*First Mod* Water Cooled Lian-Li V300!!!

gr!m

Limp Gawd
OK, my DangerDen pump came with a VERY slow leak in it. AWESOMe! not...So I have decided to be wary with the WC for a while. I 48 hour leak tested and didn't even get anything then. Anyone interested in purchasing my modded case along with the water cooling kit, including the leaky pump which I did seal with aquarium sealant. You can get rid of the pump or fix it. All the equipment is danger den, the rad is a black ice II and the block is an RBX. The rad has a few scratched and the block is in mint condition. I'll include the modded windows and the originals with the original Lian-Li hardware. Although, I must say, one of the 5.25" bay covers I modded to be a stealth cover. If anyone is interested I am looking to get around $225 or best offer + shipping for it all.

This is my first real in depth mod, so don't judge me too harsh :). Also, this is not a work log of any sort so don't expect in depth detail into how I did everything although I will post as much as possible.

Pictures from start to finish:

naked_case.png

Oh! it's naked!
drive_bays.png

Painted gloss black drive bays, picture doesn't do it justice. (Note the killed 3.5" drive bay)

Note: A pop riveter can be your friend for only $15.
rad.png

Front mounted radiator, until I find something better, duct tape holds the power button on the case.
side_view.png

Everything in it's home. Danger Den MAG II-LE behind the rad. (not shown) 3.5" reservoir underneath my HD in the back.
teaser.png

Final product (excuse the blur)

Hand made side panels from impact acrylic made by myself. Etching done via a printed stencil and priffy frosted glass spray paint. (opposit side is a plain window for now. until I make a neat stencil for it.)

Enjoy. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

My coolant is PC Ice from Performance-PCs.com.

Water block: RBX
Rad: Dual 120mm Black Ice II
Pump: Danger Den MAG II-LE

I still need to order a small black light cold cathode because everything will have a nice ice blue glow to it.

Pretty easy. I used my dremel to remove the stock rivets then to put it back in I just put new rivets in with a $15 pop rivetter.

Rivets are the things that hold your case together. They look kind like screw that don't...erm..screw.

BTW, noticed your RAM seems to be in orange and green slots. Why not use dual-channel?

Heh I have it dual channel now. Just had it out of the way while i put in the tubing. Also it is a crap piece of Infineon OEM and Kingston ValuRAM. I just order a set of the Team Extreem Zeus DDR500 (1GB) If I like it's OCing ability I may pop for another gig.

*edit* I changed my order to the 2Gb PC4000 Team Extreem Cronus kit...decided on more Mhz over lower latency. Plus I do a bit of 3D/Graphic work so more RAM = Better.

I am happy to announce that I've been running this system steadily for about 5+ hours of use everday and my average temperatures are about 25C IDLE and around 32-34 (100% load) at a 900Mhz OC @ 1.7v core....not bad me thinks :D.

Nice work! Makes me want to post pictures of my modded V300. I clearanced the optical/floppy drive carrier to clear my SLI setup and altered the HD carrier to allow easy installation of the SLI connector. I opted to get the interior bits anodized black instead of painting. Also I used a 1/8" drill bit to take out the rivets - worked beutifully! Replacement rivets can be had from Graingers.

Nice, post some pics, I'd like to see ;). How much was it to get things anodized and where abouts can this be done? I was thinking instead of a window on the sides to use diamond plate but it is $35+ for a small sheet at Lowes.

Back