Cinema display compatability

davepoint

n00b
HI - I was wondering if anyone has tried an apple cinema display(in particular a 30" one) with vista - does WinACD work on vista?
An even less likely question :) - has anyone tried the 30" ACD with an 8800 GTX? I hear people have problems with some cards getting it to post bios..

thanks

8800gtx sli here and it posts the bios for me. before I installed winacd. All I needed that for was button functionality really.

well at last I am about to buy an 8800gtx (sorry to drag this thread up again) - just wondering if there were any other people who were using an 8800gtx with a 30" cinema display. Thanks

well at last I am about to buy an 8800gtx (sorry to drag this thread up again) - just wondering if there were any other people who were using an 8800gtx with a 30" cinema display. Thanks

I would if had the money. ;)

well considering the guy 2 freakin posts above you has the same setup, NO I don't think there are any issues.

yes but I have read of people having to update their cards to run a 23" ACD - there is an update specifically for it here: http://evga.com/support/drivers/ but it specifies 23" and hell call it paranoia but forgive me for wanting a wider range of responses

yes but I have read of people having to update their cards to run a 23" ACD - there is an update specifically for it here: http://evga.com/support/drivers/ but it specifies 23" and hell call it paranoia but forgive me for wanting a wider range of responses

That was a big issue with the first gen 23 inch screen(the one with the clear plastic frame). I had that one untill like 2 weeks ago. Thing hated ati. Couldn't get it to work at all on like 3 or 4 ati cards over the years. Worked fine on a few nvidia cards(like 6600 and up).

i have a BFG 8800gtx with an apple cinema 30" display... works very good.. it can post bios no problem... games look so awesome on it... now im gonna setup my new conroe rig tonight... getting rid of my old amd 4200+ in my rig... now gonna see the real potential of the 8800gtx.. and you know whats weird.. that green pixel thing when the monitor changes different resolutions is gone???!?! i was running 7900GTO's in SLI before.. and sometimesi would get the dancing green pixels on the screen when changing resolutions in some games.. now its gone? dont know what the 8800gtx did but its all fine now... so dont worry about the 8800gtx being compatible with the ACD 30" it is!

Back