~$300 for an lcd... what would you get?

Atherton213

[H]ard|Gawd
ok... im looking for an LCD... roughly around 300 (can be a little more or less) ... i like to play lots of games... i currently have an X850 pro agp (soon to be unlocked to XTPE)

soo right now whats a good one to get... i was hopeing to stay widescreen around 20.1 inch...

2007fpw
or
Samsung 205BW
or
LG L204WT

or any others.. please suggest... ill probly be ordering it tomorrow

atherton213 said:
it doesnt say 5ms on the dell website?... or HDCP... the LG says HDCP and 5ms though?

Yea thats not the 2007 its the E207WFP which should be released on tuesday from what i hear.

ahh yeah not really intrested in that one.. i would rather spend the extra 30-40 and get all the stuff that the 2007fpw comes with

i love my lg and the money i save get a desk arm for any monitor u buy

IPS has vastly superior viewing angles than any other type of LCD panel. TN viewing angles are very poor in you are sitting anywhere except directly in front of the monitor. Even if you are sitting directly in front of the monitor, the top and bottom of the screen tend to darken.

Additionally, TN panels offer 6-bit color with dithering in order to fool the user into thinking they are seeing a true 16.2/16.7 million colors. They can only truly display around 500,000 colors. The dithering effect is quite improved on the new TN monitors and will fool most people, but graphics professionals and photo editors will surely notice the color inaccuracy.

This, in conjunction with the poor viewing angles, means that TN panels display an inferior image in comparison to an IPS panel.

The Samsung monitor is a VA panel. It actually has a poor head-on viewing angle. If you are sitting directly in front of that monitor, the spot you are looking at will appear darker, and color detail will be lost.

You can get a 22" widescreen Viewsonic LCD with 5ms for $300 at Costco right now.

sanvara said:
You can get a 22" widescreen Viewsonic LCD with 5ms for $300 at Costco right now.

besides being bigger.. is this one better than any/all that i said?

If it was me I'd go for the 22" viewsonic. Actually I did just that this weekend even thou I really didn't need a new monitor.

I would go for higher quality before slightly bigger size. Size might be a big deal in a TV but if your main use is as a monitor all you are getting is bigger pixels.

I would go for the Dell assuming it is still S-IPS. The best panel technology out there.

the LG all the way! go to your nearest circuit shack and check it out, it SMOKES all the samsungs and viewsonics there, unless its the 2007 dell, its junk! and who wants a dell product unless you like being made fun of!

just got back from circuit city... it is a nice monitor.... to bad they are sold out... and so are the other 2 closest stores :(

Don't forget that if you get the 22" through Costco you have a warranty FOR LIFE and if it dies in 5 years or you decide you don't like it anymore you just bring it in for a full refund.

A 20" monitor is really small these days. I can't bear to use my 19" monitor now after a 24" Dell and a 37" Westinghouse.

Also, if games are something you will doing bigger is always better.

sanvara said:
Don't forget that if you get the 22" through Costco you have a warranty FOR LIFE and if it dies in 5 years or you decide you don't like it anymore you just bring it in for a full refund.

A 20" monitor is really small these days. I can't bear to use my 19" monitor now after a 24" Dell and a 37" Westinghouse.

Also, if games are something you will doing bigger is always better.

ahh yes bigger is better.. but you need the power for bigger.. i have an AGP x850 pro (going to unlock to 16pipes soon)... also no costco near me.... and i think im just gonna pull the trigger on the Dell.... the LG is nice.... but not very adjustable....

heres a 22" for 300

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11169064&search=sceptre&Sp=S&Mo=7&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=0&whse=&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=sceptre&Ntt=sceptre&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

atherton213 said:
ahh yes bigger is better.. but you need the power for bigger.. i have an AGP x850 pro (going to unlock to 16pipes soon)... also no costco near me.... and i think im just gonna pull the trigger on the Dell.... the LG is nice.... but not very adjustable....

both the dell 20 and the sceptre 22 are going to run at the same rez

Back