SLI for Intel 85.96_Mod

Rogue

[H]ard|Gawd
Found the link for the 85.96_modded drivers. They work with no problems.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1444

sliww7.png

I will most likely loose all video unless there is somehtin got accomodate teh 7950

rejected, the version is too hold, i need a 9 series beta

I do not know , what i do know is it does not work on 7950

jacuzz1 said:
I will most likely loose all video unless there is somehtin got accomodate teh 7950

I don't know that you can use them. Theoretically you can alter some of the inf files and it should work, but Quad SLI would be right out of the quesiton more than likely.

Dan_D said:
I don't know that you can use them. Theoretically you can alter some of the inf files and it should work, but Quad SLI would be right out of the quesiton more than likely.

QFT They dont work on 7950's Quad SLI.

jacuzz1 said:

What about this:
Rogue said:
The ASUS’ P5N32-SLI SE Supports the 7950's and Conroe.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_core_2_sli_performance/

"Right now, ASUS’ P5N32-SLI SE is the only game in town if you want Core 2 support with SLI. In fact, the motherboard even supports NVIDIA’s Quad SLI technology with the GeForce 7950 GX2.Armed with this motherboard and a pair of GeForce 7900 GTX graphics cards, we were eager to see how well Intel’s new Core 2 CPUs performed on this platform. We were particularly eager to see how it compared to NVIDIA’s AM2-based nForce 590 SLI chipset for AMD Athlon 64 processors."

hey guys, I got a question. I've installed the driver from the URL, say FW 85.96_mod, successfully. But I cant find any SLI option in the control panel. :mad: I checked the pic you showed, it's supposed to be an "SLI multi-GPU" option under the "Performance&Quality setting" option, but I find no "SLI multi-GPU" option. what's wrong with it? is the driver version wrong or sth?

What Motherboard are you using? Which Video Cards Are you using? Are they the same?
And last, do you have a SLI Bridge across the Video cards?

The Doc said:
I may have to try that with an ECS P965T-A.

it's probably not going to work on any 965-based boards since 965 apparently does not support peer-to-peer writes.

Rogue said:
What about this:[/COLOR]

While this is a valid choice for Conroe and SLI, it doesn't overclock very well. This leaves anyone who wants to drop in an E6300 and OC it to 3GHz+ out of luck.

aliensayshi said:
hey guys, I got a question. I've installed the driver from the URL, say FW 85.96_mod, successfully. But I cant find any SLI option in the control panel. :mad: I checked the pic you showed, it's supposed to be an "SLI multi-GPU" option under the "Performance&Quality setting" option, but I find no "SLI multi-GPU" option. what's wrong with it? is the driver version wrong or sth?

What motherboard are you using? If it has a 965P chipset or some other chipset that doesn't support dual video cards in any way, you are out of luck. The PCI-Express x16 slots need to have a 8x8 configuration or a 16x16 configuration for SLI/Crossfire to work.

Many boards like the ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP only support x1 or x4 speeds out of the second PCIe x16 slot. So while the second slot physically looks the same, the electrical signaling of that slot isn't compatible for SLI use.

Dan_D said:
What motherboard are you using? If it has a 965P chipset or some other chipset that doesn't support dual video cards in any way, you are out of luck. The PCI-Express x16 slots need to have a 8x8 configuration or a 16x16 configuration for SLI/Crossfire to work.

Many boards like the ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP only support x1 or x4 speeds out of the second PCIe x16 slot. So while the second slot physically looks the same, the electrical signaling of that slot isn't compatible for SLI use.

it's not even anything to do with the lane configurations, it's that some chips do not support the peer-to-peer writes protocol that is needed for crossfire and sli. For example, 955x can run crossfire but it runs a 16x/4x configuration, but it support peer to peer writes so it still works.

Back