What are your thoughts on Gateway and Acer laptops?

Rusky

Limp Gawd
I need to rule out some laptops before I can settle on one that I want.

I'mm monitoring the black friday sales page for a laptop that I want.

The brand choices aren't too great, but there are a lot non-the-less.
If anyone can point out some good deals on that page I would appreciate it.

We sell Acer laptops here in my shop, and in 5 month's I've only seen one have any hardware problems. They're not great out of the box, but once you get them cleaned up, convert it to NTFS (YES, they come FAT32 factory) and get it running all is well.

Not to mention, they have this awesome 3 year, no questions asked warranty. IMO there's nothing more important to a laptop than it's warranty.

At the school where I work as an IT tech, we recently built an entire PLC lab with acer laptops. 30 machines, no problems. The school were my friend works as an IT tech recently upgraded all the profs laptops with gateways. He said those machines have been in and out of the shop so much that some of the profs went back to their old laptops.

I could be that he got a bum lot. back in the day, gateway was really solid, but, as everyone else says, right now Acer is one of the best brands out there in terms of reliability.

I personally buy all Acers. The only problems I've had are due to my own stupidity (things like dropping them)

Well after 1 bad review and now like 5 good ones, I'm gonna go with the thought that Acer makes good laptops.

So are any of the ones listed a good deal?

I love my gateway 7510GX had it a little over a year now with no problem what so ever //Knocks wood//

I love my Acer laptop, the quality is great. I have not had any issues yet (knock on wood), but yes they do come FAT32 for some weird reason. I did own a gateway desktop and it was also very good, but lately I guess theyre quality has been slipping.

Back