l1ght's WaterCooled V600

L1ght

Gawd
Okay, New Pics!

Pardon the dust.

Okay, after a couple of weeks of work, and 2 motherboards later, I have my computer up and running again.

Some of you might have seen my watercooled Stacker. I did not like that case very much, and it was to big. So, I decided to move to a smaller case, the Lian Li PC-V600.

In this transition, I wanted to keep as many of my WC parts as possible.

Stackers WC specs

DD D5 Pump
MicroRes
120.3 BIP
Swiftech Storm
DD Maze 4 GPU
1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tygon

V600 WC specs

DDC Ultra + clear top thing
MicroRes
120.3 BIP
Swiftech Storm
DDj Maze 4 GPU
1/4" ID 3/8" OD Tygon(I love this stuff)

This is a lot to fit in such a small case, so where to start?

Performance-PCS did a great job with the 120x3 radgrill install. I have neither the tools nor the skill to do this, so I was happy they could.

After this, I started putting stuff together. Sorry, no pics of that. First leak test was a failure. Second was good. The computer ran 1 day, after that, nothing.

Here, I have to put in a disclaimer for the v600 + rad on top. ATX mobos will not fit comfortably. They rad was touching my bottom(top) pci slot, and blocked my front panel connectors. I had to bend them to get it to fit, which is why this mobo died, I think. As it would not turn on.

I then ordered a new mobo, the boistar tforce mATX 754 board. This fit much better. Got everything installed, leak tested, went to turn in it on, and got nothing on my moniter. Turns out my vid card was dead. Which is why you see it unplugged in these pictures.

3 crappy pictures is all I got with my sisters camera. Batteries died, and I can find any AA battteries in the house... I did not resize these yet, so links only right now. Later today I will get more batteries, more pictures, and resize them.

Hopefully this will make the million(3) people pming my for pics happy. :D

I like this case also..so I'm building with it..in black conroe E6600 for my son..
Nice work..please take some better pic's as you go..looking forward to see the end deal..

About the front panel wires: By how much did the radiator interfere? I was thinking of doing this exact same thing with a G50, which is 5mm wider overall, but if the front panel connectors are going to be blocked by the rad I might decide against it.

cool
i didnt think the rad was going to fit.
perhaps a gt stealth rad might fit since its thin but were are your fans going to go

most v1000 series cases are tight for mounting rads internally.
unless you put them on the bottom

good to see your progress

Kaldskryke said:
About the front panel wires: By how much did the radiator interfere? I was thinking of doing this exact same thing with a G50, which is 5mm wider overall, but if the front panel connectors are going to be blocked by the rad I might decide against it.
It interfered enough that i had to bend the connectors in order to get it to fit.

Sorry for the lack of updates or new pics. This has been a crazy week. Work has been exremely busy, had a couple of family get togetheres, and school just started. :eek:

More pics tommaro. i promise

Couldn't that top cut been put more towards the right side of the case instead of centered? It wouldn't mess with the mobo connectors then.

aburgard said:
Couldn't that top cut been put more towards the right side of the case instead of centered? It wouldn't mess with the mobo connectors then.
That would be ugly. My computer must be perfect, nothing less.

Going to take pics now. ;)

aburgard said:

L1ght said:
That would be ugly. My computer must be perfect, nothing less.

I actually wouldn't mind the off centre radiator one bit if it worked. L1ght, would it be possible to have the fans and rad mounted off-centre or would I be limited by the 5.25" bay walls? If so, do you think with a little dremel action it could be made possible?

Otherwise I might be mounting the rad externally :(

More Pics!
snip*

@ Kaldskryke: 5 1/2 bays are in the way, it is a close fit centered... Externally is going to be easiest if you want to use a ATX mobo.

Another option is to have the fans under the radiator, in a push position... I think the fans would clear the front panel connectors... hmmm

omg - how did i miss this thread?

good work on the v600. i'll be putting up a watercooled Lian-Li G50B worklog shortly.

more pics are always welcome :)

Newegg gave me $420 for my x1900. :D They didnt have the exact model i had before, so I was given the option to get a refund. :)

Now I gotta decide what card to get... Those 80 gig ipod's are tempting, so if I get a cheaper gpu i could put money toward that... :confused:

That case is NIIIIICE!!!! I just bought a G50 Black for my wife and she didnt like it, she said she wants a thermaltake she say in radioshack,lol. Im gonna keep the G50 for now until I can get the Lian-Li I want. I'll post some pics when I put some componets in.

Good job on the water-cooling.... :cool: :cool:

Thanks for all the replies. If you want pictures of anything is specific, just ask. :)

My X1950XTX is ordered. So I will have a real video card soon, hopefully. :D

could someone recommend a gpu water block to use with a 10mm tubing that can fit onto the x1950xtx ?

i've currently got a x800 with asetek water cooling which takes 10mm tubing- but i dont know if the current water block will fit onto the x1950xtx :(

L1ght does ur DD maze 4 use 10mm tubing?

and is 1/4" = 10mm ? i've found a few that say it comes with 1/4" - but i dont know if that equates to 10mm..

egraphix said:
could someone recommend a gpu water block to use with a 10mm tubing that can fit onto the x1950xtx ?

i've currently got a x800 with asetek water cooling which takes 10mm tubing- but i dont know if the current water block will fit onto the x1950xtx :(
10mm = = 0.393 inches

3/8 inches = 0.375 inches.

just look for any water block that can use 3/8 inch barbs (which is most all of them)

Erasmus354 said:
very nice, I'm just a little concerned about the mosfet and northbridge cooling.
Those 3 120mm yate loons are sucking air out of the case. I think that should be enough air flow...hopefully... No problems so far. Maybe I could flip the PSU around, then it would suck air from around the mosfets. We'll see. :)

Another V600 Tip: You will need to use 2 90* elbows for the cpu block, as the PSU is in the way.

I think flipping the PSU would definitely help. As it is the air probably isn't coming from around the mosfets, but going from the intake up and out, skipping the area blocked by the PSU almost entirely. If its not a problem then I guess its fine, but I think using the PSU to help out couldn't hurt. That is how the case was designed to work at least.

hi, just a question, does the original fans that is included in the case when u buy it sound much?

SnOof said:
hi, just a question, does the original fans that is included in the case when u buy it sound much?
Only one fan came with my V600. And I removed it. So I have no idea.

Man, this is exactly what I want. I just figured out that all matx conroe boards are going to suck for some time to come, so the V600 is the next best thing.

I'm worried about the fit, though, as matx isn't an option for me. This may be a dumb question, are those 25mm or 38mm wide fans? So the motherboard wouldn't fit with the rad and fans mounted, or you just couldn't attach the front headers?

Edit: Would a double (120.2) have the same problem? Which section of the radiator blocks the headers? I'd be plenty happy with a 120.2 in top, then if I needed to I could add a radbox with a PA160 in back later.

jvrobert said:
Man, this is exactly what I want. I just figured out that all matx conroe boards are going to suck for some time to come, so the V600 is the next best thing.

I'm worried about the fit, though, as matx isn't an option for me. This may be a dumb question, are those 25mm or 38mm wide fans? So the motherboard wouldn't fit with the rad and fans mounted, or you just couldn't attach the front headers?

Edit: Would a double (120.2) have the same problem? Which section of the radiator blocks the headers? I'd be plenty happy with a 120.2 in top, then if I needed to I could add a radbox with a PA160 in back later.
Mounting the fans in a push position under the rad "might" leave enough enough space for the front panel connectors. I am not sure. It would be close. I could not attach the front headers, the mobo fit fine.

I have a couple pics comparing this case to a microfly, they are much closer in size then you would think. If fact, I prefer the shape of this case to the microfly, it is more portable, and easier to hold. Just ask if you want to see them.

Hey L1ght, you think you could just fire away with your camera. Any shots, all shots, just show off what you've done. Maybe even pictures of an ATX vs. a mATX mobo. Or what you have planned. Maybe this should be moved to the worklogs section?

crazjayz said:
Hey L1ght, you think you could just fire away with your camera. Any shots, all shots, just show off what you've done. Maybe even pictures of an ATX vs. a mATX mobo. Or what you have planned. Maybe this should be moved to the worklogs section?

+1 for more pics

crazjayz said:
Any specifics? I have no pictures of the atx mobo in place, and have no reason to put it back in. Right now I am happy to have a computer up and running, and I still have not hooked my x1950xtx up to my gpu block.

Wiring is the only thing I want to change, any suggestions? I'll be posting in the wire management thread soon.

Another Question: What would YOU change in my pc, to make it better? Im looking for small, easy improvements.

Thanks all, for keep my thread on the first page. Im closing in on 3000 views. :D

L1ght said:
Any specifics? I have no pictures of the atx mobo in place, and have no reason to put it back in. Right now I am happy to have a computer up and running, and I still have not hooked my x1950xtx up to my gpu block.

Wiring is the only thing I want to change, any suggestions? I'll be posting in the wire management thread soon.

Another Question: What would YOU change in my pc, to make it better? Im looking for small, easy improvements.

Thanks all, for keep my thread on the first page. Im closing in on 3000 views. :D
dood - i sent you a pm a while ago requesting pics !!!!!

how bout a side shot

You should just take more updated pics. In the one's you have here, the cpu block, or some sort of block, isn't even attached to anything. Update us on the status of your system, and we'll let you know what we think. As of right now, wire management may be a priority.

stormshadow said:
dood - i sent you a pm a while ago requesting pics !!!!!

how bout a side shot
I already have a side shot posted. Here it is again.

I wont be doing anything for a week and a half at least, I'm going to Florida!

snip*

How bout this?:
Flip the radiator around, make it a 2x120 mm rad, MDVA in the front (right initials?), and a conroe board with the fans pushing. Hopefully you can clear the pin headers then AND run a Conroe! Plus it would look cool with the MDVA. I want one........ Hope to get my conroe soon.

brasherman said:
How bout this?:
Flip the radiator around, make it a 2x120 mm rad, MDVA in the front (right initials?), and a conroe board with the fans pushing. Hopefully you can clear the pin headers then AND run a Conroe! Plus it would look cool with the MDVA. I want one........ Hope to get my conroe soon.
Whoa. Unfortunately I wont be making any major hardware changes in the near and distant future. Not because I don't have the money, I just see no need to.

What is a MDVA? Sounds interesting, I'll try to figure it out.

Back