Possible Nforce570 and creative issue again?

skindogg

Limp Gawd
So I just upgraded to the P5NSLI and a E6400 from a X2 4400+ and A8N-SLI and now i'm having these crashing issues in games anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or so. My X2 setup was solid, never crashed. I'm suspecting a its creative drivers/bios issue. It's prime95 stable and memtest can run all day without an issue. I'm not OC'ed currently either. I've tried WoW and quake4 so far and both are crashing within an hour. CPU temp doesn't go over 51, MB temp is around 45.

I did have to manually set the ram voltage to 2.1 with the Corsair ram since auto didn't seem to give it enough, but it's been fine with memtest after that. I was wondering if anyone else had any issues with games with an x-fi and this board or maybe even any other Nforce570 board, not sure if there are any others currently.

Setup:
E6400
P5NSLI Nforce 570 SLI
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO
7800GTX
X-FI xtrememusic
150GB raptor
OCZ 520w ADJ
Plextor 716a

Have you set the onboard sound to disable? Auto is not sufficient.

yep onboard sound disabled, first bios change I do before installing windows.

turns out creative can't write drivers as usual. switched to youp-pax 3.33 drivers and now i'm golden. creative should fire their driver devs and hire these guys.

I just found your post.

I have pretty much the same stuff now:

E6300 on P5NSLI
2 x 1gb
2 x BFG 7800gtx
74gb Raptor w/ 16mb cache
600W Seasonic

My problem: Sounds is hosed.

2.1 seems ok SOMETIMES. When I try to put sound in 5.1 mode, it ALWAYS goes nuts.

I have horrible hissing in everything. After a bit, I get NO sound, and I have to uninstall and reinstall to get the hissing ( or anything ) again.

Oh and yes . . it would seem I have some serious stability issues now too!

Did you get everything resolved?

It's fine now, but i'm always in headphone mode. Never switched to 5.1. I'll try that when I get time this week.

Edit:Guess it doesn't matter too much, my DS3 is arriving tomorrow. :)

Hmm. You'd know if your 2.1 was screwed as well.

I'll look at the headphones.

Pretty unhappy right now. I'll try out the modded drivers and see what i get.

Yes, please try 5.1 for me. It doesnt' require speakers . . . just turn it on and see if it goes ape-kaka.

Thanks!

I have no issues with the X-FI and P5NSLI. I can game all day long in 5.1 or in headphone mode with no problems. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. It really sounds like the NF4 problem, which was hit or miss if you'd have it or not.

Shawn

skindogg said:
turns out creative can't write drivers as usual. switched to youp-pax 3.33 drivers and now i'm golden. creative should fire their driver devs and hire these guys.

QFT.

I changed mine to 5.1 before I took the board out and it worked fine, played some company of heroes and some music. However upon reboot, it BSOD'd, something about machine_check_exception or something like that. I could load safe mode fine, but couldn't change back to 2.1. I ended up having to pull the card out and then it booted normally. I don't know what to make of that.

Using a DS3 now so...

Back