SLI water cooled question

Richatarded

Bad Trader
I have just placed a danger den order for some water cooling stuff for a new build (wait for my thread on tuesday ;) ) and I have a question for you guys

on a DFI lanparty Nforce4 SLI-DR expert, with two XFX 7900GT's and two DD maze4 blocks, can I mount them both with the barbs facing the top and get 1/2ID 2/3OD tubing to make the bend from one card to the other without kinking? I have seen some people just placing the block so the barbs face backwards and using longer runs, but I think it would look really good with the shorter loop, what do you guys think?

someone on xtremesystems posted this, sort of answers my question, but what are those in the middle of the tube? zip ties?

dscf0107df8.jpg

Ugh, I find the zip ties and the cool sleeves to RUIN the look of everything, I am a PERFECTIONIST about stuff like that, I will be desoldering and cutting the lengths of all the wires to make them perfect, so just putting zip ties in the middle of a tube is not acceptable, is there any other sollution, I heard of boiling the tubes to make them band easier, is that true?

boiling works great with pvc tubing, dont know about vynal tubing, it might be too soft.

Boil them, bend them into the desired shape, and freeze them. It wont do all THAT much, but it certainly helps.

I'd recommend bending them AROUND something... Like a can of soup so they dont kink.

juest get cool sleeves they prvent the tube from kinking... or run 7/16" tubing

Richatarded said:
someone on xtremesystems posted this, sort of answers my question, but what are those in the middle of the tube? zip ties?

dscf0107df8.jpg

someone needs to redo their cable sleeving!

just use 7/16" tubing instead. same barbs, easier to work with and similar flow.

hmm thanks for the advice guys, but I really have to find another way, I think I will mount them backwards and route the tubes differently because I DON'T want to ruin the look of the tubes, I am totally anal about that.

I'm using two Maze4's on my vid cards with 7/16 masterkleer tubing. Very easy to work with for the "sli bend". Didn’t need any cool sleeves or zip ties... Although I found it easier when I switched the inlet on the bottom gpu. So instead of the hose bending straight up to the next block it bends diagonally. Hope that makes sense cause my digi-cam is broken, heh...

yeah having a slight problem visualizing that, but I am a pretty dang sharp kid, I am sure I can figure it out when it all arives today.

Sorry for the hijack, see comment below this one if you want to see unedited version of this post. Let's just say I've got a good reason for what I did at this point.

Back