rosewill psu

sowingseason

Limp Gawd
fuck rosewill power supplies, i put in my NEW one today and it fuckin fried my mobo GG melted the 24th pin off!!!!! $170 mobo VS $42 Psu im very smart

/rant :p

Ouch.

Let this be a reminder, do NOT buy crappy power supplies. A pricy power supply is not a good power supply, nor is a bling power supply. Bling is merely bling. Not quality.

Which model? There's a 450w dual 12v that comes with a case I'm looking at using for a friends build.

I've got several of their cases (that are TT Mambo clones w/o all the gayness) and I love them. PCI slot lockers, removable HDD cages with rubber grommet vibro dampers, drive rails, etc. Dual 120mm w/ 92mm duct (no fan, but I put one in) all for like $30

Kent, don't bother. Just pick up the enhance ENS5140 or 5150. Much better supply for not a lot of money. Below that, try the always-on-rebate ultra x-finities.

We need a single sticky in this forum that says "DON'T FUCKING BUY ROSEWILL PSUS!!!".

Seriously I love Newegg but they must have chosen some shitty line of PSUs to slap their Rosewill labels on. They are absolute crap plain and simple.

Speak of the devil i just replaced my POS rosewill psu, thats what I get for cutting corners where I shouldn't, now I got a nice silverstone 365w its really nice

I must be the lucky exception. Running Rosewill 600W modular since Feb -stable and no problems-replaced an Antec.

mnitetrain said:
I must be the lucky exception. Running Rosewill 600W modular since Feb -stable and no problems-replaced an Antec.

But you are still sitting on a bomb ;)

Two of the Three 600w rosewill's are Solytech.. deer.

Buy something better.

mnitetrain said:

We'll see how lucky you consider yourself when your system starts shooting sparks.

And burns down your house, kills your family, and you lose your job, go bankrupt, and become a homeless traveling street musician.

Bbq said:
And burns down your house, kills your family, and you lose your job, go bankrupt, and become a homeless traveling street musician.

But makes friends with your puppy.

Why arn't there lawsuits against these crooks? So far I've heard of several models from different manufacturers that are built to fail in less than a year (enermax galaxy, antec SP, rosewill...) computer enthusiasts are being treated like guinny pigs.

hardc0re said:
Why arn't there lawsuits against these crooks? So far I've heard of several models from different manufacturers that are built to fail in less than a year (enermax galaxy, antec SP, rosewill...) computer enthusiasts are being treated like guinny pigs.

Because the failure rates you hear versus the actual failure rates are very different ;)

No one gets on here and says:

MAN MY ROSEWILL PSU = TEH SHIT

When someone fails, that's when you hear about it

MAN THIS ROSEWILL PSU IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

..Because most people in these parts are smart enough to look in the recommended PSU list first, and NOT buy one to begin with.

I have one of the "higher end" ones that died after 2 weeks. I also wonder why the hell they haven't been sued yet.

Is Rosewill Newegg's brand name? If so, they should be ashamed.

Rosewill = newegg house brand. Personally, I would think they just take returned units that don't sell or units that nobody wants, slap on a rosewill label, and profit !

I am getting paranoid reading these.
You really have me leaning toward Silverstone now.

Funny thing is when shopping for PS, every other mfg (TT,Antec, & a few others I can't remember ) the reviews were all crappy about the PS blowing up and/or taking out HDD or MB. The Rosewill was the only one with no problems.

In all honesty, you *should* be paranoid if you have a Rosewill PS in your rig.

Sure, not all of them fail. But how many of them are in machines plagued with problems? They might be fine if you have a low-end PC that rarely does anything more stressful that checking email, but for anything remotely resembling a serious box, I'd look elsewhere*.

*Disclosure - Caffeinated is a recent convert to the church of DBCPS (Don't Buy Crap Power Supplies), and therefore may exhibit biased viewpoints in relation to cheap PS. Members of this organization have often been converted under duress; PC's emitting sparks, smoke and other anomalies are treated with prejudice and suspicion by this group. Many of its followers, however, insist that their conversion is real; the healing of gravely ill, and even resurrections of, dead boxes have been attributed to following the precepts of this faith.

Back