Seagate 320GB 7200.10 $95 shipped, WD refurb WD3200SD $70 shipped

Nathan0490 said:
dont forget $5 off code on the seagate - buybarracuda

Crap...I bought one of these Monday and still liked the deal. Oh well... :p

whats the warrenty like on the refurb'd one? I cant find the info on newegg:(

Mr. Bill said:
whats the warrenty like on the refurb'd one? I cant find the info on newegg:(

Get the seagate for $20 more, its way faster(got prt and its 7200.10) plus its not refurbed, u get a 5 yr warrenty.

ps warrenty would be 15-30 days on refurbed hd.

snap... Im after big storage, not anything fast, just stuff to hold music and images.

Although I bet its as fast as my raided 80gig hitachis

I bet their quite faster than your 80GB's.

drivessk7.jpg

Source

Second RAID5 here I come... Picked up 3 of the WD3200SD drivesNeed more space to keep ripping my DVDs.

I am liking my seagate 320gb 7200.10, it is about 10mbps faster than my seagate .7 series sata drive according to hd tach.

sschkade said:
Just bought another Seagate 320GB 7200.10... $89.99 shipped. I already bought one ~4 months ago..

Someone fill me in, I see it for only 95 dollars. I heard someone mention a code, whats the code? Thanks.

EDIT, nevermind I see it.

That is a great deal on the seagate, but there is still no way to make it quieter. It will be very loud during seek operations

Got my 3x WD3200SDs this morning at work. A warranty check on the serials says that they're all 'warranty void'. Guess these don't come with one even though they're recertified?

Volkum said:
Got my 3x WD3200SDs this morning at work. A warranty check on the serials says that they're all 'warranty void'. Guess these don't come with one even though they're recertified?

Thanks for letting us know!

even though the promo code didnt work, ordered the seagate, seems like a good price for 320gig esp since everywhere the prices have went back up on hds..

Did anybody else order the WD3200SD drives? Is there really no warranty? That seems kinda fishy :-(

Back