Dell 2407WFP A03 Revision Official Thread..?...Information Wanted!

falconman515

Limp Gawd
In the Offical thread for the moniter it shows a posting on the dell site about someone receiving an A03 revision of this moniter.....wanted to get a thread going to get any and all information regarding this revision!

I just got mine about a week ago and it was the A02 revision and i am more than happy with this display...i have not yet used it for the component input or vga for xbox360 (when i do finally get one), but i hear there are some things that still need to be addressed and if this is true hopefully this A03 revision will do that.

Also if this is true and we that have just purchased out A02 moedl displays we can always get them replaced within the first 3years with a new revision correct?

If anfyone has any info or anything to post to keep us all updated please lets hear it!!

Original posting on dells site - http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=63795

Like I said in the other thread, I should be getting my 2407 on friday, so I'll let you guys know what happens then.

I got a A03 revision and horizontal and vertical banding have been fixed. I have tested the A03 against A02 and 2005FPW and I confirm that the banding is finally gone.
Please see the oringal posting on Dell website for more details.
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfo...essage.id=63795
Please note that the components input has not yet been tested.

reports from the dell forum post about this say that the component inputs HAVE BEEN FIXED.

does this revision help the input lag problem that some have been complaining about or is that pretty much unfixable due to the panel properties itself?

I got a rev a02. :(

If anyone can confirm these reports, this monitor is going back asap.

I ordered mine this weekend so I hope I luck out. My first lcd purchase. :D

Well I just got mine a few days ago and its a revA02. I will be calling dell tomorow to have it replaced hopefully with an A03.

awesome people lets keep this thread going on as much information as possible....ive heard conflicting stories about the A03....some say its true some say no....Dell wont confirm......one person got one and says it just goes blank on him out of no where...and another person said the same thing....some say the component hasnt changed and some say it has?????

Lets keep all the info going and hopefully attach some proof to back up what we find out thanks guys!!!!!!!

Shabby610 said:
reports from the dell forum post about this say that the component inputs HAVE BEEN FIXED.

Where did you see that? From what I saw, there was no mention of it being fixed (and seeing as this is only a firmware upgrade, it most likely is NOT fixed).

If that is true about Revision A03, with the issue of banding and component inputs resolved, then i am willing to bet that the input lag is now just as bad or even worse than the 2405FPW. It's something I'd bet a few dollars on, just from my gut feeling.

The input lag on the 2405FPW is slightly worse than that on 2407WFP in some cases, as tested by a few posters on other forums. The reason why I say "some cases" is because the input lag is not consistent in 3D and usually occurs with Vsync and when there is heavy graphics load. Some have tested it to be 20-30ms behind the 2047 on 2D desktop applications with a timer clock running on both monitors.

What's Dell's replacement policy if you've had the monitor >21 day no-questions asked return policy? I've had my A02 for around 2 months. Would they be willing to exchange it for an A03 if the component and banding has been fixed?

i have one 2407fpw in the mailbox waiting ..it was shipped yesterday overnight by dell..i hope ill get the a03 revision and im gonna compare them side by side with my badass 2505fpw

I'm fairly sure most 2407 shipped recently will be A02's, since it seems that Dell has built up a bunch in inventory. But I'm hoping against hope that the time A03's are whats shipping in CA, that I wont be too far into the hole with getting new pc parts.

Chris-M just posted that the only changes in A03 have to do with languages on the OSD......anyone else here smell bullshit?

on the contrary though, we have seen lack of actual proof of the so claimed "fixes" everyone is reporting.

On my 2407WFP A03, the banding is gone in desktop mode using DVI. :cool:
The left monitor if the A02 and right one is the A03.
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=169814&cdate=20060828&ctime=140357

Why Dell does not want to acknowlege the fixed issues with A03?
Dell said that the A02 revision fixed the banding but any A02 owners can see that the vertical banding was not fixed.

My advise to potentiel customers is to wait until the probability of getting a A03 revision is 100%.
Also, I would wait to see if the components input issue is fixed. This is still unknown.

Well I got my 2407 this week but it's a A02. How do I go about getting a A03? Just calling customer service?

What do you guys use for testing? Not that I really care about banding, input lag, and whatever else shit is going around I'd just like to see it for myself. I'm no longer a gamer and just needed ample resolution for cad/cam operations.

Both are using DVI.
The monitors are side by side and the pic shows vertical banding.

thanks, was just wondering how they were connected. Given what Dell have said about the A03 "update", what do you think causes the difference in the models you have?

Well, for instance the panel code and the firmware version are different between A02 and A03
For A03, the firmware version is V1B20 and the panel is HN208.
For A02, the firmware version is V1B15 and the panel is SAM WUXGA LTM240L2.

The panels must be the same but it is likely Dell is now using an internal code.

My guess is that Dell fixed the firmware but does not want to admit it.

I have taken two more pictures showing that the banding is gone with A03 using DVI:
1) Horizontal banding
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=horizontalbandinga03cz1.jpg
2) Vertical banding
http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verticalbandinga03rb4.jpg

it certainly looks positive and perhaps that maybe Dell have sorted things out. Either that or there aren't any changes other than OSD fixes, but that maybe A01/A02 had variable quality as a revision. Strange situation and (I've seen your posts on their forums as well btw :)) it's weird that ChrisM might be withholding information possibly. Maybe he isn't in the know, your pics certainly seem to suggest there is an improvement

The reason ChrisM is saying the only changes are in the OSD is because that's what the higher ups told him. If Dell announced that the new revision fixed something, they'd get a lot more requests from people wanting to replace their monitors. This would cost them money. Thus, they fix the banding to reduce returns on future and current monitors, but at the same time they stay silent on the issue on older monitors. Because people who don't notice the banding on A02 would be more obliged to keep them if Dell didn't point it out to them. Get it?

Any info whether the A03 has the red/green/yellow trails on white backgrounds?

So far I have tried (Desktop mode) Prey, Dreamfall, Fear and HL2 Episode 1 and it is just stunning!
The image quality blows away my Dell 2005FPW.
My understanding is that the media/gaming modes were added to have an optimal image for each type of use.
But, you can adjust yourself the monitor settings (brightness, sharpness, etc...).
Personally, I would only stick to the desktop mode even if the other modes were working properly.

The only problem I have right now is that the fixed scale aspect ratio can not be selected with games that runs at 1600*1200.
The image is automatically streched and it is ugly.
This problem is only relevant for ATI video cards.

Back