2007WFP starts using S-PVA?

ahsham

n00b
can anyone confirm this?
I read it somewhere, but don't know if it is true.

I havent seen anyone saying they have a S-PVA 2007WFP. Please provide a link.

I have seen people saying they have a S-PVA 2007FP. Non-widescreen.

I just got my 2007wfp a few days ago. Definitely an s-ips. Also brand new, no signs of it being refurbished or anything. Very pleased with it.

joemama said:
Since I can't even begin to read that I'll take your word for it. :p The screen shot of the service menu is pretty convincing though..

Well that would suck. Another panel lottery. This is how I remember it starting for the 2007fp. I had one order and saw a report from China that they had a model with PVA. And what did I get PVA. Grrrrr! Up until that point they were all S-IPS.

i got my 2007WFP yesterday, says it was made in china ver/ A02
How can i check to see what i got?

Cold Dark Shadow said:
i got my 2007WFP yesterday, says it was made in china ver/ A02
How can i check to see what i got?

To enter the service menu for 2007WFP/FP:
1. Turn off the monitor, hold 'menu ' and '+' buttons at the same time while turning it on.
2. After the power is on, let go of the 2 buttons and then press the '-' button.

LG.Philips S-IPS panel should be LM201xxx
Samsung S-PVA panel should be LTM201xx
where x represents different digits/letters.

For instance => SAM WSXGA LTM201M1 means Samsung S-PVA

ahsham said:
To enter the service menu for 2007WFP/FP:
1. Turn off the monitor, hold 'menu ' and '+' buttons at the same time while turning it on.
2. After the power is on, let go of the 2 buttons and then press the '-' button.

LG.Philips S-IPS panel should be LM201xxx
Samsung S-PVA panel should be LTM201xx
where x represents different digits/letters.

For instance => SAM WSXGA LTM201M1 means Samsung S-PVA

Thanks, i got the LG.Philips S-IPS panel should be LM201xxx

IVe only had this thing for a couple days now and it hasnt been on all the time and it says that its got 51 hours oni t already? do they test run these before shipping or something? Cuz i know i havent had this on for anywhere near that

Cold Dark Shadow said:
Thanks, i got the LG.Philips S-IPS panel should be LM201xxx

IVe only had this thing for a couple days now and it hasnt been on all the time and it says that its got 51 hours oni t already? do they test run these before shipping or something? Cuz i know i havent had this on for anywhere near that

Time Used on Dell Monitors is actually based on how long your computer is on while your LCD is hooked up to it. So even though your monitor is turned off, it still calculates it into the Time Used. Technically speaking, any Monitor/TV that is plugged into an outlet is actually on even though it's not displaying anything.

TheYoshi said:
Time Used on Dell Monitors is actually based on how long your computer is on while your LCD is hooked up to it. So even though your monitor is turned off, it still calculates it into the Time Used. Technically speaking, any Monitor/TV that is plugged into an outlet is actually on even though it's not displaying anything.

Ahh, i see, thanks :)

I ordered one today, should arrive early next week I'll confirm a S-IPS panel when I get it (hopefully! ;) )

Hello!

I can confirm this!

2 weeks ago recieved a 2007wfp A02 with the lg.philips lm201W01 (s-ips) . It had a couple of dead pixels on arrival, so dell agreed to send me a replacement. Received the replacement this morning, A02 also, no dead pixels but the panel is changed to a Samsung S-PVA LTM201M1. Damn! I have them both side by side right now! and definitly a colour difference. Had to run off to work, will run more tests tonight. I will try to borrow a camera to take some shots of the 2 service menus to show everyone here..this just sucks!!!

BTW, both lcds are A02 Made in China and i live in Malaysia.

firestartar said:
Hello!

I can confirm this!

2 weeks ago recieved a 2007wfp A02 with the lg.philips lm201W01 (s-ips) . It had a couple of dead pixels on arrival, so dell agreed to send me a replacement. Received the replacement this morning, A02 also, no dead pixels but the panel is changed to a Samsung S-PVA LTM201M1. Damn! I have them both side by side right now! and definitly a colour difference. Had to run off to work, will run more tests tonight. I will try to borrow a camera to take some shots of the 2 service menus to show everyone here..this just sucks!!!

BTW, both lcds are A02 Made in China and i live in Malaysia.
try calling dell and telling them that there is still a problem since colors are not consistent between the two panels. This may or may not be enough for them to do another return.

Yeah..started the process with dell already. Had this problem before with a couple of 1907fp's i had where some had the samsung panel and others had the auo. Anyway, the replacement i got today has some bracket inside the panel thats come off and moving around. Obviously not screwed properly, i can see its edge through the vents at the back and am asking them to replace bcos of this..

I have to say, while the monitors are awesome, Dell's quality control is way down in the drains..and its really a luck of the draw when it comes to getting good stuff from them.

Cheers

Here are my shots..

Left monitor is the sips, right is replacement spva..and shots of both service menus.

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=012007wfpspvaxk2.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=022007wfpsipsdr7.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=032007wfpx2tb7.jpg

I have to say that the spva has better backlight, sips has bleeding on bottom left, colour wise they are very close and both awesome. Banding? yes both of them have minor banding and both are A02s. Viewing engles are same on both.

Cheers.

Yikes! What is up with the horrible banding on the S-IPS panel service menu in the second pic?? That looks awful!

firestartar said:
Here are my shots..
Viewing engles are same on both.

In your opinion. I can see the off angle washout starting on your PVA panel starting already in that picture. You are just not very sensitive to it. But it is clearly standard PVA washout.

Scyles, that is not banding. It is moire a reaction between the panel grid and the digicam grid. Happens on all panel types and moving the camer an inch will change it. It could just have easily turned out the other way.

The main problem with PVA is the insidious input lag issue. Not to mention worse colors and viewing angles. This is sad news for those who were thinking of buying Dell.

firestartar said:
Here are my shots..

Left monitor is the sips, right is replacement spva..and shots of both service menus.

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=012007wfpspvaxk2.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=022007wfpsipsdr7.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=032007wfpx2tb7.jpg

I have to say that the spva has better backlight, sips has bleeding on bottom left, colour wise they are very close and both awesome. Banding? yes both of them have minor banding and both are A02s. Viewing engles are same on both.

Cheers.

I like your curtains.:)

I think it's obvious the one on left looks better look at green moutians... looks washed out on right (PVA?) look at water, looks white and faded on PVA while blue on SIPS....course all could be camera artifacts.

FitzRoy said:
The main problem with PVA is the insidious input lag issue. Not to mention worse colors and viewing angles. This is sad news for those who were thinking of buying Dell.

Someone said Dell gets worse grade panels too (explaining his back light bleed and notorius 2005 back light bleed where some went though 4 before getting one w/o bleed) Also I question Dells electronics now when he discribes banding.. there is no reason either of these 8bit monitors should be banding as thier panel is up to it.

May have to stop recommending dell.. My 2005 was perfect but that does'nt seem refelctive of whats going on anymore.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Yes colour and viewing angles are definitly different between the 2, but still extremely good compared to my old suck-ass tn 1907fp panel..

I find whites and greens to be much better on the sips, reds richer on the spva. Anyway, my eyes may not be as sensitive as you guys, im a sound engineer..heh

Its very sad that i have to return the sips. It has 3 dead pixels! I have tried all the so called fixes for stuck/dead pixels, 2 are completely dead, 1 when pressed hard will be ok for several hours. The replacement spva while not as good colours has perfect backlighting ie no bleeding, the sips was bleeding badly bottom left. Sigh!

That curtain is ages old.. ;)

Anyway..this was just to confirm that dell's 2007wfp now uses spva panels.. :mad:

Sigh..

Ivan® said:
Snowdog, which monitor did you get in the end?

A 21" trinitron and 1707fp just to get used to LCD, while I search for a decent S-IPS.

So I just got my 2007wfp (ordered Monday at 1pm lol!). I received a S-IPS panel thankfully. I live in Cleveland and my panel was shipped out of the Nashville warehouse. Here's the service menu: http://filer.case.edu/jxm178/pics/netUpload/dell2007wfp.JPG (excuse the shakiness of the pic)

As a side note, I'm amazed how much more colorful and vibrant the screen is compared to my 2 year old Samsung 193P. Also ghosting is a thing of the past as far as I'm concerned as I can't get it to ghost in any game no matter how close I look. :p Chalk that up to 2 yrs spent gaming on a 20ms PVA panel I guess. ;)

Got mine today LM201W01 sorry pic is crappy.
From what i've read
If you think you are dreaming and you already have your hand on your wallet, here is the cold shower: The monitor we have received was equipped with a LM201W01 panel that was already found in the previous 2005FPW. It is, however, a newer version. The reference is the same but it has been improved. Afterglow is less visible and standard color quality has been corrected. Unfortunately the reaction time isn’t as good as the NEC 20WGX²

Haven't had much time to test it, dvd playback was great whilst i had my tea;).
Will just have to see where the responce time is.

Varmint said:
Is this why the Dell is down to $339 now?
Don't even mention it. :mad: :mad: :mad: I just bought mine Monday and then it dropped $40. Anyone know of anyway I could possibly get the difference refunded to me? I wouldn't imagine Dell has a priceback policy, but a guy can hope. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if the 2007FWP support the blu-ray / etc ? The HDCP whatever it is...i would assume no?

the@ntipop said:
Don't even mention it. :mad: :mad: :mad: I just bought mine Monday and then it dropped $40. Anyone know of anyway I could possibly get the difference refunded to me? I wouldn't imagine Dell has a priceback policy, but a guy can hope. :rolleyes:

lol im in the same boat
Wonder if they would being its a fairly new purchase?

I bit on the 2007WFP yesterday for $345.53 shipped (20% off coupon). If it comes to me as a PVA panel I will immediately return for a refund unless they can guarantee an S-IPS exchange. I already have an Acer F-20 that I love but the price was too good to pass up...can't wait to compare the two monitors. I recently sold an old BenQ 20" lcd which helped pay for half the Dell so I'm not too worried about being out too much money..

Doesn't the Acer F20 have the same S-IPS screen as the Dell 2007wfp (if you get the S-IPS version)?

Should be fairly similar, though I think your Acer is Glossy?

Back