X1950 to come in AGP

loafer87gt

Limp Gawd
Good news for AGP based systems looking for an upgrade path before making the jump to PCI-E / DX10. Diamond has announced it will be releasing the X1950Pro in AGP form for an estimated price of $199US.

http://neoseeker.com/news/story/6130/

I would be curious to see how this card stacks up against other high end AGP solutions like Gainwards 7800GS + .

damn if this is for real, i'm going to have to find someone to buy my 7600 GT AGP...

How fast do you guys think a x1950 PRO will stack up to ATI's other cards? It shouldn't be anywhere the speed of a x1900xt due to the $199 AGP pricetag right?

I wouldnt get my hopes up. It looked like Diamond would bring out an AGP card last time, look how that turned out.

I wouldnt be suprised if this is indeed another typo

Also How good are Diamond Cards anyway?

Techspot News

NeoSeeker

Extreme Tech

At first I dismissed this as a typo or something but seeing 3 different websites, post similar findings made me think this worth bringing up.

Also I've heard that the x1950AGP version would retail somewhere near $200 US. Also seems somewhat hard to believe, unless this is what ATI AGP users are looking for, a decent card, that is actually worth upgrading to (Unlike the x1600's)

Anyway, what do you guys think... I dunno about Diamond cards for one... but the ability to have SM 3.0 support is kinda sweet.
Also... My thoughts are these cards are gonna need some serious power... Perhaps my 460Watt from Tisonic wont be able to cover it.

Sup fellas

Diamond's Official Release

I just checked out their actual website, and press release, and could not find a mention of the X1950pro agp anywhere.

I thought as much, but it was a nice thought to hold onto.

I did send them a support ticket regarding this rumour, so I will post the OFFICIAL findings when they reply to me.

Later
Brian fellows

fellows said:
Sup fellas

Diamond's Official Release

I just checked out their actual website, and press release, and could not find a mention of the X1950pro agp anywhere.
The X1950 Pro agp was in that press release allright. But they edited it and now it has disappeared. Second time that DiamondMM made this kind of goof up

The vidcard/mobo makers must HATE this, AGP is supposed to be DEAD and it just won't DIE...

AGP wont be dead for awhile , they are dead in gamers consumation..

Thus, I thought it was X1950XTX AGP ? not PRO

With the number of people still holding on to their AGP machines, I don't know why more card manufacturers like Leadtek and Gainward don't capitalize on that market more often. With a simple PCB and bridge chip and $30 to $100 markup (depending on the card), they would sell like hotcakes.

Boo-Yeah! Screw you market, now I don't have to upgrade for another few years.

P4 3.2C @ 3.6, 2GB RAM, and a X1950 AGP...mmm, yes, I smell 800x600 with full eye candy for a ways to come.

AGP isn't dead yet but for high end gaming it's abandoned.
The funniest thing the other day...
Fry's electronics had an E6300 with ecs 775 mb combo for like $179.
But the mb only had agp no pci-e 16 ! :rolleyes:

egraphix said:
and here i was thinking it was the end of agp. :)
The video card companies know the market for AGP is still there (and it is a LARGE market), they just want to squeeze profit out of PCIe first, then release the AGP cards.

With regards to the x1950, this is a good sign, but it's still a hard choice for me, either get another new motherboard for PCIe and get an x1900 XT (or maybe AIW), or stick with my AGP mobo and get one of these...

Choices, choices, choices :p

I still really doubt this is going to happen.

Sounds like to me Diamond accidentally put the notice about AGP models in their X1950 press release when they meant to put it in their X1650 press release.

PWMK2 said:
I still really doubt this is going to happen.

Sounds like to me Diamond accidentally put the notice about AGP models in their X1950 press release when they meant to put it in their X1650 press release.

QFT

Hold on one second guys, I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. AGP may not be dead, but I seriously doubt we will see any cards that surpass the Gainward Bliss, and for ati users the lame x1600, now x1650pro agp.

The comment was made that Diamond retracted the statement about the x1950agp, so I dunno if it's gonna happen. Also I doubt a x1950XTX will come out in AGP format, if it does I'll buy a bear (yes a bear, not a beer) for anyone who can show me that.

Tzzird said:
damn if this is for real, i'm going to have to find someone to buy my 7600 GT AGP...

How fast do you guys think a x1950 PRO will stack up to ATI's other cards? It shouldn't be anywhere the speed of a x1900xt due to the $199 AGP pricetag right?
Hold the phone there my 76GT brother lets wait and see the x1950pro in stores before we start the sell off. I mean the 76GT agp rumors started 6-7 months before we got our cards. If this card exists at all but doesn't show up until Q2 2007 I'd be close enough to my Kenstfield window to ignore it.

If however this shows up before Christmas I bet I could find some poor soul to give me $150 for my 76GT :p

djBon2112 said:
The video card companies know the market for AGP is still there (and it is a LARGE market), they just want to squeeze profit out of PCIe first, then release the AGP cards.
Looks over at his 7600GT [agp] yup they milked me again ;)

Back