Black Friday 2006 Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap this is early!

This sucks though, I am India and will be till Dec 17th, i miss 3/4 of the sweet deals :(

Site won't let me few ads, IE7 is not supported, just a heads up.

nice deal on the turion laptop and the 20" lcd @ OM. That's about all I see though.. nothing amazing.

RangerXML said:
Site won't let me few ads, IE7 is not supported, just a heads up.

Sorry, Ill look into the troubles see if I did something wrong or what not.

Matt Samoohi said:
what is black friday
Its the day after thanksgiving sale, used to get rid of some surplus in time for xmas and newer items.

Matt Samoohi said:
what is black friday
AKA "the day after thanksgiving where I lay around eating leftover turkey and watch football while crazy idiots are trampling each other to save a few backs on a video card, monitor or dvd player, etc.. not realizing that each store only has a handful"

yeah, that's Black Friday to me. :p

The 20" widescreen monitor is a shabby brand probably...not a Samsung or Dell...although it boasts high contrast ratio.

Some of those Office Max deals are really nice. Thanks for the link OP.

The other thread wasn't a [H]otDeal, more like a 'what do you want" thread.....these 'leaked' ads usually begin showing up about a week prior to Black Friday, so be patient :)

The name comes from the color of ink that the business's use from that day onward toward Xmas. This is the one day where huge sales receipts push them over the top....the busiest sales day of the year.

MajorDomo said:
The name comes from the color of ink that the business's use from that day onward toward Xmas. This is the one day where huge sales receipts push them over the top....the busiest sales day of the year.

Alternately.. the name comes from the attitudes of anyone who works retail during that holiday season:

You're guaranteed at LEAST 8-10 hours of dealing with customers that are tired of pushing other people out of the way, and unless someone in your family dies, you're not getting that day off, even if you put notice in months before. You're lucky if you can work in a 10-minute bathroom break.

Diashto said:
Alternately.. the name comes from the attitudes of anyone who works retail during that holiday season:

You're guaranteed at LEAST 8-10 hours of dealing with customers that are tired of pushing other people out of the way, and unless someone in your family dies, you're not getting that day off, even if you put notice in months before. You're lucky if you can work in a 10-minute bathroom break.

which is exacty why i choose to forgo any [H]ot deals and sleep late on that friday and be warm :D

"You're guaranteed at LEAST 8-10 hours of dealing with customers that are tired of pushing other people out of the way, and unless someone in your family dies, you're not getting that day off, even if you put notice in months before. You're lucky if you can work in a 10-minute bathroom break."

im sorry retail people =(

I remember my first black friday, it was great. Got me a 4x cd burner for dirt cheap at the time and lots of cool little things (like free cabling, usb cables, power etc )

Im hoping i can find some Thumbdrives for cheap this year, maybe a good laptop like mentioned in another thread @ walmart.

I cant wait for BF this year. I've got a Staples 5 minutes from me and no one ever takes advantage. The store is almost empty every year.

I will never go to Frys Electronics for black friday again... even if they gave me free core2duo processors... last year there were literally 10,000+ people crammed in the store.. it was an obvious fire hazard and barely anything was done about it... in fact, if i recall correctly, at a walmart some old lady died from being trampled over people trying to get $10 DVD players... so sad. :(

Tips for buying.

- Treat the retailer people NICELY, if not we will make your shopping trip there even more of a living hell.
- Don't show up at the last minute and expect your item to be there, it won't.
- If you are lining up for an item, have a friend/family member with you, the second person will make things SO much easier.
- Always have an escape plan in case shit goes down (somebody wants to fight you for that item, I've seen it happen).
- NO item is worth more than your life.

More to come.

clark howard said there should be some pretty awesome BF things going on online this year. i dont have any more info tho.

Techx said:
which is exacty why i choose to forgo any [H]ot deals and sleep late on that friday and be warm :D

My wife and my sentiments exactly, saving a few bucks is certainly not worth the time, effort and aggravation. If I want to save money I'll just do some work on Friday instead and it will be a lot less stressful, then I'll pay the normal price for whatever item I *want*

My employer gives us the Friday after thanksgiving off every year. No need to put in for vacation time or sick day. :D

That being said, standing in line does not have to suck. For me and my friends, it's much like camping, but with hundreds of people. Last year we even had hot chocolate and cookies. You just don't know how much nicer people get when you offer them some hot chocolate at 4 in the morning. ;)

Still waiting on an above average 37" LCDTV deal to show up. Office Max has one for $700, but they barely give any info on it. It shows as Viore in the ad, which I haven't heard of.

Dapperdan said:
Yes depends on the store, last yr the BB near me opened up at 6am

Does Fry's open earlier usually? I have to work that day :(

compusa opened last year at midnight

BB opened at 4am
Staples opened at 5am
Circuit City opened at 6am

PsyKo[H] said:
My employer gives us the Friday after thanksgiving off every year. No need to put in for vacation time or sick day. :D

Thats the other reason - 90% of the population gets the day off (the notable exception being anyone working retail), so there's nothing to do other than complain about TurkeyDay's football games and shop.

Last year I was at CompUSSR for midnight.. then went over and hopped in line at CC for 5am after I got my loot.. It was freaking cold too. 24 degrees F if I remember correctly. :eek: Then I had some rabs wanting to fight me because I was first in line at Circuit City.. lol. I was like.. what difference does it make if you are 2 feet behind me? lol, good times. :p

w1retap said:
Then I had some rabs wanting to fight me because I was first in line at Circuit City.

Nice racial slur, honkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back