Free 512 MB USB Drive

Lethal

ViragoAdmin Emeritus
http://www.sunusb.com/freeusb.html

Saw this over at fatwallet and thought I'd share. Doesn't ask for a company name, phone or email. :)

Hope I get it, my sansdisk 512 died a couple weeks ago.

I got a razor and some "powered by Ubuntu" case badges via Free Stuff.

Thanks Lethal

I know I'll get some snail-mail, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Thanks.

whiteboy said:
lol, I got free gum the other day (6 months after the fact) making my avg 1/300
Hah! I got some free Skittle's once. Much better than any gum.;)

But that is also about 1/300.:p

A 512 MB USB drive (free) would be nice, tho...

All I've ever wanted from the free forum were some of the AMD dual core shirts. I've never gotten one to this day :(

Thanks OP, signed up for a free USB stick. If I get one, anyone wanna trade me for a large AMD Dual core shirt? :p

THANK YOU!

Your request for a free 512 MB USB has been received. We will send them out on a first come first served basis while supplies last.

Well, looks like lethal and 133 might get one....maaaaaybe even sevenwords...

Thanks for the link lethal

I bit.

I'm 1/3. Never got any of the other flash drives I've sent for, but I did get a free tree :D

Hope you guys used a garbage e-mail address:

Trying to fill in the contact us form or the order form results in a 404:

The requested URL /contact/use/orderform/process.php was not found on this server.

Also, there is no toll-free number listed on their site even though that's the only way to order from them. And the site has only been up for 8 days...

I'm going to pass on this one, but good luck to anyone who filled it out.

Edit: also... google ads on a company website?

ok...look at the Company information....specifcally..

Sun USB continues to expand into new sales arenas and by fiscal 2007 project sales should surpass $2 million. Today, Sun USB and it's more than 200 employees are dedicated to providing consumers with expert service and offer the latest digital storage products including a wide selection of brand-named software and hardware storage devices.

if they make 2,000,000 in sales this year...and have 200 employees...that means that on average...each employee makes $10,000 a year. Must be a great place to work.

oh...and they supposedly started in 1992....but the usb 1.0 standard wasn't released until 1996. They really were thinking ahead of their time with that name.

Last time there was a free offer for a 128MB usb stick, it didn't go through. I guess it can't hurt to try again though.

To all the naysayers, I say get over it.

Frankly, a lot of this allegedly "free stuff" never seems to happen. Or it takes forever to arrive.

"Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances."

Since it doesn't cost to try, then it's a bonus if it does show up eventually, like Christmas in the mail when you get something you totally forgot about or gave up on. :)

Got a neat shirt the other day and said, "Woah! Where'd this come from?" :D

bearax said:

if they make 2,000,000 in sales this year...and have 200 employees...that means that on average...each employee makes $10,000 a year. Must be a great place to work.

oh...and they supposedly started in 1992....but the usb 1.0 standard wasn't released until 1996. They really were thinking ahead of their time with that name.

rofl :rolleyes: nice catch

Well, filled it out, hope I get one. Nothing like a spare USB drive for a small linux distro :p

Well...I've never received the free thumb drives, but couldn't hurt to try again.

THANK YOU!

Your request for a free 512 MB USB has been received. We will send them out on a first come first served basis while supplies last.

QM

Thanks, we will see it they actually send it out...

bearax said:

Sun USB continues to expand into new sales arenas and by fiscal 2007 project sales should surpass $2 million. Today, Sun USB and it's more than 200 employees are dedicated to providing consumers with expert service and offer the latest digital storage products including a wide selection of brand-named software and hardware storage devices.

:confused:

1) The 200 employees aren't necessarily full-time. They may be using some very liberal counting and only have 40 full-time employees and a bunch of manufacturing or sales guys who only work occasionally.
2) They could have very well posted a significant loss for the past year.
3) The company probably wasn't named SunUSB in 1992. Companies change names all the time.

Me and the lucky guy who happened to be sitting next to me at my school's computer lab are both in for one
biggrin.gif

Lets hope this one actualy goes through...I didn't even get the free 64mb one Microsoft had out a while back...

kumquat said:
:confused:

1) The 200 employees aren't necessarily full-time. They may be using some very liberal counting and only have 40 full-time employees and a bunch of manufacturing or sales guys who only work occasionally.
2) They could have very well posted a significant loss for the past year.
3) The company probably wasn't named SunUSB in 1992. Companies change names all the time.

my point was to simply point out some sketchy details. They don't provide a phone number, physical locations, or even a real product listing. If they started out as something else in 1992,...most companies would have put that in thier history.

I am all for rolling the dice and hoping for some useful free stuff, but I don't think its harmful to point out that from the details on thier webpage that they look less than reputable.

i got the shirt today, i came as a surprise to me.

i didn;t know waht it was until i dropped it and didn't hear anything shatter, hopefully i'll get a free usb drive.

Back