.

Now, if you stuck your 7900gs in my system, it would score less than 8727.
So, to make it short.. 2x 7600gt's > 1x 7900gt's. (or GS in your case).

coold8 said:
Herea re the current 3dmark06 Standings
7900GT: 7400- Highest Single Card
7600GT SLI: 6700 Highest Single Card (most of which is processor on both of these card

So? These using the same processor?

My 7600GT SLI absolutely WHIPS UP on the 7900GT scores posted for the same processor speed in 3dMark 06. Over 900 points difference between the highest project listed and my SLI.

Everything I've seen shows that 7600GT SLI is essentially equal to a single 7900GT. Those of you who dispute this, you have anything that amounts to real evidence?

ok.. I will post some up this weekend?

GRAW anybody?
BF2?
NFSMW?
I will have to reinstall oblivion too and get some nice fraps shots with WOW with everything I can turned up.

Id say go for it since that has always been the downfall of SLI...

As soon as you can get a second card you could go out and buy a new single card that can equal the performance.

I remember SLI with VooDoo2's I went out and bought a diamond monster for like $300, knowing the V3 was soon to come out. No Problem I thought, I will just pickup another VooDoo2 and SLI them since the price should drop.

Well the Price did drop, $50 so it was going to cost me another 250 to get a second voodoo2 or I could just buy a voodoo3 for a little more and have higher resolution settings as well as new features, and 2d and 3d on the same card!

Luckily the Ge-Force came out and put an end to all that non-sense. Now they have started it again...

I still see no point to SLI other than the whole wife thing, especialy for water coolers like myself. Just extra money for more blocks that add heat and hinder flow. SLI only benefits the rich who have money to plop down on 2 of the fastest cards out (which will be obsolete in 1-3 months. Although I must say, the pricing is more reasonable than picking up a second VooDoo2 for an additional $300.

Needless to say I never bought a VooDoo3, 4 or 5 because I was ticked the price for the monster voodoo2 never dropped as it was supposed to. Which I never understood, who would pay $500 for SLI setup when you could buy a faster V3 for less and it came with 2D card as well.

Not sure why I had to have SLI Board this time around as I don't see any point to picking up a second 7800gt unless I come up on a deal... I probably should have just stuck to ATI as I seem to have better luck with them lol, but damn, now crossfire! lol

Ok I'm done venting enjoy your SLI.,

Hmmm....13k 3DMark06 with no OC on the cards but a 600MHz OC on the processor (takes it from 2.0GHz to 2.6GHz) See sig. :) :)

Back