Silverstone TJ09!

the front is similar to the classic praetorian. i kinda like it, it looks very roomy but has many setback like the top 120mm's not being close together which would be perfect for mounting a rad and the chassis appears to be of steel =/

It really doesnt have any intake... not sure if it is a bad thing since it does have 1 80mm and 2 120mm fans for exhaust. I like the idea of having the power supply on the bottom of the case. I still like the TJ03 / 07 better :)

rfisher983 said:
It really doesnt have any intake... not sure if it is a bad thing since it does have 1 80mm and 2 120mm fans for exhaust. I like the idea of having the power supply on the bottom of the case. I still like the TJ03 / 07 better :)
actually - it has a very effective intake. the side panels channels air directly (no grill or filter) to the 120mm intake fan if you look at the 2nd link

the lastest MaxiumPC magazine,,they are using this case for their Ultimate Machine..

anyone notice the radiators on the Tundra TD01? (in the first link)

I am still trying to figure out if it's a case.. I have been staring at it and can't see any backplate holes.. I see tubing.. but it looks tiny..

intersting that the top fans have snaps now and the 92mm went to 120mm on the back. Not quite sure how the intake hdd thing works. Their cases need wheels.

Mine!
nemogullsmine.jpg

So when is this case coming out..I want mine in black..Right now I'm looking at the Lian Li v1200..but I might want something a little smaller..I wish I knew when this is going to hit the street..

Silverstone makes nice cases. I just wish they would do the entire thing in aluminum instead of part steel part aluminum.

magnetik said:
I am still trying to figure out if it's a case.. I have been staring at it and can't see any backplate holes.. I see tubing.. but it looks tiny..

It's a radiator. If you go to link 2, and go back a page in the article, it's all there...

I really like the hard drive bays in this one, looks like it could hold 6 drives potentially.

I also like how they made the PSU go on the bottom. I always thought that was the better design and i have noticed that a lot more companies are starting to manufacture cases with the mobo just set higher up and the PSU on bottom instead of on top. I really like the cases that seperate the MOBO compartment from the PSU/HDD compartment VIA a metal panel. Those cases IMO look sweet and they also insulate all the hot parts from the rest of the computer so cooling is improved from what i hear.

It looks good all in all though, simple and not flashy, but will it have a side window or not?

::EDIT::

o, and btw, you can NEVER have to many fans in a case...unless its all fans like this one i saw...thats a bit much. But, in my case, my computer is OCed on air cooling and runs an OCed gfx card with 3-4 HDD (depending on if the 4th is working or not) and it can produce an impressive amount of heat when under load (almost always). I have trouble cooling it with just the 2x120mm fans and 1x80mm fan that is fitted into my case.

Silverstone makes nice cases. I just wish they would do the entire thing in aluminum instead of part steel part aluminum.

Oooh so true. I wish they woulld allso

Looks really nice, but it will probably be $300+ like the tj07, so I can't afford it.

I was told about 50 bucks lesss....(Around 250.00).wooooot

theDeviL said:
what pioneer drive is that?
yeah that Pioneer drive is the lastest one ''with the retail face plate"..you have to look around to find it..last time I looked I saw some at bestbuy..with that face plate..but it's been a while

Anyone have estimated prices of this case? I am looking to get the TJ07 but I may hold off and get the TJ09 if its worth it.

AaronZ said:
Anyone have estimated prices of this case? I am looking to get the TJ07 but I may hold off and get the TJ09 if its worth it.

Maybe $250. Just from some posts, nothing official. I'm also waiting on this case. I holding out on getting the TJ07 too. I like the TJ09 having that side intake feeding the 120mm fan blowing over the video cards.

rfisher983 said:

It does have a intake, if you look at the secound link you will see that the intake fan is located almost in the middle of the case. its not used to cool the hard drives though purly take air in it draws its air from the side instead of the front. have a look at the side pannels and you will see.

I love this case! I was going to purchase my next Lian-Li case and saw this thread. I did some more research on this and like this even more. I will put off purchasing my next case for this one. It looks like it has a bottom air intake besides the side intake that goes around the HD’s. Now my only concern is how quiet it is going to be. Below are some additional links for pictures of the case. There is one picture of the TJ07 displayed on the table next to the TJ09.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Computex2006/Silverstone

http://vr-zone.com/?i=3732&s=7

http://www.matbe.com/articles/lire/304/computex-2006-compte-rendu/page13.php

Looks like a really nice case. If I can justify spending $250 bucks on it, I think it'll be my top choice. I might have to hack a window in the side of it though, that layout should be shown off with a clean wiring job. ;)

Knowing silverstone they'll probably come out with a window for it. Also, looking more at the layout of the case, it seems sort of hard to wire everything nicely and keep it looking clean. then again I love a challenge!

PS Did ayone else notice the striking resemblance of the TJ09 to the old ATCS -100-SX1?

NV-man said:
Knowing silverstone they'll probably come out with a window for it. Also, looking more at the layout of the case, it seems sort of hard to wire everything nicely and keep it looking clean. then again I love a challenge!

PS Did ayone else notice the striking resemblance of the TJ09 to the old ATCS -100-SX1?

I agree

Rob Black said:

I agree to..it looks like the CoolerMasters..we love a couple of years back..I think thats why I'm drawen to the case..I loved the look of the ATSC's

Thank god all the original ATCS designers are now Silverstone, making all the beautiful cases that we love. The design, quality, and workmanship that goes into all of Silverstone's cases is truly astounding!

NV-man said:
Thank god all the original ATCS designers are now Silverstone, making all the beautiful cases that we love. The design, quality, and workmanship that goes into all of Silverstone's cases is truly astounding!

I agree

NV-man said:

As soon as we get ours in we're going to design a window. I would hope to have everything in and finished withen a week of getting the first case in. Even if Silverstone makes one, we'll have it for you first!

So is the TJ09 Silverstone's new flagship case, or will the flagship still be the TJ07?

Meh I'll keep my TJ-07.... this thing doesn't have dual psu's and looks more or less like a rackmount case thats been converted.

Ockie said:
Meh I'll keep my TJ-07.... this thing doesn't have dual psu's and looks more or less like a rackmount case thats been converted.

i agree, the TJ07 still looks better to me

Back