is 2407WFP has the same panel as the S-PVA 2007WFP?

Something is very weird for me.

the dell 2407 has a PVA panel and never changed.
the dell 2407 is the most popular monitor between the three (2007, 2407, 3007 and all of their previous revs).

people here claims that the 2007 pva is much much worse than the 2007 ips.

so is the 2407 and the new 2007 panels are different? or until now the 2007 had better color quality than the 2407 and now it changed?

I really can't understand this point.
can someone help me get it?

Same panel? How is that possible...think about it. :p If by "same panel" you mean both are using S-PVA technology then the answer is yes. I think the issue with the 2007FPW is not really the fact that some are S-PVA but rather that Dell makes no distinction between those and the ones using S-IPS. The 2407 has always been S-PVA and you are correct that many people are happy with it..

I don't mean that they r exactly the same panel, the 2407 is bigger so for they both to be identical the 2007's panel need to get out from the monitor :)

what I mean is- r they exactly with the same S-PVA technology, the same product method, and the same circuit qulity?
it it so, then until the lottery, the 2007 was always better than the 2407? so why so many people preferred the 2407 on the 2007? only because of price\size ratio?

and if people r so happy with the 2407, why do 98% of the new 2007 owners say that it has such a bad panel (banding issues, worse viewing angles than some TN's, very bad color quality and etc') ?

I don't mean that they r exactly the same panel, the 2407 is bigger so for they both to be identical the 2007's panel need to get out from the monitor :)

what I mean is- r they exactly with the same S-PVA technology, the same product method, and the same circuit qulity?
it it so, then until the lottery, the 2007 was always better than the 2407? so why so many people preferred the 2407 on the 2007? only because of price\size ratio?

and if people r so happy with the 2407, why do 98% of the new 2007 owners say that it has such a bad panel (banding issues, worse viewing angles than some TN's, very bad color quality and etc') ?

the OP makes a good point and I'm curious about this also. I was torn between the 2407 and 2007 for a while. For now I went with the 2007 due to current price, will probably upgrade to a 24" next year when it drops.

2007WFP vs 2407WFP isn't so much about S-IPS vs. S-PVA for many, but 20.1" vs 24". Ever gone from a 15" to a 19" directly before?

The WOW factor is definitly there. :) Even so, people who have had both, have often wished to get the PQ of the 2007 with the size of 2407.

Want to see another WOW factor? Here is a 24" S-PVA (Eizo) next to a 30" S-IPS (Dell):

dell-3007wfp-vs-eizo-s2410w-k.jpg

Btw, do you notice the left and right sides of the 24" and the 30" (blue part?)I hate viewing angles on S-PVA :(

I don't think the general consensus is that the 2007 S-PVA is much much worse than the 2007 S-IPS, its just that when someone buys a 2007, they have the S-IPS in mind. If they so happen to get a S-PVA instead, alot would bitch about that, but I don't think even they would say its much much worse, its just that they didn't get the best panel available which they were aiming for.

S-PVA is only made my Samsung, so I would expect the 2407 and the 2007 to be more or less similar in performance. With quite a number loving their 2407, its not really logical that the S-IPS can actually be much much better. Better, definately.

The different blue colour in the pic seems really exagerrated! I never realized the colour shift was that bad on the VA panels. I have a VA myself, and only in certain gray shades is the colour shift half as obvious as that. If my LCD showed that kind of colour shifts, I'd definately be hugely dissapointed with my purchase

I can buy that one of the reasons why people gets annoyed when buying a 2007 and gets a S-PVA is because they have set their minds on the S-IPS as shown in reviews. It is however evident the differences and many people would easily spot it if they know how S-PVA and S-IPS looks like.

On the 2407 there is no lottery as of yet. Many have returned it though when they went from 2005 or 2007 S-IPS and thought they would get the same PQ when buying a 2407.

S-PVA is not a bad panel, but I must honestly say I personally don't think the PQ is as high as S-IPS. Much of this is based upon viewing angles due to crystal positioning. On S-PVA panels you get strong black, but you loose detail in black when viewing straight on. At only 5 degrees angle, details appear, but gamma changes and colors washes out. Its the same effect as if you look at a picture and move back and forth the gamma slider in your GFX control panel.

Try and take a picture of your VA panel @ 5 degree angle, and you'll get suprised... ;) cut left and right side of the image and merge them. Then you'll see some extreme changes. Here is an example of how you merge:
24055degreex2rz.jpg

You will notice that the part of the image that comes in an angle is brighter/color washed, but have more details, while the image that are more straight on has less detail but stronger color.

Here is the 2007FP S-PVA at 5 degrees:
59768645.PVA_Shadow.jpg

Here is 2007WFP S-IPS (left) next to 2007WFP S-PVA (right). Both are in an angle.
032007wfpx2tb7.jpg

It looks as if the Dell 2007FPW at least in the US, is now shipping with S-PVA panels. At least that is my recent experience as of January 30, 2007. S-PVA has some advantages over S-IPS, though graphic users will prefer S-IPS because of accurate colors.

Back the the OP questions. The 2407 uses a different model panel than one used in the S-PVA version of the 2007FPW. Both panels are made by Samsung, but they have different quailites. I believe the 2407 panel is a newer version of the SPVA panel used in the 2007.

The tech in the 2007 S-PVA and the 2407 S-PVA are same generation and similar. The 2407 has just the same strenghts and weaknesses panel wise as the 2007. :)

The tech in the 2007 S-PVA and the 2407 S-PVA are same generation and similar. The 2407 has just the same strenghts and weaknesses panel wise as the 2007. :)

I would like to know where your getting your info, since on the Dell product website the 2007 and 2407 have completely different specifications. Besides the obvious screen size, and resolution the 2407 has a higher contrast ratio, response time, and image brightness. If the two panels where the same then they would have very similar specifications.

I would like to know where your getting your info, since on the Dell product website the 2007 and 2407 have completely different specifications. Besides the obvious screen size, and resolution the 2407 has a higher contrast ratio, response time, and image brightness. If the two panels where the same then they would have very similar specifications.

They are the same PVA technology and they will have the classic washout effect that PVA has. I have looked at many VA monitors, they all do this. I owned the 2405 and 2007fp and they both did it badly. The image above with 24" Eizo, probably uses the same panel that is in the Dell 2407 and you can see the blue washing out.

If this washout doesn't bother you then you will probably find the 2407 to be a fine panel. Many people do.

Back