How to properly remove a virtual drive?

Saeid

Limp Gawd
I installed the stupid Intervideo DVD copy and it added a virtual drive. I then uninstalled the software, and the virtual drive is still there.

I tried going to device manager, and right clicking on it, and picking UNINSTALL... but after i restart my pc, its back again.

Its called "IVI Virtual CD SCSI CdRom Device"

Thanks in advance!

Try this.

Device Manager>DVD/CD Rom Devices>disable the IVI Virtual DVD Drive>restart. Next under SCSI disable the IVI SCSI controller. Now uninstall the IVI Device controller. Reboot and I think you should be done.

Hope it works :)

Thanks... ya i read online that i have to uninstall the virtual SCSI first... then it will go away... thanks :)

I too installed intervideo DVD copy, but not only did I get a virtual drive that would not go away, I got a trojan. It is SIFXINST, it made itself at home in the program files, and would not leave. Things were malfunctioning, my other dvd drives would randomly re-install, I was able to use Norton to remove its components even though it would not show up in any scan. I had to manually quarantine its components and then remove them. The DVD player and its files had to be sought out and removed also, then I was able to follow the procedure to get rid of the virtual drive. I believe I have removed the harmful trojan from my registry and things appear to be OK now. Just to let others know.

Back