Acer 22" AL2216WBD HDCP?!?

bigddybn

Supreme [H]ardness
Got my replacement monitor tonight from Circuit City. The first one I took back for dead pixels. The new monitor has a perfect screen and a couple of surprises.

IMG_1464.jpg

You're not seeing things. That says HDCP on it. I have no way of confirming this functionality but it definitely has it listed on the box.

Here is a shot of the label

IMG_1466.jpg

The other intersting thing is the OSD. Before hitting the auto button just ran the auto sequence. Now when you hit it you get a pop up menu asking whether you want to switch to several different modes. They are Text, Standard, Graphics and Movie. There is also an odd "e" icon on the menu and only on the face of the monitor that were not there before.

IMG_1468.jpg

The panel itself doesn't seem different, just the backend electronics. Whatever it is something is definitely different with this monitor.

was this change announced somewhere or is it another one of those behind the scenes things that you don't find out unless you buy the monitor? those bug me, but this is a nice find.

I take it you like the monitor then? ..I've been thinking about getting one of these for a little while..

Back