*** Retail version, bought from e-tailer (not a free review sample) lol ***

Heres...on N680i board..

screenshot199fn6.jpg

Default bios...

screenshot201iu6.jpg

EPP enabled to max in bios...

screenshot200yg5.jpg

screenshot197xz5.jpg

That is some impressive ram ! I've been looking for some great ram lately with plenty of headroom, but your test runs here show that its more than capable of handling anything. I was especxially curious if the Crucial Ballitistix would work on the evga 680i motherboard. I have one question though, what is the difference between that pair and the black ones?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820148047

Haven't been paying much attention to Conroe setups (although I'm starting to), so please excuse the noob question, but why is it faster at 932 than 1244? I know the timings are different, but surely it wouldn't make that big a difference, right?

I was under the impression that 1T vs. 2T doesn't matter that much. Maybe that's just with AMD systems? Regardless, nice results there.

Well I looked into it and the other pair has leds, thats it. So far how would rate this stuff ? I'm having an extremely hard time choosing the right ram. There's so much stuff out there that uses microns and and otherr stuff that doesnt. Then you think you found one that works, only to research it and find out that its crap. This is the final decision I need to make for my next system and I must say it's kicking my ass :mad: .

One thing for sure that Crucial its part of Micron Tech.
I only tested with Nforce 680i mobo, not sure with other chipset.

Thanks for the update! Nice clocking!

While my sticks come from a different batch, If they do anywhere near those speeds then me = VERY HAPPY!

Back