((((( Silent ))))) Lian-li - no cutting needed!

monopixel

Weaksauce
This log is for user who prior Silent to Gaming spec:) (I don't play 3D games)
This is my modding log that cant be finished without any metal plate cutting.
Anyone will be able to do.

Sound interception sheet

It has function what decrease sound transmition , and control Coincidence Effect.
After placing this sheet, those metal part become like P180's side panel.(if you tap P180's side panel you can hear nealy sound.)
This sheet is fairly heavy(2.0kg/m2). The whole roll is 20kg. This weigh also contribute to decrease vibration noise. Most part , I use those double layerd for more sound damping.

FDD and Opt Drive.

Bottom sheet - 2 pieces , double layer

Top - cut one piece , double layer

Bottom-Front - 4piece , double layered

Bay area - double layered. Fortunately It makes proper airflow.

Partition - one pince , double layered. Cut cable slit.

HD Box - 2HD in HD silencer fixed with mounter.

Gel insulatered - this gel's proper use is for eathquake shock absorber for furniture or electronics. It is around $1.3.

Bay cover - Double layered

12cmFAN's anti-vibration part

Passive cooled heatsink. Thanks to this rear duct air flow , this PSU doesn't begin to spin its fan.(I set dial to spin when over 50C-) It is working fanless mode.

PSU heatsink - PSU heatsink cooled passively by rear fan duct

Inside the case

Blue mesh

Temperature & Specification
NB temp 45C~ 50C-, Room temp:around 30C- , CPU temp:around 45C- ~ 50C-. HD temp:40C- ~ 45C-.
Front and rear fans are installed. Front:600rpm , Rear:900rpm.

CPU:Athlon 3000+ (QQ on)
Cooler:Ninja + -changed
MB:K8N Diamond
NB cooler:Thermalright HR-05
Mem:Sanmax 512MB x2
HD:ST3250823AS x2
Silencer Box:HD-silencer Rev.2
VGA:Radeon X600XT
Cooler:DEEPCOOL VGA Heatpipe Cooler -changed
PSU:Scythe Stealth Power.
Case:pC-V1000 plus
Front fan:Turbine 1000(controled 400rpm - 600rpm)
Rear fan:Scythe DFS122512LS(controled 900rpm)

screw all that!! I love how my V1000 rattles and I have to hold my leg against it to absorb the aweful noise! I love it! :)

noobtech said:
screw all that!! I love how my V1000 rattles and I have to hold my leg against it to absorb the aweful noise! I love it! :)
that's like the glory of having a Buick with an exhaust leak.. aahhh... sounds purdy..

xLiquidx said:
I can only imagine how quiet this is/will be. :)

Even current temperature is over 30C- here, it works so quietly. I can't hear any noise except rare small HD randam seek sound in quiet room.

If it is changed fans to more quiet ones ( they will be more pricey :p) and to quiet and cool Samsung HD drives , you will be able to get more silence.
My Seagate is hot :D

This is airflow image that I checked with tissue paper.

monopixel said:
Even current temperature is over 30C- here, it works so quietly. I can't hear any noise except rare small HD randam seek sound in quiet room.

If it is changed fans to more quiet ones ( they will be more pricey :p) and to quiet and cool Samsung HD drives , you will be able to get more silence.
My Seagate is hot :D

This is airflow image that I checked with tissue paper.
You know....Heat rises :rolleyes:

gotchya said:

Yea I know , that's why I tried to make airflow from top front mesh to rear fan. And there are also airflow from top rear mesh to rear fan. :)

Though room temp are high and rear fan are so slow , current condition handles this spec well.

gotchya said:

Well, he said he checked the flow with a (scientifically calibrated and accurate) piece of tissue paper, :p It's not like he is making it up in his head.

Back