updated firmware... connection drops and reconnects...

xFuryofFivex

[H]ard|Gawd
I updated the firmware on my router...i use a D-Link wireless Air-G DI-525 Rev. C1
i went from 3.20 to 3.23...and i was having connections problems... i figured it was the modem...so i fixed that part... now sometimes the connections drops then reconnects almost instantly. i only know this happened because instant messanger makes a ping noise when it gets dissconnected... i have pretty much the default router settings, except for the wireless, which i dont use but i configured for someone else.

anyone else getting a problem like this??? im not sure on how to fix it.

could it possibly be the shitty modem comcast gave me, they told me the motorola ones are good though i got a crappy white one

I have a DI-624 Rev.C with the newest 2.75 firmware and the router has been dropping and then very quickly reestablishing a connection with 2 different types of notebooks and wireless cards at our office. This only occurs when the wireless clients are connected, as the wired machines are not affected. Needless to say, it is very annoying when you are surfing something online and you go click a link and then firefox tells me that I don't have a connection or something when I just did. Obviously, I have to wait a sec or two until my wireless NIC obtains an IP, and then I'm off again.

Now, at home, my DGL-4300 was doing this for a brief period and the one thing that fixed it was after flashing to the lastest firmware, I did a hard reset to the router, resetup the settings on the router, and all was well. The Di-624, even after turning off all logging, disabling UPNP, trying all different security settings, you name it, the router still exhibits quick, annoying wireless drops and reconnects. I would beg to reason that it is a problem that is inherent with certain wireless routers and the hardware within those routers.

yeah my wireless and wired connections drop then connect almost immediately... if it wasnt for instant messanger i wouldnt know... also firefox loads pages slow, then fast...thinking the connection is going slow then going fast....

bump

i also notice my internet going really slow from time to time...anyone deal with the white and grey RCA modem... its a flat model

Back