Dell 20.1" Widescreen. HDCP. 5ms --$289

Ocean

Supreme [H]ardness
New Budget Item, the Dell E207WFP, will launch 10/17/06

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4533
Daily Tech said:
"The new product garnering the most attention is the E207WFP 20.1-inch LCD monitor priced at a very attractive $289. Some corners had to be cut to achieve the price point, but those who do not make use of the USB hub, composite and S-Video inputs won't miss a thing. It still has all the important features like a 1680x1050 widescreen resolution, DVI with HDCP, and a 5ms response time. The E207WFP will be available for sale on Dell's website on Tuesday, October 17th.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/conversations/en/2006_10_12_fs?c=us&l=en&s=corp
Dell's Website said:
With a 5-millisecond response time, the Dell E207WFP widescreen flat-panel monitor is ideal for productivity and gaming applications as well as video and photo editing. The E207WFP redefines price/performance with features such as the latest DVI (Digital Video Interface) connector with HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) that helps enable viewing of protected high-definition content such as HD-format video. The E207WFP is available immediately worldwide and starts at $289.

Additional features include: 20.1-inch viewable image size
Maximum resolution of 1,680 x 1,050 (SXGA+)
Wide-aspect display helps improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. Users can also watch DVDs in native resolution and run multiple applications on the screen simultaneously
Tilt capability optimizes viewing comfort
Easy display detachment from stand enables panel to be wall-mounted
Three-year limited warranty

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_e207wfp?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
Very Large Image from Dell

...but then you remember that 289 is the retail, and nobody even remembers the last time Dell sold one of their monitors for retail...

I expect to see these things for less than $200 on Black Friday. I base that on nothing.

Affini said:
A 19" WS doesn't really compare to a 20" WS as far as I'm concerned.

As for the Sceptre, if the quality of their TVs says anything, that's not much of a value. Samsung already has a nice LCD around this price on the street.. the Dell should be a great deal as well.

there are coupons out there right now that bring this to $229 ;)

What about banding? I would love to pick up another 20in Dell (i love my 2005fwp) but i am very concerned about picture quality. The 2007's were lemons.

with the $289 price, you also get the 3 year warrenty just like all the other LCDs dell sells, so it really does balance it out. really thinking of getting one of theses, my X1900XT256 can handle 1680x1050 res right? mostly play cs:s, bf2, cod2, dod2, and FEAR.

sweet .. easy HD in the bedroom off my comcast hd pvr. Been looking for an excuse for a new monitor..

I too would like to know if there is much of a difference in terms of quality between this and the 2005fpw, which I currently have and absolutely love, I would love to get a 2nd 20".. but anyway, if anyone has more info on this, please feel free to reply :)

d94 said:
there are coupons out there right now that bring this to $229 ;)
Maybe when they release it but as of right now it isn't listed on their site.

I think I'd be in for this, I wonder if they will be discounted for business accounts?

Docmhz said:
I think I'd be in for this, I wonder if they will be discounted for business accounts?

Maybe one day, but probably not right away. What is good though, the prices of the older models (2007, 2407) seem to be dropping; maybe paying a bit more that this, you can get a few more connections and possibly a better panel (we're still not sure on this new panel).

Well, the 2007FPW's $340 shipped right now. I'm hovering over buy, but would like a bit more info on the new panel. They're different, right? I mean 5ms vs 16ms...that means TN, no?

EDIT: Anyone know why I'm being hit with tax in AZ?

KENNYB said:
What about banding? I would love to pick up another 20in Dell (i love my 2005fwp) but i am very concerned about picture quality. The 2007's were lemons.

This problem has been fixed for a while now. I might pick one of these.

I'm waiting to see what panel they put in it before I buy. I'm looking for an S-IPS but considering the price I'm betting it's a TN.

Well I just caved and pulled the trigger on the 2007. We'll see if I get the S-IPS.

Jodiuh said:
Well I just caved and pulled the trigger on the 2007. We'll see if I get the S-IPS.

so... I'm not up on the latest here. There is a chance of getting this better panel?

Retne said:
I'm waiting to see what panel they put in it before I buy. I'm looking for an S-IPS but considering the price I'm betting it's a TN.

S-IPS = LG ?

How are yall getting these? That model number does not show up on the dell site for me. Using E207WFP. When I do a search for it, all i get are articles.

I ordered the 2007, not the 207. Gotta have the height adjustment!

any word yet on which panel this(207) is, or where that coupon is that brings it to 229?

Light1984 said:
any word yet on which panel this(207) is, or where that coupon is that brings it to 229?

Buy a %20 off Ebay, I just got me one of these.

Or you could just search for coupons for free but whatever works.

I bought mine yesterday for $231 shipped no tax. Today I got a shipping date of 10/26/2006 though so order is on hold. :(

aicjofs said:

I bought mine yesterday for $231 shipped no tax. Today I got a shipping date of 10/26/2006 though so order is on hold. :(

To bad the coupon expired earlier today. DAMN I'm late on this. Maybe I'll pick up the Benq one on newegg instead

celwin said:
To bad the coupon expired earlier today. DAMN I'm late on this. Maybe I'll pick up the Benq one on newegg instead

The usually come out with new coupons in a couple of days or so.

aicjofs said:

How you get the code? I did google for about 30 mins and no 20% off coupon for monitor

aicjofs said:

would it be too much trouble to post the code. I am unable to find one for it. The 1907, 2007, and 2407 have instant savings on them, but I like the cheaper price of the 207 being that it is identical to the 2007 as far as I know minus some frilly crap (height adjustment, usb, etc)

Back