Intel Retail Edge 2006!

todlerix

2[H]4U
The Purchase Program is coming soon! Qualified Program membersˆ should seize this opportunity, as supplies are limited.

8,000 Chips are needed to qualify for a bundle, while supplies last. 12,000 Chips are required to guarantee your opportunity to purchase a bundle. Don't wait! This year's program launches October 17th, 2006.
Bundle Available now!

This year's bundle will consist of the following:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6300 8/30/06 Price - $200ish
Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH 8/30/06 Price - not sure i'd guess 100-200
Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate 8/30/06 Price - $400 from amazon
All for the low, low price of $220!

How to Earn Chips:Current Challenges:
1,000 Chips

Past Challenges:
500 Chips

Current Articles:
250 Chips

Past Articles:
125 Chips

Visits to Retail Edge:
100 Chips (maximum of 400 Chips per month and 100 per day

Toolbox downloads:
200 Chips (maximum of 400 Chips per month)

Live Events Survey:
1,000 Chips

Note: Bonus Chips offered for certain activities will be reflected in your Chips total upon completion.

YOU HAVE 13580 CHIPS.

Last year the FAQ were:

Q:Linkage!?
A:Intel Retail Edge

Q:How do I get in on this?
A;You must be part of intel retail edge program.

Q:How do I become part of the intel retail edge?
A:Work at a retail store that is on Intel's Retail Edge program. (ie: Walmart, Bestbuy)

Q:If I join now can i make enough points to get the package?
A:Yea, you can. If you made an account today you could qualify (not guarntee) yourself a coupon. If you joined today you'd get just over 8k i think. Over the next few months you will get more chips as more articles and challenges come out

Q:How long does it take per challenge/article?
A:About 5mins each for myself, assuming you actually read it, otherwise 25seconds of educated guessing.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about the board? I've only found a little info on Intel's website, and nothing anywhere else.

Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH Features
Features Benefits
Form Factor ATX (11.60 inches by 9.60 inches [294.64 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters])
Processor Support for an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor in an LGA775 socket with a 1066 or 800 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Pentium® D processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 or 533 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Pentium® 4 processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 or 533 MHz system bus
Support for an Intel® Celeron® D processor in an LGA775 socket with a 533 MHz system bus

Memory Four 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
Support for DDR2 800, DDR2 667, or DDR2 533 MHz DIMMs
Support for up to 8 GB of system memory

Chipset Intel® G965 Express Chipset
Audio One of the following:
8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem using the SigmaTel* STAC9271 audio codec
8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem using the SigmaTel* STAC9271D audio codec and Dolby* Home Theater certification

Video Intel® GMA X3000 onboard graphics subsystem
I/O Control Legacy I/O controller for diskette drive, serial, parallel, and optional PS/2* ports
LAN Support Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Peripheral Interfaces Ten USB 2.0 ports
Two IEEE-1394a interfaces: one back panel connector and one front-panel header
Four Serial ATA IDE interfaces
One Parallel ATA IDE interface with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100/133 support
One diskette drive interface
One serial port
One parallel port

Expansion Capabilities One PCI Express x16 bus add-in card connector
Three PCI Express* x1 bus add-in card connectors
Three PCI Conventional* bus connectors

Looks like a pretty sweet bundle this year, 3k more to go for a guaranteed bundle!

The only thing that makes it worth it at all is the Windows Vista Ultimate. But then again you'll have to wait 5 months for it to come out if it comes out on time.

the price on the proc atm @ mwave is more than 220

plus u get a mobo and super os of doom

might have to get a job at a retail place for a few days....just long enough to get my points and place my order. That's a really good deal, even if the MB turns out to be lousy for OCing (isn't that the reason to get a conroe?)...getting a copy of Vista is also pretty sweet. I bet that stuff retail would cost your 3x as much.

i put my time in on this last year, but they refused to give me my coupon code because i was 17, despite being employed at bestbuy and having well over 12k chips. left a bad taste in my mouth for intel.

I did this last year and they didn't give it to me even though I had 13k points. Reason being was that I was on "extended leave" from Office Depot. Now I work for Directron.com and I don't qualify for this, even though we sell the Intel processors.

nilepez said:
might have to get a job at a retail place for a few days....just long enough to get my points and place my order.
I think you'd have to be there about a month. The sponsoring company verify your employment which takes a little time. There's quite a few perks like this for working retail www.windowsmobiletraining.com is one that I still use 18months after quitting retail. MS Retail Expertzone is another, and HP also had a program. The perks can be pretty good, I got full retail versions of XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro for spending an hour or so doing their quizzes which I then sold for $400 or so on amazon. Sure makes up for the $7/hr and crappy management at the job. :)

if your retail chain store is not on the list you can apply or ask for your company to be added

WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i had like 10,000 chips...

now i have 0...

fucking gay, i hate you intel

todlerix said:
it resets each year

it hasn't for the last 2...

how did dude get 13,000 chips if it resets every year... there's only 7500 available to me right now... 1/2 are the same damn tests i've already taken

suck.. i emailed intel, but i doubt i get a response...

i'm gonna buy a crappy VIA processor or something

Verge said:

how did dude get 13,000 chips if it resets every year... there's only 7500 available to me right now... 1/2 are the same damn tests i've already taken

It does reset every year.
I've been doing it for the past few years, and towards the end of each year/purchase time, I usually get ~14,000-15,00 points.

Typing this on my Pent D 820 bundle from last year and I hope to get it again this year. I got 7350 points so far, and the price is awesome. Now I just need some DDR2-800 and I am all set! :D

is there anyway to get into this without working for a best buy store or intel store??

i work at a car dealership so we dont sell cpu's but i used to work at frys electronics in the past

I've got 7250 so far, I hope I can get my dirty little paws on one of those set-ups.

t0mmyr said:
is there anyway to get into this without working for a best buy store or intel store??

i work at a car dealership so we dont sell cpu's but i used to work at frys electronics in the past

Not that I know of. I work one night a week at O.M. and as soon as the wife finds a job and this years bundle ships, that may be zero nights a week!

Verge said:

if u read the orig post it says you get more if you do them when they come out first, also you get points for download .pdf and logging in, (there are a cap to thesE)

And no unless your part of a retail store on intel's list ur SOL

im already at 8500. and im doing 2500 worth of quizzes right now.

well see if they approve me though. last year they didnt even though i spoke to the intel rep in person myself. somehow it was a snag in the process and no one in our store was approved.

by my math i can have just over 12k as of oct 4th...

sweet. last years bundle i bought for my manager at staples, this years its going to be mine!

Thanks OP, gf works at a retail store, so I'm using her name, 8000 points so far, should be able to get 12k before october :cool:

I'm too lazy to look (esp since I don't have a job in retail to get this deal, but maybe I'll work one day a week for this deal), but how does this board overclock?

If ya work at 2 different stores, can ya get 2 different combos? ;)

Hello, I noticed your thread here so I registered. I like the forum.

I'm a Retail Champ for Intel and I just wanted to encourage all of you that are eligible to go for that bundle! Its unquestionably the best bundle that Intel has offered, and at $220 you can't go wrong for Core 2 Duo.

Take all those articles and challenges, and talk with your local rep whenever you can to get more information about the bundle and upcoming events.

Thanks!
BBB

Let me know if you guys have any questions that I can possibly answer or get an answer for.
[email protected]

B-B-B said:
Hello, I noticed your thread here so I registered. I like the forum.

I'm a Retail Champ for Intel and I just wanted to encourage all of you that are eligible to go for that bundle! Its unquestionably the best bundle that Intel has offered, and at $220 you can't go wrong for Core 2 Duo.

Take all those articles and challenges, and talk with your local rep whenever you can to get more information about the bundle and upcoming events.

Thanks!
BBB

Let me know if you guys have any questions that I can possibly answer or get an answer for.
[email protected]

uumm, u can give me back my chips..i took alot of quizzes, all the way back to Hyperthreading and stuff from 3 years ago.. i deserve em :cool:

hmm i registerd for retail edge in may and i have 8k in chips but the problem is that I dont work at staples no more so I was wondering if I am still going to be able to take advantage of this great deal :rolleyes:

That is unfortunate Volkswagon, as I'm pretty sure you are ineligible if you don't currently work for Staples or another qualifying retail chain now.

Verge, I know how you feel. I would have enough to buy several bundles if chips carried over.
:cool:

Volkswagen said:
hmm i registerd for retail edge in may and i have 8k in chips but the problem is that I dont work at staples no more so I was wondering if I am still going to be able to take advantage of this great deal :rolleyes:

trying never hurt tho eh?

wow this bundle is amazing, especially with windows vista ultimate :eek:

So I just signed up, going to start earning some chips this week. My question is that if I do everything possible, can I get 12k before this offer ends? Or would I have to have started earlier in the year?
If not, I can get 8k though and still have a chance to get it, correct? btw what are the chances if you only have 8k?

Back