Plan to get perfect 24"

Heres my plan, I am going to buy the dell 2407 maybe around end of December. Once I get it I will go to BestBuy and by the gateway 24" At home I will set them up side by side and compare everything. the winner stays the loser goes. But if I end up with the gateway it will probably cost more because of the warrenty and all.
( I will make sure to provide hudreds of pics for you guys! :D

The Dell is probably one of the worst 24" monitors.

And what about the LG 24"? If it does have S-IPS panel, it may just beat the Gateway and BenQ. Between the Gateway and BenQ, I'm not sure which wins yet.

peTeMelster said:
The Dell is probably one of the worst 24" monitors.

And what about the LG 24"? If it does have S-IPS panel, it may just beat the Gateway and BenQ. Between the Gateway and BenQ, I'm not sure which wins yet.
I'm just starting the research on these 24" monitors. Care to elaborate on why Dell is probably one of the worst?

If the Dell is one of the worst then it's because they are all very good. A friend of mine just bought the Dell and it's a really nice screen. I am buying the BenQ, which should be here in a week or so but that's mostly because of the BFI tech.

artmonkey said:
If the Dell is one of the worst then it's because they are all very good. A friend of mine just bought the Dell and it's a really nice screen. I am buying the BenQ, which should be here in a week or so but that's mostly because of the BFI tech.

The BenQ with BFI isn't out yet...

sirsad said:
The BenQ with BFI isn't out yet...
Well it's supposed to be delivered to me on the 5th Dec but of course the dates could slip... again! This is Holland by the way, the FP241W is not coming out here unlike some other places in Europe and the US, here the FP241WZ is my only option... shame :p

artmonkey said:
Well it's supposed to be delivered to me on the 5th Dec but of course the dates could slip... again! This is Holland by the way, the FP241W is not coming out here unlike some other places in Europe and the US, here the FP241WZ is my only option... shame :p

lol, that's messed up. I think I'm going to get the FP241WZ but waiting for the reviews first to make sure it is the same panel, just with BFI added.

When I say the Dell is one of the worst, you have to keep in mind that in today's current technological world, there really is no "bad" monitor. Of course you'll be wowed by most monitors, especially at 24", but comparatively, the Dell has so many problems that the other brands did much better at. For example, the Dell has faulty component inputs, it doesn't have a very uniform backlighting, has not so good color fidelity, has color banding (though perhaps the A03 revision has fixed this), and then rumors of the panel being degraded to a lower quality one. There are other problems too, but too many for me to remember or list - I just remember reading so many problems, that I'm not even considering it anymore.

For me, the choices have been limited to the following:
BenQ FP241W
BenQ FP241WZ
Gateway FPD2485W
LG L245WP

I've thrown out NECs because they are too expensive, thrown out Dell because of the problems, thrown out Samsung because of input lag, and thrown out Acer because it doesn't have HDCP support.

peTeMelster said:
When I say the Dell is one of the worst, you have to keep in mind that in today's current technological world, there really is no "bad" monitor. Of course you'll be wowed by most monitors, especially at 24", but comparatively, the Dell has so many problems that the other brands did much better at. For example, the Dell has faulty component inputs, it doesn't have a very uniform backlighting, has not so good color fidelity, has color banding (though perhaps the A03 revision has fixed this), and then rumors of the panel being degraded to a lower quality one. There are other problems too, but too many for me to remember or list - I just remember reading so many problems, that I'm not even considering it anymore.

For me, the choices have been limited to the following:
BenQ FP241W
BenQ FP241WZ
Gateway FPD2485W
LG L245WP

I've thrown out NECs because they are too expensive, thrown out Dell because of the problems, thrown out Samsung because of input lag, and thrown out Acer because it doesn't have HDCP support.
Now THAT is one hell of an informative post! :D Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. Thank you for responding with the detail you did. Now to just find out what BFI is/does...

Back