How To Unlock Sli On Non-Sli Motherboards

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
I have read posts stating that you could obtain a capable running Sli mode from a non official MB. Is this true and what MB can do this? This is insane. If this is true then why would anyone want to wait for the 590 Sli board.

might have better luck posting in the video section.

A google of "SLI hack" brought up more stuff than I care to read.

Good luck tho, I am big fan of geting somethin for nuthin, :cool:

Thanks, but I dont think it is a "Hack". I read at Anandtech that there was official support for this to work, but they did not go into any details on how to make it work.

Sli can run on 975x boards using a hacked driver. The offical support is for mobile chipsets.

Hey Donar, have any idea where to obtain these hacked drivers? These are supposed to be official by now. Maybe they dont work well because if they did there would be a flood of posts on this forum.

i havent heard of sli running on any other 975 board other than the p5w dh. and it does run on the p5w (see sig). do a search on xs intel forums for "sli on p5w". its a hacked version of 84.37. last time i checked tho, the link was not working. and they are way too big to email.

Vanilla, what is xs, and why would you send me on a search if you already know what I am looking for? I am just looking for some help in getting an Sli rig going now with anything other than the Asus board. I have a E6600 along with 2 beefy VC burning a damn hole on my desk.

xs is xtremesystems.com . i am sending you on a search to get the modified drivers to get your sli running because thats what you asked "i need help to get my sli running" and since all you have to goddamn do is download and install the drivers i figured the best way to do this would be to tell you how and where to get the drivers because drivers files are 37mb too big to email or pm and i know you are just looking for some help i was just trying to give you some help you asked where to get the drivers i told you where to get the drivers "do a search on xs" as i no longer have the link.

#1 retail 6600
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1075792

Not to mention no Quad SLI support :( I want to get my rig up and running but the motherboard selection absolutely blows.

vanilla_guerilla said:
i havent heard of sli running on any other 975 board other than the p5w dh.
coolaler says it works on abit AW9D too.

jAkUp said:
Not to mention no Quad SLI support :( I want to get my rig up and running but the motherboard selection absolutely blows.

Yeh wtf, i am sitting here with a 6600 and no fucking Quad boards. I now I hear the 590 board is going to suck until an October revision. FUcking digital crack, i should have stuck with my 4800 rig

Hey Rogue, that is awesome! I think you are one of the first to post a screenshot like that. Very, very impressive. Do these drivers work without a motherboard modification and do you just install them like all other drivers and BAM!!!, Sli. ? Are they stable and all? Now this thread is getting real interesting. Thanks.

MelonSplitter said:
Hey Rogue, that is awesome! I think you are one of the first to post a screenshot like that. Very, very impressive. Do these drivers work without a motherboard modification and do you just install them like all other drivers and BAM!!!, Sli. ? Are they stable and all? Now this thread is getting real interesting. Thanks.

Thanks for the props, I think their are lots of other people running the same setup though. As far as installing the drivers go, yes it's the same. Install them and "Bam" (lol) SLI. They are just as stable as any other driver I've used. I have no problem with Gaming. No motherboard mods either.

good enough. the more 975 boards that can do this, the sooner we will get official support.
to get it up on the 965 boards (p5b so far) you just have to install drivers. but you get 16/4 sli. which may not make such a big diff.

Back