VX2035wm actually rocks

geminiwave

n00b
hey everyone I've been lurking for months reading your opinions about monitors and finally bought one.

so I got this monitor the other day. I was searching for a 2025 and found this instead for a pretty good price. I bought it, brought it home, and fell in love with it. I did all sorts of tests for gradients and such and haven't found any. the viewing angle was a bit less than I expected but actually far better than the acer 22" I had before.

anyway so basically I spent months looking for something that didnt hurt my eyes and I've been coming up short lately. The NEC displays were great. the Dell 2007 was okay. there was some huge gateway that worked pretty well too but then i saw this and took a gamble on it (office depot said that there'd be no restocking fee for returns. yay!)

Well anyway i heard that its a TN panel though. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this because all of the TN panels I tried SUCKED. This one rocks. I also see the slightly purple tinge at certain angles that is characteristic of SIPS panels. Does anyone know?

I should just be happy with it because its so kind on my eyes but I don't feel like it was such a good deal if this has a TN panel in it. :-\

The viewing angle is spec'ed at 160 so it's TN

IPS turns very purple not just kinda purple.

huh. drat.

oh well. anyone wanting a rather superb TN display should consider this. its actually really good. theres very minimal backlight bleeding as far as I can tell. I still need to crack out fear to be absolutely sure, but it is substantially less than the acer i tried. And quite a bit less than the dell 2005wfps we have at school.

So was the 2025wm better, being P-MVA ?????

Should I try to get a 2025? Is the 2035 good? What about TN? Worth paying 300$ CAN for a TN?

Thanks

Perhaps this is one of the new kings of TN? Finding the best TN panel in a mainstream monitor was always something I wanted to do, because I am sure that I would be completely satisfied with a TN panel that was an 8bit. Any idea if this monitor is 8bit?

I saw it on newegg and nowhere does it confirm how many colors it does. No panel type, no display color count.

I have a VX2035wm and it is awesome. My only complaint is that on startup, I dont see the BIOS or Windows screens. It only finds a signal once it gets to the desktop. I have it setup going through the DVI. Anyone else ever have that happen?

Wow, I can't beleive you are having the same problem as I with a different Viewsonic monitor.

I have a VP2030b. The picture quality is incredible, but I am sick of the problems.

I am actually out hear searching for a replacement because I am tired of this problem with mine. Sometimes I have to cold boot to get it to come on. Anyway I'm going to RMA mine, get a new one and sell it.

Woe is me...and you.

[PHD]Earthworm;1030522687 said:
I have a VX2035wm and it is awesome. My only complaint is that on startup, I dont see the BIOS or Windows screens. It only finds a signal once it gets to the desktop. I have it setup going through the DVI. Anyone else ever have that happen?

It's a really common problem with Viewsonic monitors. Google "viewsonic EDID repair" for tons of complaints and fixes that worked for some people, but not for others, and certainly not for everyone.

The only 100% fix for the Viewsonic problem is to buy a better monitor.

Back