Nvidia GeForce Lan 3 Case Mod Winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Not to sure of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers but the winners I'm sure of. The prizes were varying bundles with Iz3d 17" monitors 8800GTX's and 680i mobos.

Best Original Case Category:
1st. Airplane case
2nd. Hornet Box case
3rd. Snare Drum case

Best of Show Category:
1st. Japanese wooden case
2nd. Swine Clan case
3rd. Coolermaster Stacker

gfl3.055.jpg
gfl3.056.jpg

gfl3.057.jpg
gfl3.058.jpg

gfl3.059.jpg
gfl3.060.jpg
gfl3.062.jpg

gfl3.063.jpg
gfl3.064.jpg

gfl3.065.jpg
gfl3.068.jpg

gfl3.066.jpg
gfl3.069.jpg

gfl3.070.jpg

gfl3.071.jpg
gfl3.072.jpg
gfl3.073.jpg

gfl3.074.jpg
gfl3.075.jpg

gfl3.076.jpg

gfl3.077.jpg
gfl3.078.jpg

gfl3.079.jpg
gfl3.080.jpg

I didn't place but for good measure here was my entry...

gfl3.037.jpg

My nVidia shrine. :) And yes that is Jen-Hsun Huang and me :eek: :eek: :eek: (at least he liked my case).

Theres always next year.

For the record, I liked yours the most :D :p

Nice to see some modders making it to these competitions.

yeah im a reallllyyy big fan of the japanese one.\

edit: did they win free 8800GTX's?

Yeah I like the Japanese case, maybe its just me but there really doesn't look to be anything really special about the CM stacker.

I don't think the Stacker had anything done to it aside from an aquagate and VERY messy wiring.

BTW, is your case plastered with nvidia case stickers? That would be a guarenteed WIN in my book.

eh, some of those "best in show" cases look rather like standard run of the mill mods and quite unoriginal (stacker, bee, plane {that one is just plain ugly if you ask me).

The drum one is interesting though

The Stacker is hideous, the flame one looks unfinished, yours has too many stickers, the Japanese one and bee one look nice though.

The plane isn't the best to look at, but remember: It's completely scratch built. Carved molds, then vacuum formed, manually assembled, painted, detailed. Plus, it had an accident, due to UPS shipping before.

Bbq said:
The plane isn't the best to look at, but remember: It's completely scratch built. Carved molds, then vacuum formed, manually assembled, painted, detailed. Plus, it had an accident, due to UPS shipping before.

True - but isn't the competition used to gauge talent? There are plenty of awsome custom built computers in the build log made by [H] members that look like something (batman, hex, digg, {the one with the three pipes}) if they had been at the competition (maybe even some were) they would have been far better candidates - most of those winning cases are rather mediocre at best

Ugh, the Swin clan case is just fucking ugly, the japanese style case is lame, and yours has to be a joke.

I really like the wooden case. The airplane is cool too. All the other ones are mediocre, save for the Stacker which was just bad.

Some of the attitudes in here stink like crap. Take a closer look at that Swine case - what I first thought was a modified stock case is actually a hand built chassis from square tubing. The build is clean and shows a ton of detail work. I can't believe anyone can call the custom woodwork of the oriental case "lame" although I should probably just chalk your comment up as trolling. All of the custom cases are excellent and I'm sure that anybody in here that has built a custom case can testify to the amount of work that goes into them and I would bet that those that have put that much work into this hobby would be professional enough to complement these efforts, not stand on the side line's and talk shit.

Congrats to the winners and better luck next time to the losers. Hopefully some day my skills can match yours.

K before a big argument starts, let me nip this one. Opinions, be they positive or negative, are welcome to be expressed in the modding forums. Everyone has a different take on what is cool or not cool. Some cases touch people in a good way and others bad.

If people are being explicitly mean, obviously it won't always fly here... Everyone would prefer nice comments but even I know my work doesn't look good to some people. I accept that. I like to hear both sides so I know what to do or not do in the future.

Edit: consider that not everyone in the world makes it to these events. So locals show their best stuff to see if they can win something. It isn't the end all of case modding contests so I wouldn't judge them too harshly guys. They were probably there to have a good time and figured, hell let's enter it in the mod contest too.

I like them all other than the stacker. To put it simply the stacker is SHIT and whoever voted for that needs to get a clue. Other than that they're all nice. Even if some don't look that great there was still a lot of work put into them.

Shadowspawn said:
Some of the attitudes in here stink like crap. Take a closer look at that Swine case - what I first thought was a modified stock case is actually a hand built chassis from square tubing. The build is clean and shows a ton of detail work.
So if some guy builds a replica pinto out of aluminum, paints giant purple flames and lightning bolts all over it, and calls it "El Guapo" I should just accept that it's absolutely amazing because it was hand-built?

I can't believe anyone can call the custom woodwork of the oriental case "lame" although I should probably just chalk your comment up as trolling
The quality of that case is pretty high, even the design is, but it's on the same level as other things white jap-tards do. Anime posters all over their walls, cheap imitation katanas, the "Learning Japanese for Dummies" book, and using chopsticks instead of a fork.

si0dine said:
The quality of that case is pretty high, even the design is, but it's on the same level as other things white jap-tards do. Anime posters all over their walls, cheap imitation katanas, the "Learning Japanese for Dummies" book, and using chopsticks instead of a fork.
If you had seen the guy's worklog, you wouldn't be saying that. You have no idea how much work and design genius went into making that case. Buying a mock katana is hardly at the level of this mod.

Zero82z said:
If you had seen the guy's worklog, you'd be singing a different tune. You have no idea how much work and design genius went into making that case. Buying a mock katana is hardly at the level of this mod.

It's on the same level as far as jap-tard lameness goes... Reading comprehension skills people - they're important.
I even said it was high quality and the design was good.

Ok well since nobody is holding back. I'm just going to lock the thread so we can enjoy the pictures.

These comments are really throwing the thread off course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back