I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Yeah, I got the Lian Li PC-A05B in, damn it's an awesome little case.

I'm confident that I can fit my main rig in there (not that I'm going to, just that I can :D)

Let the pictures speak for themselfs.

There are no scratches or anything, my camera is teh gay and shows everything it seems like,

I WANT IT!!!!!

Are you going to install your stuff into it?

I want some shots of it fully loaded...

shit man LL just put out 2 cases I am in love with

:(

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh is so cute..lol

it is one slick looking mATX case (assuming)

was the cost on one of those?

MrGuvernment said:

It fits standard ATX mobos :)

MrGuvernment said:

Takes standard mobos :)

It was $89, so not bad at all.

As for what I'm putting in there, I have no damn clue. Not really sure yet :)

LiveWire said:
Where does the power supply go?

who needs psus... apparently new asus mobos are powered by 1337ness.....

okay in goes in the front and theres and extension cord

l0cke said:
okay in goes in the front and theres and extension cord

Hmm, seems like it'd block an awful lot of airflow...

Even so I do think this be my next case!

LiveWire said:
Hmm, seems like it'd block an awful lot of airflow...

Even so I do think this be my next case!

It doesn't, airflow is just reversed... back out front.

Ockie, can you please post some pics with the front aluminium cover removed and also the inside of the case, where the psu goes, with the hdd cage removed (if it can be removed)?
Thx.

Is there an exhaust fan in front of the hard drive cage?

Is the hard drive cage removable?

Thanks.

I will see if it can be removed, however I don't think it would be an issue anyways with that drive cage in there.

Ockie said:
I will see if it can be removed, however I don't think it would be an issue anyways with that drive cage in there.

I'm liking this case and have a few ideas on stuff to do with it... and that drive cage being removable would help a bit. Thanks for the help.

I want to do some modding to this case, but i need to see the place where the back of the psu is (exhaust, on\off switch), behind the front panel (i think you can remove it, in order to plug the psu and turn it on). Some more pics would be great..:)

Arghhh, don't know how to explain this more clearer, as english is not my native language. :(
I need to see a pic with the front side, but with the black aluminium panel removed, where the exhaust of the psu goes.
Also, i want to see a pic just like you posted above, from the same angle, but with the hdd cage removed.

This case looks super cool. I'm starting to dig micro/mini cases alot. Until the Silverstone TJ08 and the Lian Li G50/V600 series, there just weren't many nice ones out. All they need to do now is to make a silver one with a sideview window.. :D

Well guys, I don't have my camera with me at the moment so I can't deliver on the pictures, however, I should be able to take some on tuesday

Or I can use the cheap digi camera I have.... hmmm

Okay, here are the crappy pics.

The PSU is removable, the plate of the PSU can be removed by the 4 thumb screws. Also, the front cover comes off just like any other lianli case... simply just pull it off.

The harddrive cage is not removable by screws. however, you can pop the 6 small rivets out and it can be removed. The fan is still mounted to the case and doesn't require the hard drive cage to be mounted.

Wow I didnt even know it had a fan hidden in there

is that a 120mm fan? or is it smaller?

I had figured the only exhaust was the psu... good deal

khanable said:
Wow I didnt even know it had a fan hidden in there

is that a 120mm fan? or is it smaller?

I had figured the only exhaust was the psu... good deal

120mm :)

Is this case considered a mini or a mid? It looks to me like its a mini but ive seen it considered as a mid on many other sites. Im looking to get a nice clean case like this one for my build, but im having trouble finding this one at a local store. I think I may have to get this off of newegg or somethin, or consider getting myself a Lian Li PC-65B. This case could really use a window though. :p. Other than that, very nice case.

ockie, thanks for the pics! I was wondering if you'd know whether or not the lian li drive covers would fit over the front of the optical drives. I would hate to tarnish the simple look of the front of the case with the face of an optical drive.

Edit:Also, could you take another picture of the front of the case without the aluminum face? I was wondering if I could see what the area around the optical bays looks like.

If this thing could house the 8800gtx I just ordered on newegg I would SO be getting this.

uberwurst said:
If this thing could house the 8800gtx I just ordered on newegg I would SO be getting this.

I dont' see why it wont fit.

ryboto said:
ockie, thanks for the pics! I was wondering if you'd know whether or not the lian li drive covers would fit over the front of the optical drives. I would hate to tarnish the simple look of the front of the case with the face of an optical drive.

Edit:Also, could you take another picture of the front of the case without the aluminum face? I was wondering if I could see what the area around the optical bays looks like.

I don't see why they would change their design not to accomidate thier large line of accessories... so I don't know but I'm assuming it uses the standard lianli covers.

The PSU's with the 120mm fan on the bottom.. Are they an issue in this case? Which way are they oriented? I assume they are at least partially blocked by something.

I'd be kinda worried about building too much of a beast in one of these tiny cases. Could say, a C2D 2.4ghz (no OC) with a 7950GT, a hard drive, and a DVD burner be squeezed into one of these without it overheating?

It is a cool case tho. Kinda looks like my PC60 which I do love so much.

SuperSubZero said:
The PSU's with the 120mm fan on the bottom.. Are they an issue in this case? Which way are they oriented? I assume they are at least partially blocked by something.

I'd be kinda worried about building too much of a beast in one of these tiny cases. Could say, a C2D 2.4ghz (no OC) with a 7950GT, a hard drive, and a DVD burner be squeezed into one of these without it overheating?

It is a cool case tho. Kinda looks like my PC60 which I do love so much.
in reference to the PSU... i'm guessing that if you orientate your PSU so that the intake 120mm is on the top, some of the intake of the case (front mounted 120mm) would draft to the intake of the PSU...

if that's the case, i think it would be fine considering the alternative in standard ATX cases is for the PSU to draw in warm internal case air

Back