Interview with Rofty - In English

AtomicMoose

[H]F Junkie
Roftranspo sat with tdg recently for what has to be the strangest [H]ard|DC'er interview yet. Enjoy!

tdg: Congratulations on being chosen the [H]DC'er of the month, how does it feel to be this months chosen one?

roftranspo: Very weird... very, very weird... I thought it was weird to be nominated with Moose so I just ran with it for a few laughs and then it looked like I had a shot and that blew my mind... after all I have only been a part of the team since to beginning of this year.

roftranspo: I do appreciate it though and want to thank all of the people that voted for me...like Viper.

tdg: I admit, I voted for the one of the other guys, but you deserve it. Why do you think you were chosen?

roftranspo: I have no clue... ask p[H]ant0m... he was the first one to nominate me.

tdg: Surely you've done something to help the team out right?

roftranspo: chop the hell out of Moosie :) And actually I think it is just the shear volume at which I post that made me win... people remember who they see... and they see me a lot.... I run a very good campaign....maybe I will run for president and make folding into a law.

tdg: Well post-whoring and Moose-chops will draw attention.

roftranspo: Yes... yes it will... and Moosie is a really good sport too considering the amount of shit we fling at him :)

tdg: Yeah he does, such a sport to clean up after us all.

tdg: Tell us about your DC'ing, what projects do you participate in right now?

roftranspo: Currently only F@H but I do have UD installed on one system that is split between the two projects but it is currently running too hot.

roftranspo: And I have my house, my work, my wife's work and one of my friend's work all borged.

tdg: Roughly how many machines do you have borged right now?

roftranspo: According to Stanford... about 30... 3 (one being down at the minute cuz of heat) at home and about 10 per office.

roftranspo: If you want GHz... I have no clue since I don’t own 90% of my borgs.

tdg: What kind of PPD are you getting out of them?

roftranspo: I have had it range from currently 1400 to a little over 2,000.

roftranspo: Depending on what proteins are out and if i can keep the systems up 24/7.

tdg: I don't know why I always ask that, maybe I'm just hoping someone has less production than me.

roftranspo: Well then we wouldn’t be a [H]ardDC'er than.

tdg: Well maybe I'll start the [H]ardLowPPDDC'er then, haha.

tdg: Or maybe just borg more.

tdg: Anyway, what is your primary reason for Folding?

roftranspo: I just always want to go uber-nerd and be a part of a forum but really couldn’t find a niche... and I kept reading about it on [H]ardOCP since I read that everyday... so I stopped by the forum... scoped it for about 2 weeks and felt like a bunch of people I could get along with so I joined... plus I smoke 1/2 pack a day so its my way of making sure when I get cancer they have a cure.

tdg: That’s an interesting way to think of it, I better keep folding to reverse the effects of smoking as well. I joined for the same reason, great people in the DC sub-forum.

roftranspo: Yes there is.

roftranspo: Like Marty.

tdg: Good guy, strange, but good.

roftranspo: Yep yep.

tdg: Have you participated in any distributed computing projects in the past, or is F@H your first?

roftranspo: F@H is the first... I knew of SETI@home but I didn’t participate in it.

tdg: That's odd, most DC'ers looked for E.T. before they looked for cures.

roftranspo: I don’t care for E.T.

roftranspo: If they want to find us... they will find us or we will get off our ass and go all Star Trek and find them.

tdg: Those aliens are shifty characters.

tdg: Do you think aliens fold?

roftranspo: They are... they probably know the cure that we are looking for, those bastards.

roftranspo: And they better fold.

tdg: Sometimes I wonder if Marty's an alien.

roftranspo: No... but my dad is :)

tdg: Does your dad fold?

roftranspo: My dad BARELY knows how a TV works...and I’m not talking a TV and VCR... I’m talking just the TV....he is a 12 o'clock flasher.

tdg: Interesting, an alien 12 o'clock flasher.

roftranspo: Yep... aliens don’t know electronics.

tdg: We've been lied to this whole time.

tdg: But anyway, if folding, or aliens, could find a cure for one disease tomorrow, which would you hope for?

roftranspo: Umm.... I would have to say cancer or one of the STD's out there even though I know we aren’t fighting STD's here directly.

roftranspo: But yea... those are the two I fear the most.

tdg: One would be most peoples fear, the other would indicate you're a devil with the ladies.

roftranspo: I just don’t want my ladies to have the devils.

roftranspo: And its harsh how you get it... come think about it... you have sex to create life but in turn lose yours.

roftranspo: I’m not a preying mantis.

tdg: That is pretty ironic, isn't it.

roftranspo: It is and just plain wrong.

tdg: Well someday there should be cures to all diseases, but for now I'd recommend putting on your waders before fishin' in the pond if you catch my drift.

roftranspo: Yea

tdg: Well I think that's all the questions I have for you, do you have any last comments for everyone?

roftranspo: DOWN WITH MOOSIE :)

tdg: Those comments makes him stronger you know that right, he feeds off of them. Every time someone says that he borgs a dozen new machines.

tdg: Then he posts screenshots of how he's beating everyone in UD.

roftranspo: Hahahahahah.

roftranspo: Whatever helps.

tdg: So in effect you're helping the team, no wonder you were chosen.

roftranspo: Apparently.

tdg: While inflating Moose's ego.

roftranspo: Oh...I will pop it.

tdg: Is that a public challenge?

roftranspo: The bigger the ego... the bigger the pop.

roftranspo: I can out chop Moosie anytime.

tdg: Well time will tell, thanks for your time, and folding for the team. And once again, congratulations on being this months [H]ardDC'er!

32 read this with nothing to say.... I think that says alot. Note: current view count = 33 guess I should read up then huh?

:)

edit: lol I wanted to cure mad cow disease cuz I eat a lot of beef and RollyPolly want to cure STD's because....he has a few?

I'm one of those 32 people. I guess I needed to mull it over...

Congrats roftranspo! You've brought some life into these forums this summer, and I like that. You make me laugh every day with your crazyness. Keep it up!

Tu madre! En la piscina con los pesces! (if that's misspelled, I am teh sorry)

marty9876 said:
32 read this with nothing to say.... I think that says alot. Note: current view count = 33 guess I should read up then huh?
30 of them were me refreshing the page and feeling bad but no one repling :( jk

roftranspo said:
30 of them were me refreshing the page and feeling bad but no one repling :( jk

It was certainly enlightening and somewhat frightening all at once. :p

For the record, he speaks something resembling english, but spellcheck went bezerk showing me all the errors :p

of all the deseases out there.... you pick STD's to cure. Didn't your mother ever tell you abstinance is key?

Viper87227 said:
of all the deseases out there.... you pick STD's to cure. Didn't your mother ever tell you abstinance is key?
yea she did....but my dad is mexican...and well...you know ;)

Is there a class you guys take to pick these shitty colors every time for interviews? This decided in a secret meeting someplace?

marty9876 said:
Is there a class you guys take to pick these shitty colors every time for interviews? This decided in a secret meeting someplace?
its alll moosie and tdg...i had no say

rayman2k2 said:
Catch 'em, Catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all! STD's!
know thy enemy to defeat thy enemy

oh wait....what? :confused:

Back