X-Fi Elite Pro with $100 rebate and free shipping

Freaking lame.

I just bought mine 3 weeks ago from ZZF but the rebate is only for 15th - 22nd Aug.

Whatever. They could pay me to keep this card, I wouldn't do it. Endless static and the sounds of children screaming whenever I play any games or listen to music. How does a company whose sole purpose is to make soundcards and music stuff mess up this badly? Couldn't they just take their Audigy line (which works just fine), change the name, and resell it? </rant>

jester1176 said:

Some people do have some problems with Static with the X-Fi, but children screaming? I think he's confusing his rugrats with his speakers.

Regarding the issues with the X-Fi line: The X-Fi is awesome when it works correctly. It does seem to be lacking in engineering tolerance. Of course something in nearly every person with a problem's computer is causing the static, but Creative engineers should have allowed for a certain amount of error without resultant static. It just doesn't make sense to expect everyone to have a clean-room computer setup.

In my mind the X-Fi is a bit like a very nice six lane highway bridge. You can drive very fast on it and it's got all the features you could want on a calm day. When you build the bridge in a place with cross-winds problems develop. You see, the archtect who designed the bridge (soundcard) never expect there to be much wind at all (electrical noise).

Yeah, but I wouldn't trust anything from ZipZoom anyway. I bought my Fata1ity with a 100 dollar rebate and I got a used one...bent pins and everything.

I wouldn't trust zipzoom

FearTheTerp said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't trust anything from ZipZoom anyway. I bought my Fata1ity with a 100 dollar rebate and I got a used one...bent pins and everything.

I wouldn't trust zipzoom

You can say that again! I ordered two hard drives from them and then realized it wasn't working. No biggie, things happen. I examined the hard drives and found a deep dent on the metal encasing on the top. Both of them! tried to return and get my money back with an explanation of the problem and why I think it wasn't working (DENT!) They sent a reply stating that there was a dent (DUH!). Took 3 months to resolve the whole thing. I see zipzoom, I zipzoom outta there...

lsdavinci said:
You can say that again! I ordered two hard drives from them and then realized it wasn't working. No biggie, things happen. I examined the hard drives and found a deep dent on the metal encasing on the top. Both of them! tried to return and get my money back with an explanation of the problem and why I think it wasn't working (DENT!) They sent a reply stating that there was a dent (DUH!). Took 3 months to resolve the whole thing. I see zipzoom, I zipzoom outta there...

OMG! I recommended my brother in law to buy XFI Fatality from ZZF with the $100 rebate. The card has the poping and crackling noise problem whenever he goes online. So I went over to his house to visually inspect the card. I was taken back by what I saw, every pin on the card looked as if a 2 year old child had it in his hands, every single (diode/pin?) was bent almost flat!

We tried to stop the crackling problem by installing latest chipset drivers and switching pci slots with no success. He is in the process of trying the latest bios for his motherboard.

This is very underhanded and deceptive of ZZF, there was no information on their website about the cards being used or having manufacturing flaws. We assumed they were new.

I will suggest he send it back for an RMA to see if he gets a replacement.

OMG! I recommended my brother in law to buy XFI Fatality from ZZF with the $100 rebate. The card has the poping and crackling noise problem whenever he goes online. So I went over to his house to visually inspect the card. I was taken back by what I saw, every pin on the card looked as if a 2 year old child had it in his hands, every single (diode/pin?) was bent almost flat!

We tried to stop the crackling problem by installing latest chipset drivers and switching pci slots with no success. He is in the process of trying the latest bios for his motherboard.

This is very underhanded and deceptive of ZZF, there was no information on their website about the cards being used or having manufacturing flaws. We assumed they were new.

I will suggest he send it back for an RMA to see if he gets a replacement.

i never recommend ZZF anymore.

short version: they needed my phone number to authorize payment from my AMEX card. I did not want to give my number out. I called AMEX and they authorized the charge, and verified this with ZZF (three way calling).

ZZF still wanted my number to authorize the charge. I think they were pushing hard to get numbers to sell to telemarketers. They don't have to sell to me, and I don't have to buy from them.

Back