picked up a 20WMGX2 :)

Rico1234

Weaksauce
Hi guys I saw best buy had a sale $100 dollars off so picked it up for $599, it's pretty sweet. I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but are there any owners that can share any good brightness contrast settings because I have never used one of those calibration things.
$599 is still not cheap but considering it has a built in tv tuner (which i dont care about really) it's still not bad and the picture is amazing in my opinion.
For a long time i considered the F20 and PW201 and they are both nice but in the end i'm happy I went with the NEC, the picture just won we over time and time again and I couldn't bring myself to pay $699 so i said if I saw it go on sale for $70 dollars or more off I would pick one up and so that was that.
Not a very informative post sad to say but sometimes you just have to throw down and treat yourself :)
Take care guys

Nice ... you'll like it ... I haven't tweaked the settings much. I've been using Native Color mode more recently latelly, otherwise the only thing I tweaked was the User Color settings to mimick my CRT. R=86.2 G=88.2 B=97.2. This is similar to the 9300K setting but without the cyan hue to it.

sRGB is a good setting for those without a calibrator, but if you have a calibrator, Native is the best way to go for multimedia. My 20WMGX2's settings (calibrated) now are:

brightness: 6.2
contrast: 97
advm: off
dv mode: standard
color: native

However I also use a gamma profile: 20061202.icm (sRGB tonal curve@native, 120 nits)

Apply it using software like xcalib (there's a Win32 version). Don't use the NVIDIA color profile loader as it doesn't work correctly with this version of profile (ICC v4.2). Just be aware that what's good for me may not be good for you (different preferences and different LCD unit).

xtknight said:
sRGB is a good setting for those without a calibrator, but if you have a calibrator, Native is the best way to go for multimedia. My 20WMGX2's settings (calibrated) now are:

brightness: 6.2
contrast: 97
advm: off
dv mode: standard
color: native

However I also use a gamma profile: 20061202.icm (sRGB tonal curve@native, 120 nits)

Apply it using software like xcalib (there's a Win32 version). Don't use the NVIDIA color profile loader as it doesn't work correctly with this version of profile (ICC v4.2). Just be aware that what's good for me may not be good for you (different preferences and different LCD unit).

OK. I think I am gonna go for this monitor. What software should use to test dead pixels, banding/tearing and other defects. This is my first lcd. Had a Mitsu Diamond 19 inch crt since ages, so dont know much about lcd testing.

Rico1234 said:
Hi guys I saw best buy had a sale $100 dollars off so picked it up for $599, it's pretty sweet. I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, but are there any owners that can share any good brightness contrast settings because I have never used one of those calibration things.

I ended up setting my brightness to 20% and left contrast at 50%. I calibrated it in photo mode with DVM off. This thing is so bright that colorimeter will set wrong gamma if left to default.

Back