7900gt messing up NOW?

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Ive had my evga 7900gt co for 6 months now and no matter how many times i change my drivers, i still get "stuck pixels" all over my screen. Theyre essentially stuck pixels of either green or red, but they move around alot whenever i scroll or try to play games. I also get really bad artifacts and messed up textures in game

My temps are in the upper 20s to low 30s celcius (idle) so i know thats not the problem.

Is there a solution or do i have to RMA the card? If i do, is there a way i can be stepped up to a GTO, or GTX? Its just such an inconvenience that i think something should be done.

thanks.

also, if i do submit an RMA will i be without a graphics card or will evga just send me one and i send mine back (or something like that)?

jcll2002 said:
Ive had my evga 7900gt co for 6 months now and no matter how many times i change my drivers, i still get "stuck pixels" all over my screen. Theyre essentially stuck pixels of either green or red, but they move around alot whenever i scroll or try to play games. I also get really bad artifacts and messed up textures in game

My temps are in the upper 20s to low 30s celcius (idle) so i know thats not the problem.

Is there a solution or do i have to RMA the card? If i do, is there a way i can be stepped up to a GTO, or GTX? Its just such an inconvenience that i think something should be done.

thanks.

also, if i do submit an RMA will i be without a graphics card or will evga just send me one and i send mine back (or something like that)?

Could it be an LCD display issue?

i get a lot of artifacting in game in addition to other stuff so i think its the card. also people have reported the same thing as me and it turned out to be the card... idk

What's the model number?

http://evga.com/articles/317.asp

If it's one of the numbers on the right, it 100% needs replacing. Otherwise, it's more like a 95% chance...

I believe eVGA will cross ship, that is send you their card while you send yours.

Back