Does 8800GTX support ViVo

russellm

n00b
early indications said it did but it does not appear my eVGA board supports it.

Anyone know for sure if "Video In" is supported on the G80 and specifically on the EVGA 8800GTX?

thanks for the link.

I installed them but the WDM Video Capture (universal) drivers does not start after install. The Crossbar installs fine.

I tried uninstalling all the drivers and installing WDM first and it still did not help.

Has anyone gotten these to install without error?

Thanks,
Russell

I'm pretty sure the 8800 series does not have VIVO capability. You may see some third party designs way down the road that have VIVO but not currently.

on 7900 series, reference boards had traces for the required encoder chip, but none of the first boards out (in US at least) had the chip, hence no video-in capability. Eventually XFX (and now others probably) produced a board with the encoder chip and hence listed VIVO capability. NVidia lists VIVO capability for the 8800-series boards, but none of the ones available now (in US) have VIVO capability listed (presumably no encoder chip). I think in Europe, the Gainward Bliss 8800GTX has VIVO.

nBd

The 8800GTX does not have VIVO, you can tell from the lack of video in cable accessory you get with your card and at GeForce Lan 3, a friend and I talked with some of the gpu engineers and they said that the vivo functionality wasn't a sufficently demanded feature for them to put the chip necessary for that function. :(

I had no idea about that. I just presumed it had it. Thank you for the information. It will have to be ATI for me.

Back