"Will it fit?" FAQ

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
Updated Will it Fit? Spreadsheet
Download Free Excel Viewer

willitfit.jpg

Please open the spreadsheet for the latest updates. The bottom ones and exception reasons are not shown.

*Do your own research!* I spent a lot of time researching all of these components, but don't just take "some guy on the internet's" word for it. Always double check.
-Post up if you know something is wrong or have a suggestion for another commonly used component. (i.e. you can name 10 people on the forum who have it.) Unusual sizes are also good. Help me out by telling me whether it fits. Then we will know who to yell at! :D
-When there are mods required, the spreadsheet has direct links to known examples - these are blue.
-When there is a question mark, it either means it is borderline or this is my best guess. Tell me if you know...
-I added links to reviews with good sets of pictures of the cases themselves, so you can do your own eyeballing. ;)
-I added dimensions for all products.

Last edited:
at 10.5" long, video cards getting outta hand. Yeah, they won't fit in the SG01 or SG02 due to the hard drive cage being in the way.

Maybe is would be best to look at it the other way.
Which SFF cases WILL these new cards fit into?

What sould be nice is for a computer shop or someone with various SFF's
to make a chart.

I can handle that for my site. I plan to do major improvements come December when things calm down a bit.

I am okay with that. Give me a nod of credit though. ;) Welcome to use the attached spreadsheet.

See the attached spreadsheet at the top of the page. This is alot easier to update than html code. If something is wrong, let me know.

sleepeeg3 said:
I am okay with that. Give me a nod of credit though. ;) Welcome to use the attached spreadsheet.

See the attached spreadsheet at the top of the page. This is alot easier to update than html code. If something is wrong, let me know.

You got it good job!

EXACTLY what I was looking for.

anyone know what the rumor is for the r600 card length? if it's too long to fit into my sg-01, i will be one sad panda :(

I don't know, but the way I set up my watercooling, I am in the same boat! If it's longer than the board, we're screwed.

There is going to be an 8800GT or similar middle card between the GTS/GTX, I will bet anyone money if they want to take me up on that. Hopefully nVidia puts it on the normal sized PCB.

what kind of modding would it take to fit a atx mobo into a microfly/jpac?

someone for the love of god sticky this, and add the lian-li case to the list and possibly other high end cards

I have a Shuttle SN27P2, and it looks like the 8800GTX will not fit (eyeballing it with a ruler), as it's gi-normous length blocks the 6-pin 12V connector.

Anyone with both please prove me wrong as I want this card.

Still missing a few cases on there :) The G325 from Aopen, Aerocube, Qmicra, and LANBOX. The G325 you could do without (flop), the Aerocube could go with the MicroFly....the others should be on there :)

Thanks for the help! There are a ton more I could include, but I have to keep this list to a manageable number and it would be nice to capture this on one screen. I made some judgement calls based on actual owners and the number of questions that will come up. Adding the G325…

Most of this is guesswork and eyeballing, so it would help to have some doublechecking on this... If you have one of these cases, please take a look at the spreadsheet and make sure everything checks out.

I got all but the V300.

I think the Qmicra and LANBOX (thermaltake) would be good adds. Just word-wrap some of the case headers.

The G325 should also not be in with the Qpack. The AeroCube should be.

My bad. I am just going to remove the AeroCube & JPac altogether, since they appear to have been discontinued. The LANBOX is still not out and hardly anyone has the Qmicra, because of the expense. I think the current list covers all of the popular cases, unless I am forgetting something else.

Thanks guys for this chart. I cried a little when I read the 8800GTX is a no go for Sugo. :(

-E

I can confirm adding the Qmicra to the list of "it fits."

Just slapped my XFX 8800GTX into BloodMoon.

I can confirm that 8800GTX SLI works in QMICRA (no mods required)

Qmicra config: eVGA NF-44, X2 4800+, 8800GTX SLI, 2GB Patriot LLK, 160GB Raptor, SeaSonic M12 700, Silverstone NT06 CPU cooler

Steeeeve said:
dang, thats nice.

I didn't think you still used the Qmicra
The Micro Fly did fine with a single 7900GTX, but I have some new toys that require better cooling performance :D

anyone have pics confirming the fragbox 2?

it should have about the same dimensions as the sugo evo, and from what pics i've seen, it gets pretty stuffed with a normal sized gfx card

not to mention i was going through falcons site and as far as options on their custom built fragbox 2 go, they only have a 8800gts no gtx

Arashi said:
anyone have pics confirming the fragbox 2?

it should have about the same dimensions as the sugo evo, and from what pics i've seen, it gets pretty stuffed with a normal sized gfx card

not to mention i was going through falcons site and as far as options on their custom built fragbox 2 go, they only have a 8800gts no gtx
i'm pretty sure the frag box is a modified Sugo

it is pretty much, the problem is that it has the hd cage/side fan in the same location as the sugo, and infact i think its depth is smaller by an inch too

I see what you guys are talking about… I'll update.

I lumped the Fragbox 2 and SG01 together as well as the X-Qpack & Microfly, until there are some known exceptions.

What combos do not work? Like PSU / optical drives or heatsink / chipset conflicts?

What about watercooling components that you guys have tried? I know certain pumps would have been a pain to fit in my rig.

in the Qmicra:
Ultra X2 PSU + Plextor 716SA = fits (see Qmicra website for other combos)
Watercooling
DDC 12V pump + 2X120mm + TDX +T-line = fits with modification (see BloodMoon worklog)

I can provide Skethcup layouts for those that want to examine individual component fit more precisely on this case.

Finally got around to modding my Micro Fly for a single 8800GTX

You can see in the pics where I dremeled out a section of the lower 5 1/2 bay for the power connectors to fit.

This would would be required to fit an 8800GTX in a Q-pack as well.

Very good job sleepeeg3.

Just one question, why is this not stickied yet?

Probably the same reason the "*** SFF FAQ ***" is still stickied - no one ever PM'd a mod. Outside of the F/S mods, I would not even know who they are... Does [H]ard even have any others? :D

Still a work in progress. I'll ask a mod when some of the other categories are filled in like WCing components. For video cards, I may lump all the standard-sized ones into one row. Otherwise that list will get long and boring. ATi and nVidia each have like a dozen variations of their last generation cards, not to mention all of the third parties' custom variations.

Oh, on that chart, I thought that Thermalright XP-120's won't fit in the sg01-e with a fan on top, just without the fan, and there should be about a 15 mm gap left according to the height of that heatsink and the 78mm of space that the sg01-e allows. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Well I never said heatsink and fan… :) Sounds right. I was basing it off the Silverstone cooler dimensions. I added something to the spreadsheet.

Even though the 8800 GTX card *might* fit into a shuttle box, are the shuttle power supplies up to the power requirements of the Nvidia card?
I've got a 7900gtx in my SN25P, and that was pretty tight.

Back