Dinovo Edge available @ Circuit City

Got here this morning, this thing is really awesome looking. The packaging is also in the same lines as the MX Revolution, much higher quality than older Logitech packing. I'm still charging it, but here are a few pics, sorry for the mess on my bar area.

Note: There's a layer of plastic over the entire keyboard and also the base station, which I didn't take off because the flash would have made a huge glare.

280078310_743fb9b233.jpg

280082228_7d2d4a49bd.jpg

280078311_fe2c60be70.jpg

280078313_6d7044db09.jpg

Now that I've been using it most of the day, I can pretty much say this is the best keyboard I have ever used. The older Dinovo's, even the newest Laser one, have all suffered from a lag when typing compared to a corded keyboard. The Edge on the other hand is perfect. When I type, the letters show up on the screen just as fast as if I were using a corded keyboard. The only thing that's missing is the numpad, aside from that it's an awesome keyboard. Highly recommended.

Looks like it's time to upgrade my old Dinovo :) Does this one come with a numpad? I didn't see one listed at CC or logitech.com :confused:

saturnine2 said:
Looks like it's time to upgrade my old Dinovo :) Does this one come with a numpad? I didn't see one listed at CC or logitech.com :confused:

Sadly no it doesn't. I wish it did, but one side of this is that the keyboard is nice and short, which gives me back lots of deskspace that my G15 was eating up being so huge.

Well, I'm in big trouble now. My wife is going to kill me when mine arrives on Monday... :rolleyes:

wow, that looks uber sexy, but i live on my 10-key pad, i just don't think i could ever give it up...

Do the keys have that quality key feel? it looks like it would feel a hell of a lot like a laptop keyboard...
As i have lived on my laptop for the past 3 months in India away from a real keyboard, i am really starting to miss the feel of a nice keyboard...

I am broke after buying my 30D :( , well until tomorrow, payday...

Zorn: Can you check what is the input power source for the AC Adapter? Is it 100-240v?

I'll stick with my G15 for 3 reasons basically:

No backlit keys. A $200 keyboard should have backlit keys.

No keypad.

BLUETOOTH! Why the hell did they use Bluetooth. The software is clunky, porky, slows computer boot times, and is all but impossible to manage. I hate Bluetooth!

I have one of the original $250 DiNovo keyboards. I basically shelved it because the Bluetooth crap added a good 60 seconds to boot time, intertwined itself all over my system and into my network adapters, and was a royal pain in the ass to manage.

-Larry

Well for my Dinovo Laser the boot time wasn't that long. Anyways how does the trackpad fair? Is it any good for normal use?

Hi Zorn!

A quick question for you, if i may...
I'm planning to buy this keyboard, but i'm wondering one thing:

The bottom row of the G15 has to following keys:
CTRL, START, ALT, SPACE, ALT, START, CONTEXTUAL MENU, CTRL.

Does the Edge also have a way of simulating that "CONTEXTUAL MENU" key? I see it has a "FN" instead of that :-(
Is there a way to bind a key like that "CONTEXTUAL MENU" key?

Thanks!
Alex.

Back