Overkill cooling solution?

Soyo13

Gawd
Sure this isnt Vaporchill or LN2 but I'm fairly sure this qualify as extreme cooling. :D

IMG_1649-1.jpg

IMG_1650-1.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

Just curious, what are your temps before and after you, um installed, that blower? Can you duct it to blow right trough your cpu cooler fins?

Bloodgod42 said:
Just curious, what are your temps before and after you, um installed, that blower? Can you duct it to blow right trough your cpu cooler fins?

I bet that if he tries it, it will break the heatsink right off the motherboard. He should just go ahead and do direct die air cooling. :D

Yeah he's right it would break the fins on the heatsink. 2400 CFM is a lot air blowing :eek:

Unforturately I dont have the blower anymore. It was mainly for the flood I had in my apt when the ac and pluming broke and the floor dried quickly so I tried using the blolwer front of the computer. It helped drop couple degree but not worth puting up with the size of that blower.

Get that blower back and remove your heatsink and pop the top off your CPU and give us some direct die air cooling numbers...inquiring minds want to know! :D

Direct die air would be useless (not enough transfer surface area), but what would be omega powerful is a heatsink large enough to span the opening of the blower. Holy hell that would be cold :eek:

Emission said:
Direct die air would be useless (not enough transfer surface area), but what would be omega powerful is a heatsink large enough to span the opening of the blower. Holy hell that would be cold :eek:
It wouldn't be colder than the ambient temperature I would think....and nothing compared to chilled water cooling.

Emission said:

I will lay the sarcasim on a little thicker next time :D

Would be fun to do that but it would most defiantly damage my computer. The air pressure would be far too harsh.

As for the Icons.. the desktop is 100% icon free so.. no worries. ;)

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
It wouldn't be colder than the ambient temperature I would think....and nothing compared to chilled water cooling.

You are right, you can not cool below ambient with just air no matter how much you have in most cases.

cre8chaos said:
You are right, you can not cool below ambient with just air no matter how much you have in most cases.

Lies! I will SURELY hit sub-ambient with my upcoming air cooling solution!

Jet%20Engine.JPG

Actually that turbine engine would melt your computer. It don't blow out air.. it blow out HOT air. :rolleyes:

He basically just wants the turbine, meaning the motor and the fins. If you can get a motor powerful enough to spin the turbine you could get some serious numbers. :D

I once ducted a box fan to my case, the fan didnt stand a chance and burned out the first day.

Must of been because i used a cardboard shroud to reduce it to a dryer hose going across the room and onto the cpu.

Back