new Antec Nine Hundred! =) 56K warning

r3g

Limp Gawd
Ok so my previous case was the Antec Sanata II. It was awesome but for someone who has big hands like me there was noooo room to work in it so i decided to get something bigger with better cooling but still pretty quiet. When i 1st saw the Nine Hundred i thought "eww what an ugly case". After reading up on it and seeing how good the cooling was on it i let the looks of the case slide. (ya it grew on me) So this morning while getting a new psu i decided to go ahead and get it. While i was looking up the case i noticed there wasnt that many pictures of it on the net so i took some of my own, if anyone wants pictures of anything special on the case that i alreaddy havent posted ill be happy to take them.

Packaging:

Nine Hundred next to Sanata II:
]

Random Mobo shot ( <3 Zalman):
7ln3.jpg

Seasonic s12 650w PSU:

w/ PSU:
10fu5.jpg

Before Connecting Everything:
11so4.jpg

Fully Connected (prolly could have done a better job on cable management but im lazy):
12ui4.jpg

No cables blocking the intake fans:
13ho9.jpg

oh how i wish my psu was modular:

now thats venting:
14js1.jpg

Final Shots:
15ry5.jpg

16xj7.jpg

i dont care what anyone says this shot is freakin sexy.
17sy5.jpg

18af6.jpg

________

Temperature Comparison:

CPU
Sanata II - 36c
Nine00 - 30c

System
Sanata II - 33c
Nine00 - 28c

GPU
Sanata II - 45c
Nine00 - 40c

*all 120mm fans on low, 200mm fan on medium
________

There was no real point to this thread, im just bored and like to use my digicam =P . but if someone got anything useful about the case out of it then awesome!

with a solid side and top it might be a contender, but as it stands....eh.

SlikRig said:
Get some zip ties on the thing...what a mess!!

i plan to

@ Tutelary

i agree but i got it more for the cooling then looks

Lol, case looks awesome except that it looks like the window was designed to show every single internal wire. :p

i got over my lazy spell about an hour ago so i decided to go ahead and clean up the best i can. now this the 1st time ive ever managed my case so bare with me =)

looks a lot better then it did before, i managed to get all the extra cable either to the side next to the mobo out of the fans flow, or in front of the HDs under the bottom intake fan. most of the bulk is extra cable.. god i wish my psu was modular =(

sumofatguy said:
does santana = sonata?bit confused here..
he didnt say santana, he said sanata, which yea obviously means sonata lmfao carlos santana

I would like to know if the front panel is removable. I like the case except I do not like the LED fans in the front. So..can you remove the front panel? Oh wait...don't the hard drive cages slide out toward the front of the case, right? Can someone take a detailed picture of one of the drive bays from the front while its coming out of the case?

Thanks
Aaron

You remove the cages the same way you would remove cd drives.. each side has screws holding the cages to the front "frame" the cages slide forward and the fan is sandwiched between the screens and teh cage. the screens can then come off then the fans and they can be changed or the screens can be reinstalled without the cages if you were goin to say put a duallie rad up there.... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1103892&page=2&pp=20

I don't like that side grating, it looks like dust will go right through that. The front end is pretty neat though.

Is that a Zalman Fatal1ty GPU cooler on your 7900? How's that working out for you? Cool build btw.

thx. it works great.. i run at 550/1500 stable (475/1360 BFG defaults). could go higher but dont see much reason to besides benchmarks, and its extremely quiet

Holy crap man! Me and you are like twins.

I just bought an Antec Nine Hundred two days ago. Rebuilt my computer last night.

Two cases ago I had an Antec Sonata II. I definitely agree that it sucks for those of us with big hands..

We both have Zalman 9500 heatsinks.

We have the same keyboard. We both have 7900GT's. Although I just sold mine..

We even have the same laptop!!!! (HP Pavilion 17" right?). Yours could be the 15 inch. Can't tell by the pictures. We both have the AMD version though.

lol. Just thought that was funny.

I am amazed how quiet this case is. I have all three 120mm fans on low, the 200mm on high. Qfan and Rivatuner are controlling my cpu fan and video card fan respectively. I can barely hear anything. The only thing I can hear is the slight noise of the 200mm because its moving quite a lot of air. But its the air movement I hear, not the fan itself.

Right now my processor is at 28, my hard drives are at 28, 30, and 24, and my motherboard is at 26 degree. I love this case.

that a lot specially for just a midtower. is the cooling performance on this really that superior to lets say, a decent server tower for 120?

This cools about 10 times better then my old stacker 810 used to.

8 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, and a scythe ninja is what I used to have in my old stacker 810. It was clogged, bad airflow, not enough venting in key points (ie side panel, top, etc).

vs

1 200mm fan, and 3 120mm fans. And my temps are about 10 degrees cooler on my CPU then the stacker.

I have gone through four cases int eh past couple months. A Stacker 810, an Arctic Cooling Silentium, an Antec Sonata II, and a Cooler Master Centurion 534.

None have cooled as well, or been nearly as quiet as my computer is now.

Astrogiblet said:
This cools about 10 times better then my old stacker 810 used to.

8 120mm fans, 2 80mm fans, and a scythe ninja is what I used to have in my old stacker 810. It was clogged, bad airflow, not enough venting in key points (ie side panel, top, etc).

vs

1 200mm fan, and 3 120mm fans. And my temps are about 10 degrees cooler on my CPU then the stacker.

I have gone through four cases int eh past couple months. A Stacker 810, an Arctic Cooling Silentium, an Antec Sonata II, and a Cooler Master Centurion 534.

None have cooled as well, or been nearly as quiet as my computer is now.
if thats the case i think when i build my next pc ill look into getting this case. id rather pick it up from best buy if it costs me the same as buyin it from newegg after shipping is added and all.

Astrogiblet said:
Holy crap man! Me and you are like twins.

I just bought an Antec Nine Hundred two days ago. Rebuilt my computer last night.

Two cases ago I had an Antec Sonata II. I definitely agree that it sucks for those of us with big hands..

We both have Zalman 9500 heatsinks.

We have the same keyboard. We both have 7900GT's. Although I just sold mine..

We even have the same laptop!!!! (HP Pavilion 17" right?). Yours could be the 15 inch. Can't tell by the pictures. We both have the AMD version though.

lol. Just thought that was funny.

I am amazed how quiet this case is. I have all three 120mm fans on low, the 200mm on high. Qfan and Rivatuner are controlling my cpu fan and video card fan respectively. I can barely hear anything. The only thing I can hear is the slight noise of the 200mm because its moving quite a lot of air. But its the air movement I hear, not the fan itself.

Right now my processor is at 28, my hard drives are at 28, 30, and 24, and my motherboard is at 26 degree. I love this case.

haha rock on... i have the DV5000 15"

Hi,
just wondering as it looks like i might need a new case and the gigabyte 3d aurora isnt deep enough:

1) how deep is this case? do people think it will allow a 8800GTX to sit comfortably, without any problems?
2)is the ATX PSU mounted upside down? its just that i just brought corsair hx620, and it has a fan on the top, and it would defeat the object if the fan was facing the bottom of the case!

thanks!

5aboy said:
Hi,
just wondering as it looks like i might need a new case and the gigabyte 3d aurora isnt deep enough:

1) how deep is this case? do people think it will allow a 8800GTX to sit comfortably, without any problems?
2)is the ATX PSU mounted upside down? its just that i just brought corsair hx620, and it has a fan on the top, and it would defeat the object if the fan was facing the bottom of the case!

thanks!

not sure about the G80, it should fit with a tad bit of space to spare. my PSU is mounted upside down for obvious reasons

I learned you cannot route case wires if not drunk or stoned. For some reason it doesn't turn out right. I wired this one when drunk:

finished.jpg

Frank4d said:
I learned you cannot route case wires if not drunk or stoned. For some reason it doesn't turn out right. I wired this one when drunk:

finished.jpg
i can tell u were drunk for sure. any sober man knows for damn sure, with that type of harddrive rack you ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY ALWAYS keep the back of the harddrive facing the back of your case. you fucked up your near perfect wiring job by not making the back of the harddrive face the back of your case, which is effortless to do and i cant see why you didnt other than you drank too much jack daniels or smirnoff

Hard drive backwards would help but either way its a far cry better than the original job.

The g80 should fit in here relatively easy. My 7900GT sat in there with a few inches to spare.

Also, I would trade you my 17" laptop for an 8800GTX. :) I bought it for $899 and have since upgraded it considerably. :D

khuyakuya said:
i can tell u were drunk for sure. any sober man knows for damn sure, with that type of harddrive rack you ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY ALWAYS keep the back of the harddrive facing the back of your case. you fucked up your near perfect wiring job by not making the back of the harddrive face the back of your case, which is effortless to do and i cant see why you didnt other than you drank too much jack daniels or smirnoff

Realizing my original mistake I have since re-mounted the hard drive using rubber bands http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1100235. My wife told me I am a nutcase but it works quite well.

i heard the antec 900 have clearance problems with the DVI ports of a dual slot cooler?

Back