New DS3 Bios F4e

the earlier posted F4e BIOS was a mistake, this one is not

go look at my CPU-Z validation in the Core 2 Duo OC thread

Yeah I saw, sorry I thought you were the guy who recommended the broken one to someone else in the xs thread :rolleyes:

Can anyone else not get @BIOS to work? Every time I do "Update New BIOS" (NOT through Internet update), it gives me "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match." This is for F3, F4c AND F4e. I've had to use Quickflash every time so far.

Can someone with a retail E6600 please try this new BIOS out?

arman01 said:
hey can you please tell me your motherboards settings.
Sure
1.35v to CPU
+.3 vdimm
+.3 FSB
set my memory to 1:1
Timings are set according to your RAM
FSB = 475
Multi = 7

Umm everything else is default on that page of the BIOS

Anything else?

yay, im finally able to boot into win xp pro at 266 fsb on my pentium d 930 thans to this bios.
i hit a wall at 254 fsb with f3.

weird, my d930 hit 4.0 just fine with F3.

of course it's a friggin space heater so im back to stock + auto bios OC to 3.3 when needed.

im having a real problem breaking 4ghz and staying stable.
ive settteled at 3.9ghz for now with the ram at 865 mhz if i lower the ratio to 2.0 in the bios i can go to 4 ghz but i have problems and the 3dmark06 crashed.
im using 2gb of corsair xms2x6400 timings should be 5-5-5-12 but cpu-z shows spd at 5-5-5-18 so thats what im using.
for some reason some alot of the ram to cpu ratios crash my computer so i cant even get to post even if the resulting ram speed is around 800 mhz which is what my ram is rated at.

currently at 260fsb 1.38vcore +0.3 on ram +0.3mch and the other one(cant remember name) pcie at auto voltage.
temps are cpu 46c (with little load) system 46c using freezer 7 pro.
waiting for a scythe ninja and a SWIFTECH MCX159-CU northbridge hsf that i ordered.

all i did to hit 4.0 is up it to 1.4v and +.1 on the ram.

but then i do have a ninja.

well im back at stock for now,been trying to get a serious oc for the last 24 hours,i really wanted to get to 4ghz but its not going well.besides,for games what i really need is a better video card my 7600gt isnt too good.im waiting for the x1950 to be released and then ill either get that or a x1900.

btw i couldnt even boot windows at stock everything but with cia on(tryed full thrust and turbo with no luck)

soki said:
Can anyone else not get @BIOS to work? Every time I do "Update New BIOS" (NOT through Internet update), it gives me "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match." This is for F3, F4c AND F4e. I've had to use Quickflash every time so far.
Make sure that you are using the version of @BIOS that came on the CD with the motherboard. That is version 1.10d and for some reason they still only have 1.10b for download on the Gigabyte website. I was getting the same error until I upgraded to the new version, which works just fine for me.

yeah thats funny :) ,what ram do you have?
tried the whole stock but +0.1 ram and 1.4 vcore not to lucky and when i did get 4ghz it was a toaster.
im finding 240 fsb stock vcore +0.1 ram at the 2.00 multiplyer to be pretty stable and cold at the same time not much of an oc but its still an oc.

im wondering how performance is effected by having the ram at a lower speed while oc'ing the cpu?

bout the 7600gt i dont like the picture quility i have to put AAx4 to make it look ok and the resulting framerates arent impressing me at all (1024x768 res) never touched AA on my old ati's guess im an ati guy.

Ok, I figured, I start out with the default BIOS (came with the board). F1 BIOS.

I couldn't overclock worth a shit. Prime would error out at even like 2.5Ghz. (see sig for details)

But I noticed that Prime was only failing the memory portion, if I put it to small tests (in cache) it wouldn't. So I went in to the "secret" BIOS by hitting CTRL+F1, it let me set the timings of the ram properly instead of the random shit it was setting. It was setting my DDR667 to 5-6-6-17. I changed it to 5-5-5-15 and its more stable, so far... I just went to 300FSB @ 2.7Ghz, and all seems well. Maybe I'll burn it in overnight at that speed just to get things warmed up.

I may also try one of the newer BIOS's tomorrow. I'm dead tonight, been reinstalling WinXP, all my apps, copying 3 DVD's worth of crap back to the harddrive, etc..

@bios hasnt worked for me at all it crashes every time i try to run it,no mater if its from the cd that came with the board or the ver on the website.so i use qflash no problem.

i know about the ram timings options and just got more confused but they did help me POST at faster speeds.my rams timings should be 5-5-5-12 at 1.9v but spd in cpuz says its 5-5-5-18.my ram is corsair twin2x2048-6400.also i dont know which setting in the bios is the TRC which according to cpuz is 22 by default.

i dont even get me started on ram:fsb ratios that have my mem at near and under 800 mhz which its rated at and i cant POST .

@ bios from CD worked fine for F4C. I've flashed quite a few bios in windows and never had a problem.

Back