ARGH!!...Is it 4th Quarter yet? :( new 30inchers?

StalkerZER0

[H]ard|Gawd
ARGH!!! :mad: :(

Why isn't there more news on Samsung's 30incher or BenQ's 30incher hi res monitors? Dang nabbit I want more info now!!!! :mad:
......sorry. I had to vent for a moment. :p
Feel free to express your frustration to the manufacturers here in this thread.

amen to that!

I am sick and tired of waiting for something of quality AND multiple inputs to come out.

I'd even be happy with this proportedly 26" NEC that is the be-all-end-all.

I know someone who is on this board (cant remember SN) apparently works at NEC and might have some more info (price, specs, etc)

I've officially been waiting a year and a half to pick up an LCD. All started back when the 2405 was around...and i said to myself...ill wait for the next round, its SURE to be better.

ummm NO.

COUGHBANDINGCOUGHCRAPPYCOMPONENTCOUGH

I think you were referring to myself.

I do have some specs on the 26 inch. Only issue may be that it doesnt look like it is going to have all the extra inputs.

A-TW-IPS Panel
800:1 contrast
12 ms response
178/178
400 cd/m2
4 year warranty
Height, swivel, pivot adjustments
Optional Soundbar
92% coverage of adobe color gamut.

Should be available first week of october.

Well ya know its a real crying shame that dell didn't come out with a 30 incher that had multiple inputs in the first place. They dissapointed the whole enthusiast community when when the specs was released it turned out to be dvi only. EVERYBODY thought it was going to be a 30 inch version of the 2405.
Then people started making excuses for dell by sayin that it wouldn't be practical or even technically feasible.
Well, the planned BenQ fp301w with multiple inputs puts the technical question to bed......by hitting it with a sledgehammer knocking it out cold!! :mad:
So we know thats a load of bull.

Have you ever heard of something so STUPID....at least for the consumer...that dell didnt add inputs because they didn't want to compete with themselves? I'm sorry, make up excuses for them if you want but that not competing with yourself is just plain retarded.

On the other hand on the word of mouth front it was nice of dell to release spec info on the 3007 months before release so we could get all buzzed up about it in the first place. All we've heard from BenQ and Samsung about their 30 inchers are that they exist and they will be released "Q4".

Bah. :(

travbomb said:

I do have some specs on the 26 inch. Only issue may be that it doesnt look like it is going to have all the extra inputs.

A-TW-IPS Panel
12 ms response
178/178
400 cd/m2
4 year warranty
Optional Soundbar

YES IT WAS YOU!! LOL

BAH! WTH is with these manufacturer's not producing larger format displays with multiple inputs. Do the just think there is NO MARKET for a 24-30" display with all those hookups other than Benq (apparently)

There is a market!
But those frigginly cowardly manufacturers are afraid of what will happen if they start selling monitors like that......people might actually BUY THEM!! :mad:

StalkerZER0 said:
There is a market!
But those frigginly cowardly manufacturers are afraid of what will happen if they start selling monitors like that......people might actually BUY THEM!! :mad:

Main reason for NEC Not putting them on the LCD2690, which i was talking about above is the extra $150 it would cost. This monitor is primarily for graphics and photography type apps so they would not need a lot of the etra inputs.

NEC has a multi-function monitorline that will include monitors in 24, 32, 37 (available in august), 40,46, 57 inch sizes with every input you could think of in the works.

I think manufacturers try and create different lines for different market segements for the most part and that is the reasoning for the input variances. (Dell doesnt do this but most others do)

travbomb said:
Main reason for NEC Not putting them on the LCD2690, which i was talking about above is the extra $150 it would cost. This monitor is primarily for graphics and photography type apps so they would not need a lot of the etra inputs.

NEC has a multi-function monitorline that will include monitors in 24, 32, 37 (available in august), 40,46, 57 inch sizes with every input you could think of in the works.

I think manufacturers try and create different lines for different market segements for the most part and that is the reasoning for the input variances. (Dell doesnt do this but most others do)

do you have any more info on these 'other' nec monitors? 24 or a 32 incher would be sweet!

I wonder if the 32 will be in the same resolution category as the dell 30" (2560x1600).

(im seriously starting to say F' it and just go pick up a 37" westinghouse. ugh

Nothing at the moment. Only on the 37 inch which should be available in 3 weeks.

StalkerZER0 said:
ARGH!!! :mad: :(

Why isn't there more news on Samsung's 30incher or BenQ's 30incher hi res monitors? Dang nabbit I want more info now!!!! :mad:
Amen to that. I want something bigger than my 23 .... 26 up to 32.

A versatile display, the new NEC MultiSync LCD3735WXM (around $2,800) features an ATSC high-definition TV tuner, PC and HDCP video connectivity, and S-video, composite, and component inputs for multiple media devices.

:eek: PRICEY PRICEY.

well Westinghouse seems the better priced version...

now if the smaller sized NEC's are cheaper... but seeing how much this one is, and how overpriced the 20" is.... i highly doubt it.

"A versatile display, the new NEC MultiSync LCD3735WXM (around $2,800) features an ATSC high-definition TV tuner, PC and HDCP video connectivity and S-video, composite, and component inputs for multiple media devices".
==================================

Whats the rez? Got a link?

These are the estimates I have at this point:

2690 - $1750

2490 - $1450

LCD3735 - 1366 x 768

travbomb said:
NEC has multi-function line that will include monitors in 24, 32, 37 (available in august) ...... with every input you could think of
A 32" NEC in August ?!!?
With components and 1920x1200 rez (maybe even 2560x1600 ??)
Drool ... I'd be all over that in a heartbeat, no hesitation at all.
Travbomb, if priced right and with components and 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 rez, it'd blow away the sparsely-equipped (no components) Dell 30".
Please, any more info?

holy crap 1450? is that for the NEC 24 inch?

With that I could seriously buy a normal 24 inch LCD and a 24 inch HDTV LCD.

Zak said:
A 32" NEC in August ?!!?
With components and 1920x1200 rez (maybe even 2560x1600 ??)
Drool ... I'd be all over that in a heartbeat, no hesitation at all.
Travbomb, if priced right and with components and 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 rez, it'd blow away the sparsely-equipped (no components) Dell 30".
Please, any more info?

Sorry after reading my post I should have clarified that only the 37 is shipping in august and I do not have a specific time frame on the others yet.

Doubt the 32 will be 1920 x 1200 since the 37 is only 1366x768. Not sure why they arent though with the whole HDTV deal.

Thanks for the update. (Don't feel bad about the typo, your info is always highly appreciated by all of us).

btw, NEC's new 37" LCD3735 will have 1366x768 rez ?
Not attractive at all.
The Westinghouse 37" Rev.3 has 1920x1080 rez (1080P) and has Components and HDCP and is under $1500 when BB stores have sales.

PYROTAK said:
holy crap 1450? is that for the NEC 24 inch?

With that I could seriously buy a normal 24 inch LCD and a 24 inch HDTV LCD.

Yes that is for the 24 inch.

Doubt you would find an LCD that uses an A-TW-IPS panel for what you are talking about above though.

Keep in midn both the 24 and 26 will be equiped with all the features of the current 90 series (colorcomp, ambibright, etc.) so they will be made for high end photography, medical work, CAD, etc.

Well, it looks like LG.Philips has officially updated their 30-inch panel. According the website below, the new panel has a lower brightness (300 cd/m2), higher CR (1000:1), 8ms GtG time, and higher color gamut (92% of NTSC). Since they are no longer listing the old panel, I wonder if this will quietly end up in the Dell/Apple displays sometime in the near future. According to the info on the page, it has not yet entered mass production, so who knows when we'll see it.

Link: LG.Philips 30-inch panel

This update was probably a response to the upcoming Samsung panel's specs. I'll be curious to see which one wins out in the end...

travbomb said:
Keep in midn both the 24 and 26 will be equiped with all the features of the current 90 series (colorcomp, ambibright, etc.) so they will be made for high end photography, medical work, CAD, etc.
After my temporary hankering for your NEC 32", I'm back to drooling over NEC 26".
For what it offers in terms of specs, the price ($1750 ?) seems fair for hardcore Gamers who want high quality LCD screen with georgious colors covering 92% of Adobe Color Spectrum (surpassing, for first time, the CRT's very high 86%).
Do I understand you right, it won't be out in Aug but will be in Fall? Can you pin a date? Thanks.

travbomb said:
Yes that is for the 24 inch.

Doubt you would find an LCD that uses an A-TW-IPS panel for what you are talking about above though.

Yeah the panel might not be as nice but I am just a normal computer user, not someone who does CAD or photoshop by profession! I can't justify the cost of that when I could get much more use out of a 2007 or 2407 and then get another LCD HDTV

to once again, quote the OP 'ARGH!!!!"

im so frustrated with this waiting game! I wish these 24, 26, 30 inchers (benq, nec) would just be out already so the guinea pigs could review them so we could order them!

Fall tv shows start soon, and i wanted to be able to watch LOST, etc in HD....with my 'new' monitor. Whatever the hell it's going to be!

UGH... now im leaning towards the NEC 20WMGX2- two of em. PLEASE OH PLEASE NEC, make your 24" model JUST AS GOOD AS THIS 20 incher...with 1920x1200 resolution.

travbomb said:

A-TW-IPS Panel
12 ms response
178/178
400 cd/m2
4 year warranty
Optional Soundbar

Hey, just wondering... Where did you get the specs? The specs I saw on this panel (LM260WU1 right?) showed 1000:1 (with a 3000:1 DCR Contrast ratio), 500 cd/m2 brightness, and then 5ms g2g, but that part looks the same probably).

Regardless, it is on my list to buy. :)

Zak said:
After my temporary hankering for your NEC 32", I'm back to drooling over NEC 26".
For what it offers in terms of specs, the price ($1750 ?) seems fair for hardcore Gamers who want high quality LCD screen with georgious colors covering 92% of Adobe Color Spectrum (surpassing, for first time, the CRT's very high 86%).
Do I understand you right, it won't be out in Aug but will be in Fall? Can you pin a date? Thanks.

As of right now it will be available the first week of October. It will probably be able to be ordered 1 week prior to that.

Once I get the product announcement here I will post, so you know it is orderable.

cyrana said:
Hey, just wondering... Where did you get the specs? The specs I saw on this panel (LM260WU1 right?) showed 1000:1 (with a 3000:1 DCR Contrast ratio), 500 cd/m2 brightness, and then 5ms g2g, but that part looks the same probably).

Regardless, it is on my list to buy. :)

The specs I have are what we are using here at NEC. I did see that the specs were slightly higher on LG-Phillips site for the panel listing. NEC generally tends to spec all of their monitors pretty conservatively so that may have something to do with it. Also the 12 ms is black to white to black not grat to gray from what i understand.

Also the brightness may have been tweaked at manufacturing since 500 cd/m2 is pretty damn high for any sort of color apps. This would in turn bring down the contrast slightly too.

Just speculation though.

travbomb said:
The specs I have are what we are using here at NEC. I did see that the specs were slightly higher on LG-Phillips site for the panel listing. NEC generally tends to spec all of their monitors pretty conservatively so that may have something to do with it. Also the 12 ms is black to white to black not grat to gray from what i understand.

Also the brightness may have been tweaked at manufacturing since 500 cd/m2 is pretty damn high for any sort of color apps. This would in turn bring down the contrast slightly too.

Just speculation though.
Thanks. :) I was just curious, not followed stuff long enough to know where you were at. :) The specs do sound much more 'real world', and you're using the same panel as them anyway. The 5ms g2g usually ends up like 12ms black to black anyway, so that's all good.

Just waiting on you guys to finish them up and get them out in September so I can buy one now. ;)

travbomb said:

Oh?? Which one of them will support 2560x1600? If the 32 incher supports a resolution close to that then that would be one to look at for sure......at least for me. But somehow I think your talking about monitors with lower resolutions.

travbomb said:
These are the estimates I have at this point:

2690 - $1750

2490 - $1450

LCD3735 - 1366 x 768

Well then no. Its not even equal to the westy. For a 37 inch tv the resolution has to be at least 1900x1200. Or is it 1900x1080 I keep forgetting. =\

travbomb said:
Sorry after reading my post I should have clarified that only the 37 is shipping in august and I do not have a specific time frame on the others yet.

Doubt the 32 will be 1920 x 1200 since the 37 is only 1366x768. Not sure why they arent though with the whole HDTV deal.

Ya I would be all over a 32 incher with 1920x1200 or 2560x1600. But more than likely it will be another "TV" type model with low low resolutions.
I can't understand it.
I mean, with the westy 37 being 1920x1200 and at such a low price you would think they would stop selling expensive tv models with the low 1366x768 resolutions.

The westy has spoiled us all. =\

Travbomb, "specs" and "ship dates" for the new NECs are scattered in different places in this Thread, hard to find.
Will you please list all the specs you have for these 2 new NEC models? Thanks.
24" NEC 2490
26" NEC 2690
I don't ask for the new NEC 37" specs cuz its low 1366x768 rez labels it "Yesterday".

Zak said:
Travbomb, "specs" and "ship dates" for the new NECs are scattered in different places in this Thread, hard to find.
Will you please list all the specs you have for these 2 new NEC models? Thanks.
24" NEC 2490
26" NEC 2690
I don't ask for the new NEC 37" specs cuz its low 1366x768 rez labels it "Yesterday".

Indeed.
Geez! I'm bout ready to kidnap some BenQ rep's freakin goldfish so I can force some product info out of him.
"spill it or mr. fishy gets flushed!!" :mad: *dangles mr. fishy over toilet bowl*

travbomb said:

A-TW-IPS Panel
12 ms response
178/178
400 cd/m2
4 year warranty
Optional Soundbar

LG has the 3000:1 contrast option on the 26" LCD Panel, why doesnt NEC use that?

kleox64 said:
LG has the 3000:1 contrast option on the 26" LCD Panel, why doesnt NEC use that?

Not sure about that but either way you should be more worried about your static contrast than the dynamic.

LCD2690WUXi-BK - estimeate of $1750
A-TW-IPS Panel
1920x1200
12 ms response
178/178
400 cd/m2
VGA, DVI-D, DVI-I
4 year warranty
Optional Soundbar

LCD2490WUXi-BK - estimate of $1450
A-TW-IPS panel.
1920x1200
VGA, DVI-D, DVI-I
4 year warranty
Optional Soundbar
Shipping in November

Not much else on this one yet.

Let me know if I forgot anything

Is there a difference between the A-TW-IPS panel and the panel one used in the 20" GX2?

Ricey said:
Is there a difference between the A-TW-IPS panel and the panel one used in the 20" GX2?

From what i understand the A-TW-IPS is just a new and improved version of the AS-IPS in the 20.

See?
Thats why I'm so mad. :mad: Without more spec info I can't determine which is going to be the better buy. The dell 3007, benq fp301 or the new samsung 30". At least dell released the 3007's specs months in advance. It gave people pause whether they wanted it or not and so they can plan a purchase.
But its almost 4th quarter and NOTHING specific about either the Benq or samsung 30.

This is very frustrating!

StalkerZER0 said:
See?
Thats why I'm so mad. :mad: Without more spec info I can't determine which is going to be the better buy. The dell 3007, benq fp301 or the new samsung 30". At least dell released the 3007's specs months in advance. It gave people pause whether they wanted it or not and so they can plan a purchase.
But its almost 4th quarter and NOTHING specific about either the Benq or samsung 30.

This is very frustrating!

i agree... its very frustrating... and 1400ish for a 24" nec... might as well get a 30" dell for that much.

then i could get some sort of DVI-KVM thing (if they make them) to switch between computer use and HDTV.

Back