Bad News on Preorders on e6600/e6700 on tank guys

DDRX360

Weaksauce
Here's the latest- (this will be e-mailed later tonight, too)

There is about a 1% chance that we'll actually ship these on the 7th. (The E6600/E6700's I mean). None of the distributors have them yet. It's a mess. I'm working my best still to get these darn things, but my word, Intel and the distributors just can't get this sorted out. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I have more info

http://www.tankguys.biz/forum/showthread.php?p=3124#post3124

From Tankguy's Ben

Someone posted a few days ago that the ETA for tankguys had already been pushed back to the 14th.

He said the e63's and e64's are already in the warehouse and will ship on the 7th

patience my friend, if I were you I would wait and get the 6600, frustrating, yes but you'll be happy with that 4mb of cache

I'm canceling my PO and taking my chances finding one on the 7th any one agree?

I would wait till the 7th and make sure you can buy one than cancel your pre order, lose your 5% and still not have a processor.

Wow fucking sweet. So now the 7th isn't going down and now its pushed to the 14th? Pretty soon its going to be mid september.

By the time I wait and cancel on the 7th the Conroe's will be gone by then

Beats me but I can say with some confidence that it takes more than 50 minutes to do which means even if you cancel now your refund won't process until at least monday anyway because it's not gonna happen after 5 on friday or during the weekend.

DDRX360 said:
This is such BS how many ETA's do we need?
This whole INTEL launch of the C2D chip is bullshit. I think Tank Guys is a great place to buy from, not only do they keep in contact with you through e-mail, but also joined the forums to talk with there customers......

newls1 said:
This whole INTEL launch of the C2D chip is bullshit. I think Tank Guys is a great place to buy from, not only do they keep in contact with you through e-mail, but also joined the forums to talk with there customers......
Yea that's why I plan on keeping my P.O. with them.

tisk tisk Intel

what was the quote?

"Mass quantities of all models on release date"? Somebody refresh my memory.

At most, you'll wait an extra three weeks (if they arrive at the very end of August, highly unlikely). I'd just stick with TG pre-order. Otherwise you'll pay the cancellation fee plus a higher price at other outlets.

osalcido said:
Where's your Intel God now, !!!!!!s?

Last I checked, Conroe still beats the pants off of anything AMD currently offers :) Though, when the tides turn, I'll happily switch back.

jebo_4jc said:
Yea that's why I plan on keeping my P.O. with them.

tisk tisk Intel

what was the quote?

"Mass quantities of all models on release date"? Somebody refresh my memory.

Yep, TankGuys is a great merchant and has excellent customer service. I had a small issue with an order that I had made before pre-ordering my E6600 from them, and it was resolved professionally, courteously, and to my satisfaction in a quick and efficient manner. Even if they get them in later than others (which I somehow doubt it will be much later than others if much at all), I am still going to keep my pre-order with them. They've earned it :).

I'll withhold final judgement on teh quality of the launch until we see what availability looks like on Modnay and tuesday. While the launch schedule has been massively frustrating, with the July 14th NDA lift, the July 27th launch party, etc., after all that August 7th is the day that Intel said the processor family would be widely available for all versions.

Aganerral said:
I'll withhold final judgement on teh quality of the launch until we see what availability looks like on Modnay and tuesday. While the launch schedule has been massively frustrating, with the July 14th NDA lift, the July 27th launch party, etc., after all that August 7th is the day that Intel said the processor family would be widely available for all versions.

Can someone please post a URL where Intel said all Core 2 Duo models (from E6300 to E6700) would be "widely available" August 7? All the July 27 press release says is that E6300 to E6700 systems will be "available" (not "widely available") "beginning in early August".

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060727comp.htm

I feel sorry for you guys. I'm running my E6300 at 3.1 ghz stable. Sucks to be you.

except I have a system ready for a E6600 that will push much further than yours. That's why it doesn't suck to be me.

In the meanwhile, I ganked my fiancees Pentium D 3.2, clocking it at 4.0 in my new upgraded rig. I did let her have my Northwood system though in the interim. She only checks email.

Like the hell I'm really missing anything, I mean - sure the enthusiast part and all but for games...my shit flies like crazy at this FSB and CAS4 corsair ram with an overclocked 7900gt. Correct me again by telling me about which game on the market can't wait for conroe if your supporting rig is even decent?

I didnt think so....let's be patient guys. no rush.

E6300 is all you need atm. Buying anything better just means you have more money then you know what to do with or you just want to show off your E-Dick. When I need a 6600 they'll be $100 cheaper anyway.

Heres more bad news

Hello Everyone-

As many of you may have already heard, there is some depressing news about some of the Conroe Pre-orders. I’m going to fill you all in on the latest info we have, as well as hopefully answer some common questions. As usual, if you still have any questions or concerns after reading this, feel free to contact us.

E6300 – E6400 News

These chips are physically in stock, at our warehouse, and will ship on Monday the 7th. We have enough to cover all existing pre-orders for the 6400’s, as well as the great majority of 6300 orders. There are some of you with new orders placed within the last two days that we haven’t had a chance to update yet – you’ll be contacted on an individual basis to let you know if yours is shipping Monday or not.

E6600 – E6700 News

The news here is less thrilling, to say the least. I have been furiously calling all our suppliers, and continuously checking their availability information. A few had claimed they were getting some this week, which turned out to be incorrect. Just to give you all an idea what we’re dealing with, the ETA’s now provided by our suppliers run anywhere from 8/4 to 9/29, with just about every date in between. This is why we’ve been unable to give you all a shipping date – because I’m getting NO help from our suppliers, who in turn are getting no help from Intel. My “gut” feeling here is that these will be shipping mid August, as we at least have multiple sources in agreement that they will have some by then. Clearly, I can’t guarantee this, but I will tell you that we’ll continue to do everything we possibly can to get these in our hands, and to ship them all out to you as quickly as we possibly can.

Will other stores be shipping on the 7th?

Quite possibly, yes. I don’t know for sure, but I would not be surprised – though I don’t really expect wide spread availabilities of large quantities. Considering that *none* of the Tier 1 national distributors have any of these chips, I would be somewhat surprised of any retailers secured large quantities either, but anything is possible.

Will you let us know as soon as there is a definite shipping date?

Absolutely. In fact, I’ll make it a point to continue these e-mails as long as people wish (If you want to stop receiving them, let me know) and I will also keep updating the information posted on our forum (www.tankguys.biz/forum/)

Will I be in the first shipment?

We’re making it a point to not “oversell” these chips. If your order does NOT fall into the first shipment, you have been contacted. Those of you with new orders, we will contact you and let you know if you haven’t made it into the first shipment as well. It is also worth mentioning that by “first shipment” we mean the allotment from a single one of our distributors. That is to say, I’m only selling the chips out of one of the 5 orders we have placed, so that no matter which distributor gets them first, we can order from them and have enough chips to cover all your orders. This ultimately means that I actually have 5 times as many chips on order as we are accepting pre-orders for, so hopefully this will set your minds at ease.

Why aren’t you responding to my e-mail/phone call/PM as quickly as usual?

In a word: Volume. Please understand we are getting HUNDREDS of e-mails per day. I am personally getting many, many private messages on each forum I visit each day, and we’re getting tons of phone messages as well. We’re working as quickly as we can, so please be patient if we’re a bit slower to respond than usual!

Can I change my shipping method / items on my order?

Yes, just e-mail us at [email protected] with your order number, and your request. We process these as quickly as possible, but please note we may take a few days to change orders. Since these are not even shipping yet, delaying the change of your shipping method for a day or two makes no difference, so we’re putting priority on answering questions and taking care of other problems, and we edit the orders as time permits. We will, however, have all changes finished before the orders start shipping, so please don’t worry if it takes us a few days to change yours.

I hope this answers most of your questions, and I am EXTREMELY sorry that these shipments are getting pushed back yet again. While this is ultimately out of our control, I am doing everything I can to speed it along. If you have any other questions or concerns, or need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks!

-Ben Peters

Sales Department

TankGuys Computer Parts

http://www.tankguys.biz

Visit our new forums: Sign up for exclusive deals and member rewards!

http://www.tankguys.biz/forum/

This is why I don’t pre order shit like this. I just wait for it real patient like, and buy a few weeks later when stock is good a prices are better…

It’s as if out 2.6-3.0ghz AMD64 chips aren’t good enough anymore and we can stand the slowness no more!

It was an error, as mentioned by them on another forum. I even ordered in hopes, too. How sad

im glad im waiting at least 5 more months till i build my conroe rig. Hopefully i can upgrade vista,dx10 card,conroe all at the same time and get a rig that will be solid for a while.(at least untill another drm or tech BS comes out)

Wow, this sucks guys. A shame nobody can get their shit straight. I'm glad I got in on the TD sale.

rapperwith1p said:
Wow, someone needs to check with them and get that fixed before people get pissed they're not getting their Conroes.

It's a glitch in their system and they know about it. They're not in stock their.

DDRX360 said:
Heres more bad news

Hello Everyone-
Will other stores be shipping on the 7th?

Quite possibly, yes.
I don’t know for sure, but I would not be surprised – though I don’t really expect wide spread availabilities of large quantities. Considering that *none* of the Tier 1 national distributors have any of these chips, I would be somewhat surprised of any retailers secured large quantities either, but anything is possible.

Other stores have gotten and sold E6600 already.

The real bad news is that the shipping product is proving to be just as good as the Engineering Samples and kicking the crap out of the competition;)

Back