Samsung SyncMaster 215TW - Input lag thread

Skie

n00b
Hello. I've seen multiple threads about the 215TW on this forum, and there have been many people who say that there is input lag, and many of those that say there is none.
There have also been photos and proof that the monitor does have a delay, but so far I've seen no one, who says that they don't have lag, take pictures of a cloned CRT display view with a clock running on it.

Could everyone with a 215TW tell where has their monitor been made and when, and whether they have input lag or not? Also, photos would be appreciated from those who claim to not have any lag. Take several, since the delay changes all the time.

Here's a photo of mine at its worst (The program I used is Virtual Stopwatch Pro):
http://skie.pleasedontsue.com/camera/delay.jpg

Mine's manufactured in Slovakia, 2006 October. If we can find some sort of a relation with manufacturing date/place and lag/no lag, this might help us getting ones from a batch that doesn't suffer as much from lag. I don't want to give this baby up with all its great features.

is it bad during use for you? those times seem really close

i wonder if its not just a lag for that type of panel, i really dont know though

Close? That's 64 ms of lag. That's more than 3 frames behind. That's ridiculous. That's as bad as the Samsung 244T. I can't believe Samsung gets away with this crap.

Mine's manufactured in Slovakia, 2006 October. If we can find some sort of a relation with manufacturing date/place and lag/no lag, this might help us getting ones from a batch that doesn't suffer as much from lag. I don't want to give this baby up with all its great features.
There is no such batch. They all have the lag. People claim they don't have the lag because they don't notice it and haven't bothered to test for it. It's no coincidence that the Samsung 244T has the same lag.

ToastyX said:
There is no such batch. They all have the lag. People claim they don't have the lag because they don't notice it and haven't bothered to test for it. It's no coincidence that the Samsung 244T has the same lag.
I really hope it isn't so. I don't understand how people can be so blind that they don't see the lag.

Back