Need help from Ninja Plus owners

ococ

Limp Gawd
Preferably someone that also has a DS3 board.

According to specs, the height on the HS is 150mm with the fan it's 175mm. PC-V600 case I'm running has 180mm from the board to the edge of the case. I'm worried about the additional height of the CPU and any additional mounting brackets.

If you have a Ninja and a DS3 board, can you please measure to the mm please?

Thanks!

Well from the socket to my board on the P5B, to the top of the chip... is about 8mm...

if that helps :S

good try...but not really :(

The fan is mounted sideways on the heatsink...so I don't think I can just add the fan's height to the Ninja's height.

Can anyone with a Ninja plus measure the total height of their Ninja mount all the way to the top of the fan? (assuming that's the highest point)

Thanks!

ococ said:
good try...but not really :(

The fan is mounted sideways on the heatsink...so I don't think I can just add the fan's height to the Ninja's height.

Can anyone with a Ninja plus measure the total height of their Ninja mount all the way to the top of the fan? (assuming that's the highest point)

Thanks!

There is a bit of wiggle room in how you mount the fan, you can have it taller or lower (depending on what's in the general area.) Blowing right-to left in my case, the fan gets squished down on top of the 24pin power connector, and sticks out above the top of the HSF by maybe 1/2 and inch, but when set up for bottom-to-top I can move the fan down to be just as tall as the ninja.

Bottom line, if your case has a 120mm fan in the back you'll be alright, even if you have to have the fan sitting flush on top of your memory.

So maybe this pic will help (not mine, just some guy who's already modded his pc-v600)

See how he has the Zalman there? The way the case is setup, the PSU sits right at that spot, so in stock form, there's only about 80mm. The guy moved his PSU to where the HD mounts used to be, but that required cutting. I'm going to pull the PSU wires out the back and mount it externally. But the height of the Ninja plus the fan may be too tall (wide when mounted) for the case. The exhaust fan goes out of the side as you can see.

DSCN0635.JPG

Yeah there's no way to fit a Scythe Ninja in the V600 without heavy modification to the case, or any tower heatsink that I'm aware of. Because of the placement of the psu, there's very little room above the cpu socket, although I hear Zalman 7700 and 7000 work well.

I thought about the Zalman 7's, but I dont think that'll cool enough. As i mentioned earlier, there's ~180mm between the board and the edge of the case as long as I move the PSU externally, which is why I'm BEGGING for some measurements.

I can also move the PSU into the 5 1/4" bays since I run an external DVD burner...but the PSU warm air would not escape easily. Either way...I still need some measurements.

Like the man said, the fan can be moved up or down depending on you, or in your case if the ram is hitting it.

I got mine so that it is as tall as the heatsink but no taller than that. You can basically mount it anywhere on the heatsink tower you like.

Back