Is the 2007WFP guaranteed to have IPS panel?

Whipsmack

Gawd
I hear that they made IPS panels and TN panels of the same model. How do I know i'll get the good IPS panel?

Thanks! And the 2007 is fine for gaming right?

It's because of your question. I've never heard of a TN panel being used on a 2007wfp. Who told you that?

i believe every 2007wfp is s-ips for now...

if someone has pva, please give us info

The 2007WFP will have the S-IPS panel....the 2007FP (non-widescreen) is the model with the panel lottery.

joemama said:
The 2007WFP will have the S-IPS panel....the 2007FP (non-widescreen) is the model with the panel lottery.

yep, as said above. The 2007WFP (widescreen) uses an S-IPS panel but has been known to use one of two different varieties from LG.Philips (LM201W01 or LM201WE2). However, most stock appears to be the LM201W01 edition.

The 2007FP (4:3 format) screen can come with either a 20" LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201U04) or Samsung S-PVA (LTM201U1) panel

panel checking available here btw :)

Except that TFT central is based on user/media reporting and is occasionally wrong.

LM201WE2 was mentioned on Behardware as a possible panel type, but none have ever been seen in the hands of users/testers.

2007fp was initially all S-IPS then later seems to have switched to all PVA with a few S-IPS stragling through the system. So odds of S-IPS are low.

As far as guarantee. There is no such thing with dell. So far so good with the widescreen version. I wouldn't bet my life that that tomorrow it won't be PVA. Dell trustworthiness in action. Random panel types.

i'd agree i've not seen any user reports of the 2007WFP using the LM201WE2 panel so I'd agree you are far more likely to get the LM201W01 version. TFT Central, like any site with such a massive database is bound to have a few errors and amendments, especially when manufacturers keep changing things around! ;)

Back